Social Media Images, Vote for Favorite Movie/OVA/Special, Japanese Coloring Contest, Product Sales, & WarGreymon Option Cards from Booster Set 1

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few different things to go over as the weekend is about to start...

First up, some social media images! Digimon Web started with a fun baseball image, and posted this message along with it:
After being beaten by Mamemon 3 times, Monzaemon heads to the batting center to swing out his anger.⚾
With sharp eyes, he strikes at the pitcher, Cho·Hakkaimon!
Monzaemon sent two home runs flying to the left and to the right.☄
How many home runs can you hit?

Then they had one for a small celebration!

The Digimon Web Twitter account officially passed having 50,000 followers, so we got a fun image of Whamon and Gomamon, along with a message:
㊗Thank you for 50,000 followers! 🎊🎉
The followers for Digimon Web Official is over 50,000!👏👏👏
Thank you! We will continue to do our best 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♀️
Whamon excitedly tosses someone into the air🐳
Gomamon is raised up high and is overjoyed!

And last was a photo...

As part of the Stay at Home with Digimon promotion, various Digimon films, including the first Adventure movie are being streamed freely in Japan. They posted a big photo of a copy of the script from movie 1 along with explaining it was found during a recent warehouse move. (A smaller image is embedded, linking takes you to a much larger version.)

And tying in with the Stay at Home with Digimon promotion, the Digimon Web website began doing fan votes in April (Starting with who your favorite Digimon who appeared in anime was) and for May they are doing one related to the Stay at Home promotion.

The fan vote this time is that with 6 Digimon movies being streamed freely, they wanted to know which of the 18 works is your favorite (including the 6 being streamed.) The selection includes 18 films, OVAs, specials, etc. You can vote on one, and the choices in order are:
You get to choose 1, in order:
Digimon Adventure (Movie)
Digimon Adventure: Children's War Game
Digimon Adventure 02: Hurricane Touchdown
Digimon Adventure 02: Diablomon Strikes Back
Digimon Tamers: Battle of the Adventurers
Digimon Tamers: Runaway Digimon Express
Digimon Frontier: Revival of the Ancient Digimon
Digital Monster X-Evolution
Digimon Savers the Movie: Ultimate Power! Activate Burst Mode!
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Determination
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Loss
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Coexistence
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Our Future
Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna
Digimon Adventure 3d: Digimon Grand Prix!
Digimon Savers 3d Digital World in Imminent Crisis

Voting closes May 28th.

Next up, a coloring contest for those in Japan.

They opened up a website for a small coloring contest for Digimon Adventure:.

On the page are two hand washing images, featuring Taichi and Agumon, and Sora and Piyomon.

To enter the contest you:
Color the images however you want
Follow the Digimon Adventure: Twitter account
Post the colored image to Twitter with the hastag #デジモンてあらい
It runs thru May 31st.

Entries will be shown on the TV broadcast of Digimon Adventure: when the hiatus ends. Additional images might be put on Youtube, social media, in Japan and abroad.

The images can be colored however you wish. They provide a few different ways to do it:
A PDF on the website (we've extracted the pages and embedded thumbnails above that lead to larger versions.) These can be printed and colored with whatever you'd like.
They have a digital coloring tool on the page, which also allows you to save the image.

We've nabbed the PNG version of the small and large version of the files shown on the site also. We've left the alpha layer on these, so they will look a touch odd embedded here:

Next up, a couple of sale items of interest...

Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition is currently part of Steam's Golden Week sale thru May 6th. If you were waiting to nab the game on PC, it's $30 bucks now!

We went over some of the technical details of the PC version in our review of Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition for Switch is currently available to order for $39 on Amazon: (Affiliate link)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch)

The digital Nintendo Switch version is available on this page and on your Nintendo Switch.

And not a sale, but perhaps an item you missed buying...

If you missed out on Precious GEM BlackWarGreymon, the Crunchyroll store has put him up for order again.

And last, but not least, card game update!

New card preview from the Digimon Card Game!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated again with a look at more cards from Booster Set 1 New Evolution. This time it's 2 option cards that feature WarGreymon: Brave Shield and Brave Tornado.

The scaling issues continue, but both feature nice artwork that is quite different. Brave Shield uses an anime styled image of WarGreymon using the Brave Shield, while Brave Tornado uses a bit more of a painted flare, showing him straight on in the midst of his spinning attack.

The Digimon Card Game starter decks have been released and Booster Set 1 is scheduled to release on May 15th.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 1:

A bunch of fun stuff as the weekend starts!

Attachments

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love that they have Numemon and Monzaemon in the same image which I feel is a reference to being evolutionary relatives in their first appearance on the original Digital Monster v-pet, but on the Twitter I didn't notice this!
After being beaten by Mamemon 3 times, Monzaemon heads to the batting center to swing out his anger.⚾
a further reference to another Digimon from that v-pet, Mamemon! Very fitting for a baseball themed picture when Bancho Mamemon exists but I'm pretty sure that's coincidence. I wonder why they chose Cho-Hakkaimon to pitch, though?
edit: oh, and that's a Goblimon club

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ohh Color Contest...how fun!!!

Wished we had the other digi kids to choose to color from xD

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Their Twitter art is always so cute.

Also voted for Our War Game in the poll, though I have the feeling Last Evolution Kizuna is going to give it a good run for its money once I've seen it.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^ Same here! Can't wait for Kizuna

raxisa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the first two Tri movies a lot, and the original first movie, but I had to vote for War Game. Pure cinematic perfection imotbh

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I voted for War Game. Tough call between that and the original Adventure movie. Just two of my favorite movies period.

Also, sorry to be pedantic, but which of those in the list are OVAs? To my knowledge they all debuted in theaters, not on video, and would all be called movies strictly speaking. EDIT: I guess you could call the recut-into-episodes versions of Tri ONAs or OVAs?

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i think im gonna vote for hurrican touchdown, i love that movie a lot
also 50k!! Happy to see digimon is gettin out there

I wonder why they chose Cho-Hakkaimon to pitch, though?
The whole baseball picture is a reference to this old japanese winnie the pooh meme game

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, sorry to be pedantic, but which of those in the list are OVAs? To my knowledge they all debuted in theaters, not on video, and would all be called movies strictly speaking. EDIT: I guess you could call the recut-into-episodes versions of Tri ONAs or OVAs?
tri. was OVAs that had limited theatrical distribution at the same time as their initial release.

In the same way that Warner used to give their DTVs limited theatrical runs for ones that would warrant it.

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm astounded they remembered those two CGI shorts.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Winnie the Pooh's Home Run Derby reference got me. I love how the official Digimon social media accounts are willing to have a little fun, rather than just using it solely to advertise upcoming products.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do enjoy those fanart posts. So fun. Plus everything else is interesting too. Nice to see it.

Azure Beast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Same here i also voted for our war game. gomamon looks adorable and hot damn does wargreymon look cool on those cards. Still waiting for my cocytus blue.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how many kids they'd be able to get to colour in those arts? I feel like it'd mostly be adult fans that would see those on Twitter and will end up winning the content, but I guess I also could be underestimating the reach of their social media. At least it'll be a good thing to show when the episodes finally come back and help the kids learn about the important of it. I've seen some really well coloured ones. And 5000 followers is great. I wonder how many are those are western fans

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well it's rather unfortunate that only Japanese audience can include Last Evolution Kizuna since its Western release is delayed...I ended up voting for Kizuna since I've already seen it twice in Japan. Also I'm really liking the fact that Digimon is still active in times like these it is very heartwarming:)

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder why they chose Cho-Hakkaimon to pitch, though?
The whole baseball picture is a reference to this old japanese winnie the pooh meme game

If this was a meme, that's interesting. Wonder if they'll start doing memes more often... doing some funny ones might actually get them a few more followers.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's quite a lot they could do. Though I know a few they should skip. But yeah, but just Japanese memes or all over?

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's quite a lot they could do. Though I know a few they should skip. But yeah, but just Japanese memes or all over?
If they want to appeal to a global audience then definitely memes from all over, though I get that Digimon Web Official is in Japanese. Maybe they should have a Twitter platform in English too.