Social Art, Hunters Hero Side by Side Comparison, Ani-On Kizuna Part 2 Content at Torumo, Adventure on Netflix Japan

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few small updates...

Adventure: is still on hiatus, so Digimon Web put up some social media art, and some text, regarding 2 fans enjoying the Kitaro repeats that are playing while Adventure: is off air:
Good morning everyone ☀
Digimon Adventure: is on holiday this week also 😭
At 9am is a rebroadcast of Gegege no Kitaro Episode 2, Terror! Miage-Nyudo.
Vamdemon 🧛 and Ogremon 👹 also enjoy watching Kitaro~.

Next up, Adventure director Kakudou put up an image he found while cleaning...

Side by side art of all the main heroes from each Digimon series from Adventure thru Hunters. He dates it to roughly 8 years ago, which is pretty close to when the crossover finale of Hunters aired, so it makes sense.

The note on it mentions that Taichi, Daisuke, and Masaru are drawn at heights that are different from their design concepts and asks viewers to 'adjust' that difference in their minds.

Thanks to onkei for the translation of the note.

Then, an Ani-On update.

Ani-On Station closed due to coronavirus before the Kizuna 'Part 2' content could begin, which was to heavily feature the 02 characters.

We knew some people in Japan were still getting some of it, and it was from Torumo. Namco uses Torumo, their online crane game service, for giveaways and online crane games, and they currently have the acrylic sheets of the Kizuna Part 2 Ani-On content as prizes.

Not sure how easy it'd be to deal with it from outside of Japan, but if you want...
Main Torumo Page
Ani-On Kizuna Part 2 Acrylic Sheet (1st listing)
Ani-On Kizuna Part 2 Acrylic Sheet (2nd listing)

And last up, some fun streaming news for those in Japan!

Netflix Japan has announced they have the original Digimon Adventure!

That doesn't help most of us, but more places to stream anywhere is a good thing.

Attachments

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The mention of their differing heights reminds me of how annoyed I was at how different Marcus looked in his appearance in Hunters lmao. Like he sticks out so badly next to everyone else and I'm quite sure they shrunk him

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gegege no Kitaro is just an anime, completely unrelated to Digimon. It's just that with the new anime's broadcast delayed, they're showing re-runs of older animes (in this case, Kitaro) in its television time-slot.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a pretty big thing over there. But I do like these pictures. That sure is somewhat interesting with the MCs. ...Now someone redraw that adding in Appmon. heh heh

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gegege no Kitaro is just an anime, completely unrelated to Digimon. It's just that with the new anime's broadcast delayed, they're showing re-runs of older animes (in this case, Kitaro) in its television time-slot.
oh, the yokai anime! I've wanted to watch this for a while

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kitaro was a nice watch....love see the Japnese Monster Folklore

I want Appmon's Haru to be added in the group pic lol

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah. ...The other, older Yokai anime. And Haru. That's who I mean.