Social Art, Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 6 Art, Early Xros Wars Info, US Shodo Pre-Orders, & Familiar Faces in the Voice Actor Challenge

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A nice stack of things for the weekend!

First up, with episode 6 of Adventure: having aired, Digimon Web once again has put up some nice (and pre-existing) art of Palmon! The attached message:
Everyone, good moooorning🥐
At 9am Digimon Adventure: episode 6, The Targeted Kingdom will air🎶
Before Episode 6 begins, look back at the story of episode 5😆
[Link to a Japanese streaming site]

At 9 o'clock let's play & train with the D-Button Digimon!🌈

On top of that, we once again get a new piece of art from Kenji Watanabe!

This time we get a great little piece of art of Palmon and Togemon. Plus a small message:
Episode 6... Togemon's action was cool. The style of the young lady Mimi-chan! I wonder what her life in the real world is like too~

And while it was put up towards the end of the 10th anniversary nearly a week ago, we have some Xros Wars fun, which we have seen before, but I don't think a nice clean image of it...

Digimon Web put up an early Xros Wars illustration, before the characters were fully finalized into those we know from the show. Along with a message explaining it:
A super early illustration plan from Digimon Xros Wars.
The initial name for Shoutmon was Damdamon.
I wonder if it was from dam dam, an onomatopoeia from when a ball bounces.🤔
Sparrowmon originally had an entirely different motif, and it's name was Ulmon. 👀
(Ulmon was likely meant to be Oulmon, or even Owlmon, but since Xros did redesign and reuse names, and the spelling in Japanese was different from 'Owlmon', we went with a purposefully different way of spelling it in English.)

In addition, Kenji Watanabe even chimed in explaining why the early Shoutmon name was changed:
Since the dumdum bullet is a banned weapon, we decided not to use that as a name for the protagonist.

Next up, for those who wanted to get the Premium Bandai version of the Shodo figures without dealing with intermediaries...

Premium Bandai USA has put up the set to pre-order.

The set from Premium Bandai USA is $50 with an extra 10 for shipping. Pre-orders will close September 8th and it will ship in November.

This is the same set as the Premium Bandai Japan release, with the asterisk that it will not include the 3 pieces of gum. (Likely to avoid it having be classified as having foodstuffs for shipping.)

Then a bit of a teaser perhaps...

The Digimon Music producer has tweeted that 'Digimon Music is preparing for that day' in reference to DigiFes 2020.

And last up, just for a bit of fun...

Awhile ago the Voice Recording Challenge was announced, where they put up some clips of Adventure: without the voice acting, for people to dub it themselves, and potentially win prizes.

A few people associated with Digimon have thrown their hats in the ring, mostly in the sense of fun (both are on the show in some fashion, so would likely not be eligible for the actual contest aspect.)

First up...

Volcano Ota!

Tanimoto Takayoshi, who sings the OP and insert song for Adventure:!

And we finish off the weekend fun with...

Volcano Ota again! This time being a bit more purposely playful.

Nice fun stack of things for the weekend.

Thanks to onkei for some translation help.

Attachments

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like Taiki and Ballistamon's designs in the concept art which is a shame considering how much I don't like their finalized designs.
Volcano Ota is truly precious and so is Palmon

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is interesting to hear. And that's some beta artwork. The other is always nice to see.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I wasn't actually expecting the Shodo figs to come on P-Bandai, but that's good to know for the future if they do similar boxes.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ulmon looks exactly how I pictured a potential “Pico Angemon”