Social & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 13 Art, Kizuna Preview & Taguchi Tomohisa Art, Update on US Keychains, & More!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's time for the weekly 'stack of stuff on the weekend'!

Digimon Web put up a piece of art after episode 13 of Digimon Adventure: ended. A fun little image featuring one of the Digimon featured in the new episode. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 13, Garudamon of the Crimson Wings!
Funbeemon, Waspmon, & CannonBeemon have their first anime appearance! Funbeemon (voiced by Rie Kugimiya) was cutešŸ„° & super evolution Garudamon was really coolšŸŽµ
Stay tuned for episode 14, The Kings of the Insects Clash

We also got new Kenji Watanabe art for episode 13!

He drew a very striking image of Garudamon to celebrate her appearance in the show! The little flame (and ash I think) erffect is quite nice. The message he included:
Garudamon. Since it comes from the Indian God Garuda, I tried to make it look Indian... And well, that's a bit of an arm twisting, but it's my favorite Digimon. It was initially brown, but it was changed to red due to toys. I think it was a good result.

Digimon Web also put up another piece of art with a message...

It's art of Tentomon from a few years ago. The message isn't a huge surprise based on what time of year it is:
Yes... I realized...
I forgot my homework.
"Summer vacation homework, I have to do it all today... wish me luck!"

Then we move over to Kizuna for a few things...

The Digimon Adventure 20th account put up another preview of the upcoming Kizuna Deluxe Blu-ray.

A preview of the storyboard booklet that is included, which has the storyboards of the opening scene to the movie.

And then a bit more art...

Director Tomohisa Taguchi received his samples of Kizuna on home video, and posted art of Agumon and Taichi in a photo of them, along with a message:
I received a sample BD and DVD for Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna. Corona still continues, those who went to the theater, and those who couldn't, I want you to see it again and again!
It will be released on Wednesday, September 2nd.
Well, please enjoy it!

Just about time for the Japanese release of the movie on home video!
Pre-orders are open at CDJapan, and Kizuna is out on September 2nd in Japan. CDJapan links are affiliate links:
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Blu-ray Deluxe Version (CDJapan)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Blu-ray (CDJapan)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD (CDJapan)
Various details on store exclusives can be found in the original article, and an updated one here.

The US Blu-ray and DVD release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna is currently scheduled for October 6th and is up for pre-order at Amazon: (affiliate link)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna BD/DVD
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD
A digital release in the US will be a week prior to the home video release on September 29th.

Then we have an update on a product we haven't seen for awhile...

We found out about wave 2 of the Digimon Figural Keychains from Monogram Direct back in January, with a release date of April, but of course, things have happened.

We only had art at the time, but we have images of the keychains themselves and the packaging from Monogram Direct's Twitter.

Like last time, the compressed foam designs look quite pleasant.

Various stores are now listing these for August and September, so they could start showing up any day now. Etemon and Leomon are both chase figures this time around.

Our review, with lots of photos, of Wave 1 can be found here.

And then, a few days ago we had a small reference book update!

It's Gazimon X!

And last up...

For those in Japan, when Digimon Adventure: is on, there has been a data broadcast of a V-Pet you can raise. It's been announced the V-Pet broadcast will get an upgrade starting with episode 14 on September 6th.

They have refreshed what Digimon will appear and can be trained. They also have set it up so you can link your Line with the Digimon Adventure: account, which allows you to send images of your Digimon from the data broadcast to your phone. It allows you to use a QR code from the data broadcast to transfer the content to your phone, which will allow you to use the DIgimon you raised as images and stamps.

Some nice updates this week with a stack of art (plus the return of the keychains, among other things.)

Thanks to onkei for some translations and Mairead Ralph for the heads up about the keychains.

And for anyone who is interested, don't forget that Takayoshi Tanimoto has a concert streaming on Youtube from a bit over 3 hours from the time of this post. It looks like it's geolock free, and hopefully it's archived afterwards for anyone who can't make it live.

Attachments

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fanbeemon is so adorable, I love that image.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm surprised that Garudamon is Watanabe's favorite design and that it was originally brown. I think the red was a good call as well. I always thought its inspiration was native North American or Central American but it's actually Indian, I really need to learn more cultural things

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very cute. It's a good idea for a partner. Which to me means the Rookie is either cool or cute and the Mega is awesome. But that is a dynamic Garudamon. ...Did kids have that much stuff to do over the summer this year? ...I know it's an old picture but you know.