Sistermon Ciel Preview for English Starter Deck 12- Replaces Noir

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But which countries are we even talking about? Because if we're talking about the same countries where Bayonetta can be sold, I don't see what problem they could have with Noir.
Bad counter argument mate, not only is Bayonetta rated M as opposed to T like Cyber Sleuth and by extension Hacker’s Memory but I can guarantee you that Bayonetta would have absolutely been banned and likely drawn the ire of moral guardians if it had been made in the 90s assuming the outrage of said moral guardians didn’t get it shut down on the spot.
You call my counter argument bad, and yet you keep bringing up the way Nintendo acted....... 30 years ago.

McRanter

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird, I thought the reason for the switch was because Noir, a very preteen-human-shaped digimon, is pretty clearly wielding guns and might be a bad influence to severely impressionable kids? Sure, they could argue that digimon like Beelzemon or the forgettable wild west sheriff digimon from season 2 are clearly not as human-shaped, but that is not as a believable excuse for Noir...

Which is a dang shame, btw, because GUN-WIELDING NUNS ARE AWESOME

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You call my counter argument bad, and yet you keep bringing up the way Nintendo acted....... 30 years ago.
I brought up Nintendo literally all of once to make a point, Bayonetta would have been banned regardless of system it was on, and I noticed you failed to address the rating difference i.e. the reason why your argument was garbage.

There's also the little matter that moral guardians? They're still fucking around! They are far from gone, I assure you.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird, I thought the reason for the switch was because Noir, a very preteen-human-shaped digimon, is pretty clearly wielding guns and might be a bad influence to severely impressionable kids? Sure, they could argue that digimon like Beelzemon or the forgettable wild west sheriff digimon from season 2 are clearly not as human-shaped, but that is not as a believable excuse for Noir...

Ciel still wields guns in the localized versions of Cyber Sleuth.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

What pre teens do you know because they sure don't usually look like Noir

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love both versions. Sword and guns wielding nuns. If only there are more new Sistermons come with colorful recolors.
It made me wonder if Sistermon Ciel might be somewhat certain reference to Kill Bill while Noir is clearly normal for a gun-karate nun and Bayonetta digimon obviously is BelleStarrmon.

VamAngemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Censorship, be for any reason whatsoever, is a NO NO in my book (unless we're speaking hate speech but that's not the case at all).

lemoncatpower

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be nice if their awaken forms get retconned into being a stage higher than their normal forms

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be nice if their awaken forms get retconned into being a stage higher than their normal forms
Nah. The levels are fine. They're kinda like Lucemon in this way, way more powerful than their level might suggest at a glance (and really, it's kinda fitting that they're "awakened", implying they've managed to obtain this degree of power despite their current evolutionary stage).

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean Habu mentioned the decision was out of his hands. So someone above even Habu made the choice. They just managed to create Ciel to at least not have the entire thing deleted forever, like how they were able to create Citramon as well.