SkullGreymon & Titamon Parallel Preview for Booster Set 6

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds like Wikimon was just giving the domains of the gods they’re based on.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Found PicoDevimon... It's totally hid well under the effect text's purple box. lol this is more harder to find than Lalamon.

Yeah Ogremon beating SkullGreymon is pretty impossible to imagine. It's like Leomon defeating a Deva member and a Perfect level who got nerfed so hard to Adult level so... Yeah no idea

Maybe we need more information on SkullGreymon and the shark missile. Needs more reports... Agumon Hakase please give us more info

I'd imagine Marsmon, Venusmon and Minervamon fight together because they saw a gigantic destructive figure approaching so they had to jump out of their turfs lol?

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how Ogremon managed such a huge feat of defeating SkullGreymon?
I also really love the idea of Marsmon and Minervon working together. I'm not sure where Wikimon sourced the Olympos XII's domains from but it lists Marsmon's domain as war and Minervamon's domain as strategic warfare, so the idea of them fighting alongside eachother works very well, especially if it's anything like Gankoomon and Hackmon's relationship

Intelligent vs a real big dummy

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SkullGreymon has 3 different missile models.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The regular simple missile is Ground Zero. The heavily-modified semi-mechanical one in the card is Ground Zero Kai. Finally, Oblivion Bird is basically Ground Zero with added wing-fins.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I remember SkullGreymon twisted his neck then front arms twisted and piled down on the ground and launched the shark missile to the high air in that Card game PS1 which it striked me oddly to me as child playing it but I didn't think it is that real attack! NO wonder SkullGreymon's card got that attack.

So SkullGreymon doesn't have his own attacks but the shark missile got different functions to attack huh. Pretty interesting.

So Ground Zero is just aimless shot. Ground Zero Kai is equipped with tracking. And Oblivion Bird... Is speedy missile...? Or to increase the long distance...?

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh god, now I got myself caught up looking into how differentiated Digimon missile designs actually are. Seriously, despite appearing in the original V-pets as just a basic-ass metallic missile, MetalGreymon's Giga Destroyer, Andromon's Gattling Missile, Megadramon's Genocide Attack, and MetalTyranomon's Giga Destroyer II, as well as SkullGreymon's Ground Zero, all take on quite the interesting designs in artwork.

Yeah Ogremon beating SkullGreymon is pretty impossible to imagine. It's like Leomon defeating a Deva member and a Perfect level who got nerfed so hard to Adult level so... Yeah no idea
Yeah, an Adult beating a Perfect is far from unprecedented. Keep in mind, it is only a difference of one level (though I guess it'd help if the anime didn't occasionally portray this single level difference as being like DBZ villain power-scaling, being downright untouchable to the point that they won't even flinch from a direct hit to the face from one of the then-strongest characters).

As an aside, the idea of Ogremon warp-evolving upon beating a SkullGreymon does sound intriguing (and sounds way better than just sticking Digitamamon in between, though we do have Rebellimon now). I wouldn't mind such a thing implemented into a game mechanic somehow, along with other evolutions that take on traits from multiple Digimon but aren't explicitly a Jogress (Plesiomon to Aegisdramon, for instance, though I guess it was originally designed with the Story games' breeding system in mind).

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't think it is that real attack

That game was an official game, all those attacks are as real as any other attack from any other official Digimon product.

Yeah, an Adult beating a Perfect is far from unprecedented. Keep in mind, it is only a difference of one level (though I guess it'd help if the anime didn't occasionally portray this single level difference as being like DBZ villain power-scaling, being downright untouchable to the point that they won't even flinch from a direct hit to the face from one of the then-strongest characters).

It probably helps that the main weapon Ogremon would be using is literally something it ripped off of that Skullgreymon.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, an Adult beating a Perfect is far from unprecedented. Keep in mind, it is only a difference of one level.

As an aside, the idea of Ogremon warp-evolving upon beating a SkullGreymon does sound intriguing (and sounds way better than just sticking Digitamamon in between, though we do have Rebellimon now).
it's moreso Sarabande and I wondering how Ogremon pulled it off considering that SkullGreymon makes him look like an insect in size comparison and is made entirely of hard bone, we're not really talking about their levels. It's just impressive.
With Digitamamon I always imagined it as a sort of charge up phase where it lays dormant within a digitama of extreme amounts of data before emerging as a god-man kaiju, sort of like Belphemon Sleep Mode. The calm before the storm. Rebellimon has never felt like a good inbetween to Titamon for me as none of its physical traits match up to Titamon except for its horns and green skin

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I remember someone in another thread (might've been one of the Pendulum Z topics), pointing out the fact that the overabundance of new Ultimates being introduced pretty much caused the Perfects to bottleneck several evolution lines. I recall one example they pointed out in particular was Digitamamon just sorta being designated the "canon" Perfect to like 5 different Ultimates, a point I could really see. I mean, aside from Titamon (which only seems to have been done because Digitamamon's feet happen to be green), there's Devitamamon, Minervamon, maybe Bacchusmon (though it also has Piccolomon as a viable option), and it's also been acting as Belphemon's Perfect quite a bit because none of the recent games could include Astamon. Of those, only Devitamamon seems the most sensible. For all the others, there really is just a sense of "Well we had to use SOMETHING".

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how Ogremon managed such a huge feat of defeating SkullGreymon?
I also really love the idea of Marsmon and Minervon working together. I'm not sure where Wikimon sourced the Olympos XII's domains from but it lists Marsmon's domain as war and Minervamon's domain as strategic warfare, so the idea of them fighting alongside eachother works very well, especially if it's anything like Gankoomon and Hackmon's relationship
Mars is offensive war and Minerva is defensive war.

The warlike Romans valued conquest so Mars in their pantheon is an honorable warrior, sometimes also depicted as a child called Maris.

In Greek Myth Mars/Ares is a bloodthirsty monster that Zeus/Jupiter hasn't killed only because he's his son - but acknowledges that he's by far the greatest evil in the world and that he belongs in the depths of Hades with the Titans.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Greek Myth Mars/Ares is a bloodthirsty monster that Zeus/Jupiter hasn't killed only because he's his son - but acknowledges that he's by far the greatest evil in the world and that he belongs in the depths of Hades with the Titans.

In Greek Myth Ares is depicted as a cowardly idiot because he just so happened to be the patron god of Thrace (his son, Thrax, is credited as the founder of the city) and Athens fucking hated Thrace, and its all of Athens' legends that we have because they wrote them down. So it's probably not surprising that he's usually getting shit on thanks to Athena, patron god of Athens.

(This is, of course, something the Romans didn't do, so Mars and Minerva syncretized the two into somewhat different forms... but Digimon barely cares about what the Romans thought of the gods anyway, so it's not that relevant)

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That game was an official game, all those attacks are as real as any other attack from any other official Digimon product.

Well most third attacks made me doubtful if they are real even this is official game. Pinocchimon's "Lie" so he lied to Takeru in Adventure 01? And the most games have the first and the second attacks used for any Digimon but what about their third attacks? Nope... I can think of nothing. I wonder if Digimon game 2020 will introduce some 3rd attacks?

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well most third attacks made me doubtful if they are real even this is official game. Pinocchimon's "Lie" so he lied to Takeru in Adventure 01? And the most games have the first and the second attacks used for any Digimon but what about their third attacks? Nope... I can think of nothing. I wonder if Digimon game 2020 will introduce some 3rd attacks?
I always figured that, true to its namesake, Pinocchimon's Lie causes its nose to extend, which could probably be used to jab the opponent (in fact, I think Pinocchimon did just that against MetalEtemon in the anime). Digital Card Arena also has the Bigger Liar attack, in which the lies seem to take on a physical form (either that, or the animation is representing either a soundwave-type attack or a mental attack).

And yeah, the PS1 card games had to pretty much make up 3rd attacks. The real life card game that they mostly take after made it standard for the very basic action of "guard" to be each Digimon's third "attack". Though if the fighting games are any indication, it shouldn't be that difficult to come up with some lesser attacks based on that Digimon's known capabilities (hell, a lot of Digimon's second attacks are just a basic punch or swipe, only really made notable because they were given some sort of official name, and often times just a name that came up in the card game because the profile didn't even deem a second attack to be worth a mention). And let's not even get into the inherited skills that are found in almost every video game.

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m just going to point out Ogremon > BlackWereGarurumon > Minervamon was in Lost Evolution, so Titamon might not have evolved from Ogremon :p