MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
starter12ENsistermonciel_september11_2022.jpg
starter12sistermonnoir_march21_2022.jpg

As expected, the upcoming English release of Digimon Card Game Starter Deck 12 Jesmon will be swapping Sistermon Noir with an identically specced card for Sistermon Ciel.

The Sistermon Ciel card features new artwork by Teppei Tadokoro, who did the artwork for the Noir card.

The English version of Digimon Card Game Starter Deck 12 Jesmon is out October 14th.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 10,550

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that it's by the same artist makes me wonder if they had him do it in advance, especially as it looks like the two ladies might be in the same area of the Digital World. :unsure:

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that it's by the same artist makes me wonder if they had him do it in advance, especially as it looks like the two ladies might be in the same area of the Digital World. :unsure:
Most likely, it's not like they were planning to have this card stay Noir in the English release at any point.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sucks we can't have Noir but I own the Japanese cards of Noir anyway so it's whatever I guess.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is no surprise ... the real surprise would be if they swapped ciel out for noir in which booster was it? The one that gave Japan their first ciel card ( well other than the fact that all noirs count as ciels and all ciels count as noirs, which is funny when we dont have noir lol)
Also cant wait for people to start asking where starter deck 11 is... since we are jumping from 10 to 12 it seems

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is ceils lore the same as noir? because hackmon is absent in ceils card

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is ceils lore the same as noir? because hackmon is absent in ceils card
No, Ciel travels the Digital World on her own to find things that Gankoomon should go deal with then tells him about them so he, and Jesmon and maybe some other Royal Knights if they feel like it I guess, can go and deal with said problems. So like maybe she sees an evil Digimon who enslaved or town or something so she tells them about it so they can kill that evil Digimon.

Profile also mentions shes a popular Digimon so I guess those ones around her are her fans.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I genuinely don't understand why they do this?
Same here. Like, do they honestly believe that they're actually hiding anything (especially in this day and age)? And given that Ciel's now appearing in the Japanese card game, they're only gonna leave some fans knowing they got an inferior version that has one less Digimon because of some, frankly, pretty dumb reasons (a Digimon that is featured on their official rulings anyways..... which kinda defeats the purpose of trying to erase her from public knowledge in the first place).

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Same here. Like, do they honestly believe that they're actually hiding anything (especially in this day and age)? And given that Ciel's now appearing in the Japanese card game, they're only gonna leave some fans knowing they got an inferior version that has one less Digimon because of some, frankly, pretty dumb reasons (a Digimon that is featured on their official rulings anyways..... which kinda defeats the purpose of trying to erase her from public knowledge in the first place).
I honestly thinks it some weird marketing tactic to get people to buy both arts of her.

Nagatem

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly thinks it some weird marketing tactic to get people to buy both arts of her.
Nope they just think the west will be offended by her, which is really dumb considering we have Lucemon and many other demons and angels, but a nun with guns is crossing the line

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The ironic thing is that this whole Sistermon controversy began with Hacker's Memory..... the game that was supposed to be targeted towards "mature" audiences. Bandai Namco, word of advice: if you're worried about how some people would react to the depiction of a nun, those people are the exact opposite of "mature"..... though sadly, this is a problem that seems to plague gaming in general. I'll just end it there, but frankly, I could go on all day about the absurdity of localizers who tone down content in order to appease, not parents, but whiny armchair activists who never buy their games in the first place.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ciel is better. We should censor Blanc into a better digimon too

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope they just think the west will be offended by her, which is really dumb considering we have Lucemon and many other demons and angels, but a nun with guns is crossing the line
Here’s the thing, people historically have taken more offense to the use of real life religious iconography, including depictions of nuns, than the more mythological elements of Christianity.

And @Yamato-san, the fact that these people are not buying these in the first place means little when can have a game outright BANNED in a given country and yes there is a historic precedent for this.

There was a reason Nintendo outright banned religious iconography in localized games for their systems during the 90s.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is pretty funny we have to do this for the West/US for reasons that may not make sense to what you might call "Us normals" but hey, at least we have a great new character from it. Like the Citramon thing but maybe a different level. Nice cards though.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is pretty funny we have to do this for the West/US for reasons that may not make sense to what you might call "Us normals" but hey, at least we have a great new character from it. Like the Citramon thing but maybe a different level. Nice cards though.
I still want Citramon to be an actual digimon. We need a whole fruit themed failure digimon line. Etemon in a banana suit, anyone?

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And @Yamato-san, the fact that these people are not buying these in the first place means little when can have a game outright BANNED in a given country and yes there is a historic precedent for this.

There was a reason Nintendo outright banned religious iconography in localized games for their systems during the 90s.
But which countries are we even talking about? Because if we're talking about the same countries where Bayonetta can be sold, I don't see what problem they could have with Noir.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But which countries are we even talking about? Because if we're talking about the same countries where Bayonetta can be sold, I don't see what problem they could have with Noir.
Bad counter argument mate, not only is Bayonetta rated M as opposed to T like Cyber Sleuth and by extension Hacker’s Memory but I can guarantee you that Bayonetta would have absolutely been banned and likely drawn the ire of moral guardians if it had been made in the 90s assuming the outrage of said moral guardians didn’t get it shut down on the spot.