Some Digimon X Details from Bandai, Update- Press Image & Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A tweet from Bandai America gives us some new updates on the US release of the Digimon X, with one or two potential surprises...

They mention 107 Digimon to train and battle. As I recall this doesn't quite line up with the Digimon X v1 Black/White from Japan, so whether this is a mistake or they are adding some Digimon, it'll be interesting to see (or just a fuzzy way of doing the math.)

The only other detail that 'might' be seen as curious is mention training 3 Digimon at the same time. The X series had the preserve system, where you could 'pause' two Digimon and swap them in or out as you want with an active Digimon, which is what this is likely referring to.

Pre-orders for the Digimon X are currently open with a scheduled release day of July 15th: (affiliate links)
Digimon X White & Blue
Digimon X Green & Blue
Digimon X Black & Red
Digimon X Purple & Red

Previous details can be found here, here, and here.

Update- From a press release...

The packaging is nice clear images, although doesn't appear to be different from what they showed at DigiNavi.

The actual press details don't 'quite' provide any new details, minus that the July date listed on Amazon is apparently wrong, and they intend to launch in October.

Based on the Original Digivice that started it all, this new device is back and equipped with tons of new features and evolutions that come in a variety of different colors. Users can now hatch, raise, feed, and train their digital monster for the ultimate monster match, a showdown between one Digimon and another! These devices connect to each other (and previous versions) to allow users to compete with whoever challenges! The Digimon X has a variety of new features like the Random Attack Generator, New Quest mode, Digimon facial expressions and so much more! Brace yourself for hours of fun and tons of Digimon to battle with!

Fans can be first to order Digimon X with pre-sales launching online on April 30 on Amazon, with product hitting store shelves in October 2021.
"We're so excited to bring this new device to the North American market!" said Cisco Maldonado, Senior Director – Brand Strategy, Bandai America. "Fans of Digimon have been asking for Digimon X (quite vigorously- I may add) for a while and I'm pleased we are able to make it happen."

Digimon X Features:
  • New Colors: (black & red, white & blue, purple & red, and green & blue)
  • Over 100 new evolutions of Digimon to train and battle
    • new abilities, more variety
    • longer playtime
  • Devices can connect & battle
    • Devices are also compatible with earlier versions of Digimon
  • Random Attack Generator
  • New Quest mode with new ways to level up your Digimon
  • Digimon Facial Expressions

Attachments

Last edited:

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure those are sprites from DM20 in the picture.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure those are sprites from DM20 in the picture.
Bandai often just grabs sprite images and puts them in photos. They very often have no specific connection to the V-Pets themselves.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like even if you count the enemy only Digimon you don't get to 107. Curious indeed

GeekDex

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like even if you count the enemy only Digimon you don't get to 107. Curious indeed
Yeah, I tried doing “creative math” with all the DMX devices, and even if they mixed and matched them, I don’t know where the 107 would come from...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Only thing I can think of is that theyre counting all 3 devices together (DMX 1/2/3) and their specification of "new Digimon" rather than "total playable Digimon" or something similar worded to that. So for example Sistermon Blanc and Keramon X would count as "new", as they hadnt been in Vpets before but Herissmon wouldn't count as new cuz he was in the DM20. Maybe that'd get you to 107 counting raisable+enemy only for those who made their vpets debuts in the DMX1-3.

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has anyone tried counting all of the X Digimon only between all 3?

I got 104 assuming I didn't make any errors.

Last edited:

GeekDex

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There’s that many duplicates? Between all 6 (the three groups of 2), I counted 181, but I know there’s duplicates with the demon lords and royal knights.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a press image and info.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's 172 different Digimon between all six versions of the DMX.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and how many if you take away digimon that had already been in vpets before? so removing palmon x and agumon x and so forth.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and how many if you take away digimon that had already been in vpets before? so removing palmon x and agumon x and so forth.
Dunno - give it a shot!

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the new colours are different variants of the white and black DMX. Now that there's an image of the green/purple in the box with MetalGarurumon X artwork.

Would align with the US release of the DM20th's where they introduced a new colour of both the brown and grey device rosters.

Jordan171998

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dunno - give it a shot!

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the new colours are different variants of the white and black DMX. Now that there's an image of the green/purple in the box with MetalGarurumon X artwork.

Would align with the US release of the DM20th's where they introduced a new colour of both the brown and grey device rosters.
Also don't forget that we never really had a Digimon X VPet before like the Pendulum X from way back when, so they might be including the X forms with that.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dunno - give it a shot!

Also don't forget that we never really had a Digimon X VPet before like the Pendulum X from way back when, so they might be including the X forms with that.
Who knows how they settled on that number. I wouldnt be aurprised if they coud any digimon that they made a new sprite for as a "new digimon evolution".

ie: agumon x got a new lil sprite. Had a nice big one on the pen x.

And like Marc said, the NA marketing team doesnt seem to have a very keen attention to detail. Could very well be a spitball or just plain wrong lol

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't there like 107 Digimon excluding version exclusives and jogress in the DM20?

TacklingTeq

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking at the picture, i think it's safe to say blue X mark = japanese white/blue version, and red X mark = japanese black/red.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So excited these are finally coming stateside!

I want to buy one, but I can't decide whether to wait for English versions of the Ver. 2 or Ver. 3 devices. Do the X Ver. 1, Ver. 2, and Ver. 3 have any gameplay differences between them (aside from Ver. 1 having only 31 areas in Quest Mode)? It's my understanding that the *only* differences between the three versions are the roster of Digimon. Is that correct?