Social Art & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 36 Art, Reference Book & Profile Art Updates, & 'Not Quite Updates' on Survive/Games

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for another weekend of... stuff!

After Digimon Adventure: episode 36 aired, Digimon Web put up new social art of BlitzGreymon, who makes his first anime appearance in the new episode. The attached message:
Thanks for watching episode 36 Operation Satellite Sniper!
It's BlizGreymon, who was also featured in the Digimon Encyclopedia⚡
It was cool~😆
BladeKuwagamon also made it's first anime appearance🔰

Episode 37 Mimi-chan Wars!
Next time, there will be a Digimon that 1st appeared in the anime! Please look forward to it.

And then we have new art from Kenji Watanabe!

No surprise that the art we got was of BlitzGreymon. We get the energy column from the episode behind him, with lightning around him. The coloring style used for Blitz himself is very nice looking with quite a bit of detail. His attached message:
BlitzGreymon. This was hard to draw in a short amount of time. Once again, I think animators are amazing.

We also get a few reference book and profile art updates from the past week...

First up, reference book entries, and art, for 2 more Pulsemon evolutions from the Vital Bracelet: Tempomon and Pistmon

On top of that, BladeKuwagamon finally gets a higher resolution image for his profile art, since he appeared in the new episode of the show.

Then a couple of 'not quite updates' on games...

First up, in a recent Toei Financial IR document, under development/deployment for their copyright related business, they are currently expecting Digimon Survive to be released in Fall 2021. (The PS4/Switch mention is because it isn't getting the same hardware rollout that will be done outside of Japan.)

This isn't anything akin to Banadi announcing a release date, or even a period, but it does give us knowledge of what Toei expects and is willing to share with their investors of when they expect the game will be out.

And then, GameBiz Japan has another 'not quite' an update for Digimon.

In an investor Q&A for recent financial results, a 'new' Digimon title was mentioned as one of the titles being currently developed.

We expect this isn't a title unknown to us, but is likely just another untitled mention of the next Digimon Story game (or perhaps may simply be a more generic mention of Survive.)

Not a bad stack of art, with a couple of... not quite game updates, but perhaps some reconfirmation things are happening might help people feel a bit more positive about the games, which have been silent for a decent chunk of time.

Attachments

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's good to hear anything about survive even if it's really nothing.

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gawappamon, is it you? Seriously, Tempomon is a perfect (not the level) evolution for Gawappamon. Btw I really like both Tempomon and Pistmon they are so original! And since one of Pistmon's main specialities is "balance" and its aspect fits, it should be coming from Exermon

Last edited:

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, anyone else think the pitch black face and glowing yellow eyes makes Tempomon look like a Heartless?
Also, hopefully "Fall 2021" means we'll at least start getting some more substantial information soon.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even if it's not much, I'll take any hopeful news about Survive that I can get. :)

Ho, two more VB Perfects eh? That just leaves two Perfects left to go. As for these two: I adore Tempomon's design, he looks like the perfect (pun intended) Evolved partner Digimon for Torajirou if he was a main character in a normal Digimon anime. Pistmon on the other hand I'm not quite as in love with, but I'm sure it'll eventually grow (again pun intended) on me.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then a couple of 'not quite updates' on games...

First up, in a recent Toei Financial IR document, under development/deployment for their copyright related business, they are currently expecting Digimon Survive to be released in Fall 2021. (The PS4/Switch mention is because it isn't getting the same hardware rollout that will be done outside of Japan.)
Any news on Survive is good news at this point, as long as it's not a cancellation.

We expect this isn't a title unknown to us, but is likely just another untitled mention of the next Digimon Story game (or perhaps may simply be a more generic mention of Survive.)
To be fair, the next Story game is legit unknown to us. We know it's technically coming, but that's it.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope the next Story game stars Pulsemon or whatever new Digimon that hasn't appeared yet.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope the next Story game stars Pulsemon or whatever new Digimon that hasn't appeared yet.
Pulsemon wouldn't have existed until most of the way through development, it might get in but it won't be the star.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pulsemon wouldn't have existed until most of the way through development, it might get in but it won't be the star.
What makes you think that, Coronamon and Lunamon got to be stars of there games, and Dracomon in championships.

Last edited:

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well first story game stars Agumon 2006, Gaomon, and Lalamon, Lost Evolution Agumon and Gabumon, Super Cross Wars red & blue Shoutmon, Spadamon, Skullknightmon/Axeknightmon, & Greymon 2010/Metalgreymon 2010, and Cyber Sleuth through Hacker's Memory Terriermon, Palmon, Hagurumon, Tentomon, Betamon, and Gotsumon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I was right about BlitzGreymon. ...I wonder if we'll get the other one. ...Possible Spoilers and all. *ahem* I wonder who's in the next ep. Those other two from the VB are cool. It kind of does look like a Heartless. Maybe a bit.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well first story game stars Agumon 2006, Gaomon, and Lalamon, Lost Evolution Agumon and Gabumon, Super Cross Wars red & blue Shoutmon, Spadamon, Skullknightmon/Axeknightmon, & Greymon 2010/Metalgreymon 2010, and Cyber Sleuth through Hacker's Memory Terriermon, Palmon, Hagurumon, Tentomon, Betamon, and Gotsumon.
What are you even going on about? You're making no sense. Digimon Story was a Savers-based game, so of course it has the Savers partners; same situation with Super Xros Wars. You're making even less sense with Lost Evolution and Cyber Sleuth. How does newer games using Digimon that are 10~20 years-old prove anything?

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What are you even going on about? You're making no sense. Digimon Story was a Savers-based game, so of course it has the Savers partners; same situation with Super Xros Wars. You're making even less sense with Lost Evolution and Cyber Sleuth. How does newer games using Digimon that are 10~20 years-old prove anything?
I was talking about how they use starter Digimon or version exclusive Digimon as the main Digimon to use.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let’s stay on topic.

So, anyone else think the pitch black face and glowing yellow eyes makes Tempomon look like a Heartless?
I’ve seen several people make that observation, though it’s hardly the first time we’ve had a Digimon like that. Look at Digitamamon, Ex-Tyrannomon, and the Wisemons, for example.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I was right about BlitzGreymon. ...I wonder if we'll get the other one. ...Possible Spoilers and all. *ahem* I wonder who's in the next ep. Those other two from the VB are cool. It kind of does look like a Heartless. Maybe a bit.
There's nothing to wonder, we've known it was coming for a while due to merchandizing.

I’ve seen several people make that observation, though it’s hardly the first time we’ve had a Digimon like that. Look at Digitamamon, Ex-Tyrannomon, and the Wisemons, for example.
Come to think of it, that's a lot of Perfects, isn't it?

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's nothing to wonder, we've known it was coming for a while due to merchandizing.

Come to think of it, that's a lot of Perfects, isn't it?
You’re right I love seeing more Perfect’s Tempomon and Pistmon are awesome can’t wait for the remaining two, I wonder if the next one involves swimming.

And it’s great to be seeing obscure Digimon getting recognized.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, the next Story game is legit unknown to us. We know it's technically coming, but that's it.
No, that isn't all we know. A few more details have popped out on occassion.