MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster10skullknightmonbigaxe_april23_2022.jpg
booster10darkknightmon_april23_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter. This time it's SkullKnightmon: Big Axe Mode & DarkKnightmon.

SkullKnightmon: Big Axe Mode features some nicely detailed artwork of the alternate formation for SkullKnightmon with a nice big weapon. DarkKnightmon features some nicely detailed cartoon style art, that feels like it fits in as an alternate perspective to battles in a few different Knightmon cards.

Previous previews for Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter:
Packaging, Shoutmon, Shoutmon x4, Taiki, & More
Dorulumon & Ballistamon
Pickmons & Starmons
Gaossmon & MailBirdramon
Troopmon & MadLeomon
Bosamon & Angoramon
SymbareAngoramon & Ruli
Breaclaw & Pyon Dump
Sanzomon
Venusmon & Healing Therapy
Tyutyumon & Damemon
Bunbun Fist
Magazine Previews- Sparrowmon, Shoutmon x5, Shoutmon x5B, Kiriha, Greymon, & MetalGreymon
Blucomon & Regalecusmon
Assaultmon & Cannondramon
Asuramon & PileVolcamon
Shoutmon x5 & Sparrowmon & DeckerGreymon Magazine Preview
V-Jump Previews
Minervamon
Monimon & Hi-VisionMonitamon
Coatlmon & Sandiramon
Golemon & Gogmamon

Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter will be out on May 27th.

We have clean card images from Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 11,169

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These guys are still fighting the Knightmons in their art!

SkullKnightmon: Big Axe Mode
Champion | Virus | Enhancement / Twilight
This card's name is also treated as being [SkullKnightmon] and [DeadlyAxemon].
[When Played] Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Add 1 card with [Knightmon] or [DeadlyAxemon] in its name or 1 card named [Nene Amano] from among the revealed cards to your hand. Trash the rest. Then, if you played this card by DigiFusing with 2 materials, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a Play Cost of 4 or less.
[DigiFuse -1]: [SkullKnightmon] x [DeadlyAxemon]
When playing this Digimon, you may place any of the cards named from your hand or Battle Area to the bottom of this Digimon's digivolution cards. Reduce the play cost by the stated amount for each card placed.

DarkKnightmon
Ultimate | Virus | Dark Knight / Twilight
[When Played] <De-Digivolve 1> one of your opponent's Digimon. Then, if you played this card by DigiFusing with 2 materials, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a Play cost of 5 or less.
Trash up to 1 card from the top of one of your opponent's Digimon. If it has no digivolution cards, or becomes a level 3 Digimon, you can't trash any more cards.
[All Turns] When this Digimon is deleted, you may return 1 of its black Lv.4 or lower digivolution cards to your hand to play 1 card named [SkullKnightmon] or [DeadlyAxemon] from this Digimon's digivolution cards without paying its memory cost.
[DigiFuse -2]: [SkullKnightmon] x [DeadlyAxemon]

Last edited:

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
LordKnightmon's pre evo vs Craniummon's pre evo. Nice artwork. The Big Axe Mode is also cool.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never noticed the DeadlyAxemon headpiece becoming part of Skullknightmon. It makes it feel more like a proper xros.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never noticed the DeadlyAxemon headpiece becoming part of Skullknightmon. It makes it feel more like a proper xros.
Same i as never fond of the various Skull knight modes cause i swore Deadly axe was just taking on various wepaon forms. That'd be like calling Shoutmon + Dorulu Cannon "Shoutmon Cannon mode" Which does sound cooler it isn't very creative or soething. But giving Skull knight soe extra pieces and not just a ne weapon definitely feels more like a new mode and less like + weapon

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Same i as never fond of the various Skull knight modes cause i swore Deadly axe was just taking on various wepaon forms. That'd be like calling Shoutmon + Dorulu Cannon "Shoutmon Cannon mode" Which does sound cooler it isn't very creative or soething. But giving Skull knight soe extra pieces and not just a ne weapon definitely feels more like a new mode and less like + weapon
Admittedly, I see the {{{Shout/MetalGrey}}}mon + {{{Insert Armamant Mode here}}} profiles to be for the Armamant Mode themselves as species that can be operated by anyone with Shoutmon/MetalGreymon only being depicted as the default operators because of Xros Wars itself.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So you can basically digifuse SkullKnightmon: Big Axe Mode with itself to create AxeKnightmon, which whilst it's one step more would give you an extra black lv4 to use the effect of AxeKnightmon with. I don't think you'd draw an extra card though since it's techincally not evolution

Going by digimon lore it could also be Duftmon's pre-evo vs Ophanimon's pre-evo.
What kind of lore are you talking about?
My guess is that in New Century, Katsuhiro's Knightmon evolved to Leopardmon, whilst the reboot has Gatomon become AxeKnightmon which I guess means it could potentinally evolve to Ophanimon maybe.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bit of general question about the card game: are you folks using any database to check the cards? I currently only use wikimon, but sometimes it won't be up to date, and lacks some more card-game oriented features.

Any proper db for the digimon card game itself?

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bit of general question about the card game: are you folks using any database to check the cards? I currently only use wikimon, but sometimes it won't be up to date, and lacks some more card-game oriented features.

Any proper db for the digimon card game itself?
You can use the Asian English card game site as that provides official translations and usually uses the names that will be used in the localised cards. Not always though as sometimes the names differ... which the Asian site then ninja edits to match the official localisation. E.g., it was using Omegamon and Taichi Yagami, then switched to Omnimon and Tai Kamiya when they came out but didn't have to change Gatomon.

if you prefer wikis theres a wiki specfically for the card game but they use fan translations, then swap to the exact wording used on the asian site when it adds its translations

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
honestly, Wikimon's translations are garbage and I also have no idea why they don't also upload photos of the English versions of the cards when we get them. You're an English wiki and the high quality images are right there.

I like to use digimoncard.dev when looking up cards. They stay very accurate and updated and have been around since day 1

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
honestly, Wikimon's translations are garbage and I also have no idea why they don't also upload photos of the English versions of the cards when we get them. You're an English wiki and the high quality images are right there.

I like to use digimoncard.dev when looking up cards. They stay very accurate and updated and have been around since day 1
I mean they use sub names, not dub names, so they wouldn't want to see cards saying Gatomon and Champion on them. They also refuse any official translations and prefer to use their own

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I have to disagree. Wikimon is excellent and they do an amazing job. I don’t think there is any need for them to upload the english cards. We can find those easily.

Digimoncard.dev is great too.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Muur @Bancho Thanks for the suggestions, I will check those.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to disagree. Wikimon is excellent and they do an amazing job. I don’t think there is any need for them to upload the english cards. We can find those easily.

I relooked at Wikimon card pages and they either got improved a lot since I looked at them a while back or I was remembering them as a lot worse than they were.
As for the not uploading the official images of localized cards, I can't defend not uploading very relevant images. There are situations where that matters to people who then need to needlessly leave the site

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I relooked at Wikimon card pages and they either got improved a lot since I looked at them a while back or I was remembering them as a lot worse than they were.
As for the not uploading the official images of localized cards, I can't defend not uploading very relevant images. There are situations where that matters to people who then need to needlessly leave the site
That's what the english dub wiki is for

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That's what the english dub wiki is for
Yes. And there's also a wiki fandom site for the new DCG specifically.