Starter Decks 7 Dukemon & 8 ULForceV-dramon Promo Poster & Magazine Previews of Royal Saber & ULForce Saber

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few card game previews...

A promo poster for the new starter decks is showing up at stores in Japan.

This was sent to stores to promote the release of Starer Decks 7 & 8 next month and features the card art of Dukemon and ULForceV-dramon that also appears on the packaging of the new starter decks.

Nothing new here really, just a nice look at the art.

Plus a bit more...

From what little we can see of around the cards, it appears this is from a new issue of Card Gamer magazine.

The cards are Royal Saber and ULForce Saber, featuring Dukemon & ULForceV-dramon doing their signature blade attacks.

Interestingly, the ULForce Saber art appears to be a homage to similar artwork done by (ULForceV-dramon designer) Tenya Yabuno of ULForceV-dramon Future Mode a number of years ago, which was used in Hyper Colosseum.

The Dukemon art may also be a homage, but there is so much art of Dukemon it's a bit harder to pin down (the pose is also one that wouldn't be out of place from a number of anime and games.)

Card Gamer magazine often had a large spread for the Digimon Card Game, so hopefully we get more shortly.

Thanks to baidu and Weibo users for the images.

Previous Card previews for Starter Decks 7 & 8:

We have clean card images for Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards.

We also just got our first details & images for Booster Set 6 Double Diamond & the Dukemon & ULForceV-dramon starter decks and pre-orders are up!

Plus we have the first details for the 1 year anniversary of the card game, including a number of fun things!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards

Attachments

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Royal Saber
[Main] 1 of your Digimon gets +2000 DP for the turn. Then, if you have equal to or fewer security cards than your opponent, 1 of your Digimon gains <Security Attack+1> for the turn
[Security] Add this card to your hand

Ulforce Saber
[Main] Unsuspend 1 of your blue Digimon

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice two Sabers.

Royal Saber

[Main] 1 of your Digimon gets +2000 DP for the turn. Then, if you have equal to or fewer security cards than your opponent, 1 of your Digimon gains <Security Attack+1> for the turn

Ulforce Saber

[Main] Unsuspend 1 of your blue Digimon

SparkGold is that you? I thought it was other member.

Timkun55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They look pretty good!
Though interesting to see that "Saber" is spelled differently on each card; 「セーバー」for Dukemon/Gallantmon and 「 セイバー」for Ulforce. I wonder why? 🤔

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They look pretty good!
Though interesting to see that "Saber" is spelled differently on each card; 「セーバー」for Dukemon/Gallantmon and 「 セイバー」for Ulforce. I wonder why? 🤔
Both are accurate transliterations of the word "Saber", though the second is slightly more accurate.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They look pretty good!
The one from Ulforce "Saber" (セイバー) is the same as the one from Digimon Savers (セイバーズ) so maybe it's meant to be "Ulforce Saver", rather than "Ulforce Saber". I guess the anime can also be translated as "Digimon Sabers".

Interestingly enough, the セイバー is also the start of SaviorHackmon so I guess he can also be Savor/SaberHackmon, and the attack could be Ulforce Savior and the show Digimon Saviors (this one kinda sounds like it'd make more sense than Digimon Savers you know)

Last edited:

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The one from Ulforce "Saber" (セイバー) is the same as the one from Digimon Savers (セイバーズ) so maybe it's meant to be "Ulforce Saver", rather than "Ulforce Saber". I guess the anime can also be translated as "Digimon Sabers".
Japanese doesn't distinguish (a lot of the time) between B and V, so "Seiba" and "Seiva" are the same.

This has been used for puns before, many times, yes. That said, Digimon Savers is absolutely the intended title.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Japanese doesn't distinguish (a lot of the time) between B and V, so "Seiba" and "Seiva" are the same.

This has been used for puns before, many times, yes. That said, Digimon Savers is absolutely the intended title.
Meaning the attack and Digimon should prob be Ulforce Saver and SavorHackmon.

Or it's a typo like Orgemon.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meaning the attack and Digimon should prob be Ulforce Saver and SavorHackmon.
No, that is not what it means, "doesn't distinguish" still means that "saber" is as correct as it was before... especially since it's the attack where he uses his saber. There's just more than one "correct" way to transliterate that word and in fact more than two, as SaberLeomon and Metallicdramon's "Laser Saber" spell it "サーベル" instead.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lovely effects and arts. Hope UlforceV-dramon will get Future Mode as new card to support for sure.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or it's a typo like Orgemon.
Orgemon is spelled the way it is because Ogre is sometimes translated directly as Org in Japanese. It's technically a typo, but it's accurate in Japanese.

Same story with Tyranomon there - it should, by all logic, be Tyrannomon, but that word is transliterated as Tyranosaurus in Japanese, so they all have one N.