Social & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 19 Art, Plus Reference Book Update & Digmon Art

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weekend batch!

After Digimon Adventure: episode 19 aired, Digimon Web put up art of the new hero team that appeared in the episode: Leomon, Spadamon, and Falcomon. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 19, Howl, Jyuoken!
Finally the brave Leomon🦁, Spadamon🗡, & Falcomon✨ appear!😆🎉
How will you be involved with Taichi & the others in the future?
& that child appeared in the digital world...
Next time is episode 20 "The Seventh Child's Awakening", please look forward to it!

And then we got new art from Kenji Watanabe!

This time we get a really nice image of Leomon holding up his sword and about to use the Beast King Fist, or perhaps it's the New Beast King First... The attached message:
Leomon. A reassuring ally has appeared. I'm relieved he is there, but I'm worried...
He later responded to his own tweet pointing out a typo, the above should account for that.

And one last Leomon related update...

Long time Digimon actor Hiroaki Hirata, returning to his popular role of Leomon for Digimon Adventure: was quoted in a post from the Digimon TV account.

Apparently as recording finished he smiled and commented "I'll die soon." It was then said by a staff member, "Mr. Hirata, I won't let you escape so easily."

And then a reference book and art related update...

If you missed the most recent Pendulum Z Reportr, you might have missed 5 new Digimon being added to the reference book.

In addition, after the reference book was updated, Digimon Web on Twitter put up higher resolution art of the 4 of them who we only got low resolution of on day 1 (Nidhoggmon already had nicer resolution art.)

Pomumon, Parasaurmon, Toropiamon, Entmon, Nidhoggmon

A relatively quick one, with a lot of fun art and Leomon stuff.

Attachments

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Even the VA is aware xD

Let's hope he lives for a looooong time haha

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even Hirata knows, poor Leomon can't catch a break.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh dear...looks like they have already planned Leomon's eventual death:(:(

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn did that voice actor just had to spoil the spoilers?!

lol so they knows! Leomon's meme in voicing room!

Entomon's profile needs more wall of texts!

Eitaroutarouman

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it odd they're emphasizing the two Digimon that didn't so much as speak a peep in this week's ep, so I'm hoping this means the other resistance members will actually be relevant in the near future.

Kami

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kind of hope they throw us a curve ball and keep Leomon alive for the entire series. That would be a twist!

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kind of hope they throw us a curve ball and keep Leomon alive for the entire series. That would be a twist!
King of Beasts and a Noble Hero.

I would like to see that happen. We need legendary Leomon alive.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm calling it now, Leomon dies forcing Spadamon to have to take his place as the leader of la Resistance. Bonus points if he Evolves into a Leomon-species Digimon as well. <3

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm calling it now, Leomon dies forcing Spadamon to have to take his place as the leader of la Resistance. Bonus points if he Evolves into a Leomon-species Digimon as well. <3
Well, I won't complain if it happens. I mean, who doesn't want BladeLeomon Spadamon's evolution. 👀

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another idea I had given Toei's sudden obsession with putting XW Digimon into Adventure Colon is that instead of a generic brainwashed Leomon, instead Devimon captures him and "upgrades" him into MadLeomon - forcing the Chosen Children to have to put him down as a mercy kill. :unsure:

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another idea I had given Toei's sudden obsession with putting XW Digimon into Adventure Colon is that instead of a generic brainwashed Leomon, instead Devimon captures him and "upgrades" him into MadLeomon - forcing the Chosen Children to have to put him down as a mercy kill. :unsure:
If that happens, I will take my hat off to you.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, I don't actually think Leomon will survive, but it's nice that they're acknowledging that it's a distinct possibility! Or maybe they keep him alive for the first season and bump him off if they get a second.

Not gonna lie this particular Watanabe picture isn't great... seems oddly proportioned. But hopefully he and Ogremon are able to meet.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My hope is that he evolves into Bantyo Leomon, gets eaten by a Darkdramon and then we get Chaosmon and a situation that actually calls for a Omegamon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this Leomon art is much closer to Kenji's twitter arts, those unknown non-digimon animals in rad costumes?

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this Leomon art is much closer to Kenji's twitter arts, those unknown non-digimon animals in rad costumes?
Correct me if I'm wrong, you mean Ayumi Miyazaki avatar made by Kenji Watanabe that looks alot like Leomon with guitar?

If yes, that was the first thing came to my mind as well when I saw this Episode 19 artwork.