MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster7skullknightmon_august19_2021.jpg
booster7deadlyaxemon_august19_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 7 New Adventure. This time it's SkullKnightmon and DeadlyAxemon.

SkullKnighmon & DeadlyAxemon get some fantastic new art of them giving various members of the Chessmon family a bad day. Some really nice midfight shots for both cards.

Previous Previews of Booster 7:

Booster 7 Next Adventure will be out on August 27th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards!

We've also gotten early details for Booster Set 7 New Adventure!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 15,493

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SkullKnightmon
[When Attacking] You may trash all of the Digivolution Sources of 1 of your digimon named [DeadlyAxemon] and put them at the bottom of this digimon's Digivolution Sources to have this digimon Digivolve into a card named [DarkKnightmon] in your hand without paying its memory cost.
[Inherited Effect]: [Your Turn] When this Digimon has [Knightmon] or [Bagramon] in its name it gains <Security Attack +1>.

DeadlyAxemon
[On Play] Reveal the top 5 cards on top of your deck. Add up to 2 cards with [Knightmon] in their name from among them to your hand. Put the rest back at the bottom of your deck in any order.
[Inherited Effect]: [Your Turn] When this Digimon has [Knightmon] or [Bagramon] in its name, this Digimon gains +2000 DP.

Last edited:

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
guessing based on the effects that Bagramon is in this set too

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, Dark Knightmon incoming
I wonder if even Bagramon will be in this set or the effect is reserved for later. There's one Super Rare left to be revealed if I'm not wrong, and he could be a potential one.

Also one White card left that is Lv.4 or higher, no idea of what it will be.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see that their Inherited Effects are accounting for their Xroses: DarkKnightmon (+MusoKnightmon) and DarknessBagramon.

The art seems like they're attacking the Chessmon empire.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I got Mandella Effect'd as I could have sworn these guys were in the TCG already but it was just in the artwork of the Knightmon line.

Anyways, Black is an interesting choice as I assumed the line would be Purple to bring it in line with Bagramon, but judging from the Bagramon mention in SkullKnightmon's Inherited Effect as well as Blastmon being Black, presumably Bagramon will be able to Evolve from either Black or Purple and a Bagra Army Deck will require running both Colours. Unless of course I'm completely off in assuming Bagramon is Purple. :unsure:

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah, Bagramon does not feel mechanical, trash, or mineral based to me so being a black card or a card that evolves from the color does feel weird to me as well but if DarkKnightmon decides to show up as a purple card then that can feel less weird. Either way I'll be fine with it as thematic color identities aren't a rule, just trends.
What really bugs me are trash digimon not being in purple. I just want my Numemons to play in the trash god dangit!

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but if DarkKnightmon decides to show up as a purple card then that can feel less weird.
We just saw it in the latest DigiCa and DarkKnightmon is full Black. :O

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah, Bagramon does not feel mechanical, trash, or mineral based to me so being a black card or a card that evolves from the color does feel weird to me as well but if DarkKnightmon decides to show up as a purple card then that can feel less weird. Either way I'll be fine with it as thematic color identities aren't a rule, just trends.
What really bugs me are trash digimon not being in purple. I just want my Numemons to play in the trash god dangit!

Just realized now... How could I overlooked this like that?!

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I understand why they might be in black, because black Digimon are made of inorganic things and waste is... kinda inorganic (but sludge and waste probably has tons of bacteria? I don't know).
But low DP trashmons (who I imagine want to be in the Trash) are the exact type of thing you would sacrifice which does not fit defensive black as well for me as it does purple. I dunno, just my pet peeve

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am so looking forwards for these cards, but more in particular for Bagramon potentially appearing soon. C'mon Bandai let the Bagra Emperor step in

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I understand why they might be in black, because black Digimon are made of inorganic things and waste is... kinda inorganic (but sludge and waste probably has tons of bacteria? I don't know).
But low DP trashmons (who I imagine want to be in the Trash) are the exact type of thing you would sacrifice which does not fit defensive black as well for me as it does purple. I dunno, just my pet peeve
In the case of Scumon, Mutant-type Digimon are also associated with Machine-type Digimon (Machine/Mutant-species in the Accel and DS games) and/or metal (i.e. AncientWisemon).

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the case of Scumon, Mutant-type Digimon are also associated with Machine-type Digimon (Machine/Mutant-species in the Accel and DS games) and/or metal (i.e. AncientWisemon).
Scumon's also got a long history of being Metal Empire. Raremon doesn't, it only officially got the title recently, but it's biomechanical, so those two make sense as Black, as would Platinumscumon and Goldnumemon if they get in.

A lot of the other jokes really depend. Numemon, maybe, but you'd never put Karatukinumemon in Black, Nanimon was put in black but I think that was more to lead into Volcamon in that set, it probably does fit better in Purple, and Vegimon/Zassoumon are definitely green, though I guess the latter in Purple works sort of.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Scumon's also got a long history of being Metal Empire. Raremon doesn't, it only officially got the title recently, but it's biomechanical, so those two make sense as Black, as would Platinumscumon and Goldnumemon if they get in.

A lot of the other jokes really depend. Numemon, maybe, but you'd never put Karatukinumemon in Black, Nanimon was put in black but I think that was more to lead into Volcamon in that set, it probably does fit better in Purple, and Vegimon/Zassoumon are definitely green, though I guess the latter in Purple works sort of.
Raremon doesn't actually have a Black card. It has a Purple card, probably due to being Undead-type.
Indeed, both Vegimon and Zassoumon have Green cards.
The only Numemon variant with a card is the base one, which is Black. KaratukiNumemon would be more suitable for Blue, but the other Numemon-species all fit more with Black (Black King, Gold, Platinum).

Nanimon was also Machine/Mutant-species (probably more-so for the Mutant half) in the DS games. Despite the name, it seems that Machine/Mutant isn't just Mutants (and Machines) in general, but more of a catch-all for any Mutants that didn't fit in another species (Starmon being Holy-species, and Iga/Kogamon being Insect/Plant-species). Of course, the Mamemons were Machine/Mutants.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm only just now realizing how super low both their DPs are for Lv.4s.
They look brutal in their arts when in reality they have the exact same DP amount as the Numemon šŸ„“