Status
Not open for further replies.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As of today, Digital Starlight is on hiatus. I've requested help for the site on several occassions as I cannot keep up to date on everything on my own anymore. The only person that offered help, wanted to be paid for doing it. After spending a way ton in the fandom (V-Jumps, Manga volumes for V-Tamer and Next, for the translations of said manga, hosting prior to WtW and more than I currently care to remember) I could not believe what I was reading.

Because of the lack of help, Starlight is on a break. I'm almost 90% sure the hiatus will become permanent in the near future. This does not mean I am taking down the site. All it means is that it won't be updated.

Jackalmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: Digital Starlight - Hiatus

Awww, how sad, I love Digital Starlight. Its a shame I'm not experienced enough to help, or I'd gladly offer

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Vande link=topic=16461.msg216545#msg216545 date=1314974718]
The only person that offered help, wanted to be paid for doing it.
[/quote]

I think this may be the single most asshole-ish thing I have ever read on the internet.

Anyways, I could certainly help with writing. I don't have much experience coding though, so I won't be much help actually incorporating anything onto the website without some explanation.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I could find pictures, it it helps any.

Jackalmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I have it pretty easy this semester. If it doesn't take much experience I'd be glad to help. Free of charge, like help should be ;D

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=CloneWarrior link=topic=16461.msg216962#msg216962 date=1315582930]
Anyways, I could certainly help with writing. I don't have much experience coding though, so I won't be much help actually incorporating anything onto the website without some explanation.
[/quote]

I can do the coding for anything that you write. Whether it be missing bios, updating bios, episode synopsis (commencing from Episode 15.) Manga synopsis (From Chapter 8 onwards). Anything like that really. Trust me I was spitting when I read they wanted to be paid.

[quote author=~ The Chaos Entity ~ link=topic=16461.msg216963#msg216963 date=1315585141]
I could find pictures, it it helps any.
[/quote]

It would help yep, taking pure screenshots is even better. You would be able to see what I mean with the pics such as Shoutmon that are up on Starlight. (aka don't have any text on screen, except the timestamp)

[quote author=Jackalmon link=topic=16461.msg216985#msg216985 date=1315622428]
I have it pretty easy this semester. If it doesn't take much experience I'd be glad to help. Free of charge, like help should be ;D[/quote]

Well i pretty much listed most of what needs doing under Clone's quote. The only thing not added to that is the info on the new kids (which pretty much can't start properly until Boy Hunters starts airing) plus both anime and manga armies list need updating. For that what i require is if a character was in a faction and joined a new one (saying for example Nene - Twilight to Nene Xros Heart)

All that is really required is that you watch Xros or view the manga (the less i say about that the better really). So yea, anything mentioned above is pretty desperatly required. Experience isn't required, so if anyone can offer or isn't sure then feel free to post/ask.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Vande link=topic=16461.msg217013#msg217013 date=1315682037]
I can do the coding for anything that you write. Whether it be missing bios, updating bios, episode synopsis (commencing from Episode 15.) Manga synopsis (From Chapter 8 onwards). Anything like that really. Trust me I was spitting when I read they wanted to be paid.[/quote]
TMS is helping the wiki intermittently with episode synopsis. Once I get done with everything else I'm behind on, I will start working on episode synopsis for Xros Wars -- you would be free to use those, provided you credit the wiki. As of now, though, we have not much up. I can't do anything for the manga, since we don't have any translations past the first chapter.

It would help yep, taking pure screenshots is even better. You would be able to see what I mean with the pics such as Shoutmon that are up on Starlight. (aka don't have any text on screen, except the timestamp)
You can use any of the screenshots we have on the wiki, provided you credit whoever uploaded them at first, or just credit the wiki as a general note somewhere.

Most of them are the analyzer screens, though, meaning they have the text there. Not subs, though, I've been trying to make sure we don't use any subbed screenshots.

Well i pretty much listed most of what needs doing under Clone's quote. The only thing not added to that is the info on the new kids (which pretty much can't start properly until Boy Hunters starts airing) plus both anime and manga armies list need updating. For that what i require is if a character was in a faction and joined a new one (saying for example Nene - Twilight to Nene Xros Heart)
The wiki should have that info up to date, if you want to cannibalize it.

All that is really required is that you watch Xros or view the manga (the less i say about that the better really). So yea, anything mentioned above is pretty desperatly required. Experience isn't required, so if anyone can offer or isn't sure then feel free to post/ask.
Most anything you sound like you need, the wiki either has or needs to write as well, so feel free to ping me any requests for info and I'll work on getting them done as time allows.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don't like taking from other sites that's the problem. Starlight never did it in the past and I don't want to see that happen. If push came to shove I would possibly do it (and credit of course) I prefer to have her stuff all written from scratch. Although i do appreciate that offer.

I have translations of all the chapters..

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'll assemble any pictures required, I'll look over the site and get you the missing ones PDQ.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=~ The Chaos Entity ~ link=topic=16461.msg217021#msg217021 date=1315684887]
I'll assemble any pictures required, I'll look over the site and get you the missing ones PDQ.
[/quote]

Thankies, analyser pics won't be needed, i have most of them ready to update.

Inpu

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Vande link=topic=16461.msg217020#msg217020 date=1315684336]
I don't like taking from other sites that's the problem. Starlight never did it in the past and I don't want to see that happen. If push came to shove I would possibly do it (and credit of course) I prefer to have her stuff all written from scratch. Although i do appreciate that offer.

I have translations of all the chapters..
[/quote]
Well then, vlc lets you do screenshots pretty easily, you just click "Snapshot".

I'd be willing to write up summaries of the manga chapters, if you'd let me use the information in the translations for the wiki as well.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'd rather not have stipulations set for the work provided where possible. The work that is to be done is for Starlight only. That may seem 'off' but I have the sites best interest there. Maybe someone else will be able to do the summaries, before I have to resort to having to make deals.

Inpu

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Vande link=topic=16461.msg217075#msg217075 date=1315742552]
I'd rather not have stipulations set for the work provided where possible. The work that is to be done is for Starlight only. That may seem 'off' but I have the sites best interest there. Maybe someone else will be able to do the summaries, before I have to resort to having to make deals.
[/quote]
To clarify -- I'm not asking that the wiki use the actual summaries that Starlight uses; we would be writing completely different material. I'm just asking that I don't have to pretend I don't know what happens in the manga.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=KrytenKoro link=topic=16461.msg217110#msg217110 date=1315775824]
To clarify -- I'm not asking that the wiki use the actual summaries that Starlight uses; we would be writing completely different material. I'm just asking that I don't have to pretend I don't know what happens in the manga.
[/quote]

Ok i'm fine with that. If you drop me an email to my Starlight box, i'll be able to give to you what you will need.

Jackalmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'd be fine writing episode summaries. I usually scored high in English so I suppose I'm a good writer. I actually have a fair knowledge of HTML (is that what Starlight is made with?)

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Jackalmon link=topic=16461.msg217211#msg217211 date=1315968211]
I'd be fine writing episode summaries. I usually scored high in English so I suppose I'm a good writer. I actually have a fair knowledge of HTML (is that what Starlight is made with?)
[/quote]

Starlight is mostly php. I'm ok with the coding aspect of it, that's the easy part heh. But writing the episodes summaries would be a huge help.

Jackalmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Great, I've seen every Xros Wars so far ^^ haven't read the manga yet though, but I could.

Inpu

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

[quote author=Vande link=topic=16461.msg217260#msg217260 date=1316099261]
Kryten is going to be doing the manga synopsis, so that's them covered.
You doing the episodes would be those covered.

[/quote]
I actually need to ask, is there an example of a synopsis on your site that you view as "perfect"? Any kind of standard that you would like me to work towards? Any standards on tone? (professional, excited, sardonic, etc.)

Or do you just want me to write what I am wont to write?

Status
Not open for further replies.