Social Art, Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 9 Art, & Raon Lee Medley

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A small but fun stack of stuff for the weekend!

With episode 9 of Adventure: having aired, Digimon Web has put up new artwork of Ogremon, who was a major part of the episode! The attached message:
Good morning everyone☀
At 9, Digimon Adventure: episode 9, The Ultimate Digimon Attacks, will broadcast.
Following Taichi and the others, that Digimon is approaching with a dreadful style... 😱
Let's look back at Episode 8 on FOD.
[Was a link to a Japanese streaming service]
Be sure to raise Digimon during the data broadcast as well~🤗

Suprisingly, they actually put up another one 'after' the episode aired.

This one also had a message:
"Thank you for watching episode 9!"
Ogremon chased after Taichi and co. for revenge at first, but through their honest and fair one-on-one, his heart changed... Ogremooooonnn😭
Please look forward to episode 10!"

We also got new artwork from Kenji Watanabe for episode 9!

He drew a really stylish image of Ogremon charging his haoken while doing a rushing leap. The message he included:
Episode 9 was a fierce battle! It was great to see Greymon in hand to hand combat! This design of Ogremon fits more with my personal tastes (^^;

I wanted to see more〜

And one more bit of social art...

On Odaiba Memorial, before DigiFes began, they put up a DigiFes themed piece of art showing Agumon, Gabumon, Dorumon, and Tokomon X excitedly watching DigiFes. The message included was:
DigiFes 2020 Online starts today at 6pm! [2am Pacific]
Click here for the venue- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCar0mpyLHo&feature=youtu.be
There will be a talk, there will be a live [performance], & X-Evolution will be shown❗
Agumon, Gabumon, Dorumon, Tokomon, let's have fun together with you~😆 on the special August 1st.
The DigiFes recording is currently offline. It appears they plan to put it back up shortly, minus X-Evolution.

And last up...

A highlight medley for the Digimon Adventure X Raon Lee cover album to celebrate 20 years of Digimon Adventure in Korea has been put up.

It features a short portion of each song put together as a medley to let people sample the songs.

The crowdfunding ends August 14th if you wanted to nab any of the products or the album.

Prior details about the crowdfunding campaign and album can be found here and here.

Lots of fun art this time, plus a nice and short medley.

Attachments

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
seriously those pictures make Orgemon the hero now :O so good:)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And this is why we need to give him a better evo then Digitamamon. One that fits Titanmon. Great art.

Lord Bearmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And this is why we need to give him a better evo then Digitamamon. One that fits Titanmon. Great art.
I feel like it could be a great reference to how when Digimon die they reverts into an egg, but in Ogremon's case it evolved into Digitamamon but the children thought it was a normal digitama. Later on it hatches Togepi-style, only growing a pair of legs and eyes.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like I'm in the minority that likes Ogremon evolving to Digitamamon before Titamon. I see it as a silent anticipation before a huge explosion of power. Titamon is literally a god killer, after all

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I read once an interview in Japanese talking about how they experimented with a Shuten Doji form for him but had trouble making it work.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I read once an interview in Japanese talking about how they experimented with a Shuten Doji form for him but had trouble making it work.
Titamon was originally conceived as Bacchusmon. The connection lies in that Shuten-Doji, leader of the oni (Japanese ogres), is traditionally depicted as an avid alcoholic. It's just that they evidently felt alcohol did not suit Ogremon.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kenji Watanabe said:
This design of Ogremon fits more with my personal tastes (^^;
what did he mean by this?
Exactly what it means. Ogremon's design fits his preference. He likes the design of Ogremon. Ogremon's design is one of his favorites. etc. etc.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just thought an Oni form would work better but that's just my opinion really.