Social Art & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 38 Art, Reference Book, Mugendramon Model Kit, & Miyazaki Concert Updates

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for a weekend batch of stuff!

After Digimon Adventure: episode 38 aired, Digimon Web put up new social art of a few Troopmon chanting (...or singing.) The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 38 The Burning Blue Friendship
When I heard the chanting of the Troopmon during recording, I thought I'd hear it in my dreams😰

But with Jou's efforts, that may be changed (for the better)?

Episode 39 Jyagamon, Potato Hell
Next time is the potato festival🍟
A new Digimon also appears⁉ Look forward to it!

And then we have new art from Kenji Watanabe!

This time we get probably the image from the episode most people focused on, Gabumon on the cross His attached message:
Gabumon & Yamato's story is always a good one. But somehow Jou takes it... (the show)

Next up, earlier in the week we got a Reference Book update for a Vital Bracelet Digimon...

Kaduchimon

Then a music update...

Streaming details have been announced for the Ayumi Miyazaki concert at the end of March.

Streaming passes for it are 3,500 yen (with extra tiers higher up for extra to go to the band), with the stream being live, plus a recording available for about 3 days after.

At the moment it doesn't appear it's geolocked, but without making an account on the ticketing site, it's hard to be sure.

Previous concert details can be found here.

And last up, model kit news!

With a month to go until the release of the Figure-rise Standard Amplified model kit of Mugendramon, we finally have an image of the box art, and some updated images o fthe model kit.

Most notably at the moment is for the English text they are using Machinedramon. The packaging art itself looks pretty fantastic.

Many shops that do import based pre-orders are low or sold out of pre-order stock, but US distribution of the kit will be a month later on April 20th, and pre-orders are still open on Amazon. (affiliate link)

Some previous sample images of the Mugendramon kit can be found here.
The page on Bandai Hobby is here, the Digimon lineup page is here, and the full Mugendramon image is here.

Thanks to Mugenlazlo for the heads up about the packaging.

Nice batch of stuff that showed up this week.

Thanks to onkei for some translation help.

Attachments

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hoo boy, if this were the nineties the dub probably would've worked hard to scrub any references to Christianity. Those were the days.... :ROFLMAO:

Loving the pic of Troopmon chanting though, was expecting them to show Mephistmon since he has not appeared in an anime for a while.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Loved how they showed Elecmon sufferinng lol
Remember that scene with the Allomon ripping apart Woodmon too?

Love how its more violent than the og xD

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. Oh that is so weird for almost anyone in English speaking areas. We forget this was a thing Romans did for everyone. ...Not sure how it just to where it is but... Hey, Troopmon chanting. ...In unison? ha I doubt they'd chant in Ominous Latin. ..Maybe if Digicode was spoken instead of just wrote.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought it was an adorable Troopmon barbershop trio.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I get that there's a lot of historical context to it, but honestly, it's still a weird choice to stick Gabumon on a cross?

And damn does that Machinedramon kit look fine. Looking forward to that, two months though...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
People get crucified like that fairly often in anime/manga. Previously in this franchise, it happened in Digimon Medley. And it kinda-sorta happened in Tamers, at least to the point where the dub felt the need to censor a scene (or so I've heard, at least). I know for a fact it's been censored in Yu-Gi-Oh before.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
People get crucified like that fairly often in anime/manga. Previously in this franchise, it happened in Digimon Medley. And it kinda-sorta happened in Tamers, at least to the point where the dub felt the need to censor a scene (or so I've heard, at least). I know for a fact it's been censored in Yu-Gi-Oh before.
Don’t forget Chuchu the giant pink hamster dying for your sins in Xenogears, the most infamous example.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It used to be really common, once upon a time.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is so freaking weird. But again, it's probably a values dissonance. Even more back then.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ashamed no Metal Garurumon or Gulfmon, but still good episode.

Kaduchimon still reminds me of Mecha/Gundam mix with Samurai and I love it, can’t wait for the other three ultimates/mega’s.