MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another interview!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Gaming website Siliconera has posted a new interview with Digimon games producer Kazumasa Habu, this time about Digimon Survive.

You can read the full interview there, and sometime in the future we'll add it here to archive it.

The interview focuses on Digimon Survive. The early chunks of the interview goes over elements of Survive we already knew, but in a bit more detail, and we also get some new background details of the game as the interview goes on. (Along with one or two bits, including an important one, that suggest Habu is remembering conversations he's had with Kakudou rather than Adventure itself.)

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That interview was very interesting i always wonder why the background for digimon was different in some series i just thought it was just because for the story but it's because some of the creators have a different interpretation of what a Digimon is very deep imo can't wait to see what Survive will add to the table for Digimon lore i do hope we get dlc for the game.

I also love how Labramon and Falcomon have a meaning for why they were picked reflecting their partners personalities I'm curious how Kunemon reflects his partners personalities since unlike pretty much everyone they don't seem to have a nice start.

Overall I'm more interested in the game and can't wait to see the full roster i just hope a few fan favorites will be in the game.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Character DEATHS! And Digimon evolution routes reflect to their human partners' growth in character development! But I wonder if "neutral side" exists in the choice option of dialogue for and involved in evo routes or not? Karma points are interesting for manipulating it to evolve. Surprised humans will adjust their personalities or mindsets depending on their adventures to advance.

I wonder if Digimon being misunderstood as "youkai" because of this settings, does it mean there'll be Archnemon and Candmon? Haha

Ravel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That interview was very interesting i always wonder why the background for digimon was different in some series i just thought it was just because for the story but it's because some of the creators have a different interpretation of what a Digimon is very deep imo can't wait to see what Survive will add to the table for Digimon lore i do hope we get dlc for the game.
It's an effect of Digimon in its early days having too little content in its setting to the point that people who work with Digimon say that in the beginning, it couldn't even be possible to say that there was a story (This is a point that surprised the WiZ team when they saw that someone wanted to do an anime about Digimon, which until then didn't really have a story. And in fact this detail scared people when working with Digimon because nobody knew how to create a story with so little content).

So at that time, as there were few things defined, after all, the decision to create a more detailed setting only came as a requirement of Shueishia for Digimon to continue to have pages in its magazines, so the WiZ team gave great creative freedom to the people who would work with the franchise in other media. In some cases they just improved on the established scenario, as in V-Tamer, but in the case of Anime Digimon Adventure, this was Kakudou's opportunity to create "his special work" that he felt would be interesting when trying to answer the question "What is evolution for a Digimon ?", and somehow he came to the conclusion that led to the scenario we are seeing being addressed in Digimon Survive.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another interesting interview! the intimacy points makes me hopeful of some dating elements lol

and dang it sounds like our choices matter even more than I realised, interesting.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm actually kind of interested now.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That part about Aoi being unreliable is a ouch to the heart. They previously said about how she cooks for the cast, and helps to secure their base and stuff so she's trying her best </3 I guess if some evil Digimon break in, it'll be her fault due to being unreliable

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m so curious about what evolutions will be available based on decisions made in the story. The idea of evolving Agumon into all kinds of interesting forms is very appealing to me.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m so curious about what evolutions will be available based on decisions made in the story. The idea of evolving Agumon into all kinds of interesting forms is very appealing to me.
For Agumon my money is on Greymon, GeoGreymon, and Tyranomon. At least I really hope Tyranomon is a thing given it was originally designed to be Agumon’s canon Adult form and I super prefer it to all the Greymon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For Agumon my money is on Greymon, GeoGreymon, and Tyranomon. At least I really hope Tyranomon is a thing given it was originally designed to be Agumon’s canon Adult form and I super prefer it to all the Greymon.
I personally find that really unlikely. I can't see them going generic like that. Three dinosaurs isn't really interesting at all. If they go a route like this, then Greymon (already confirmed), some sort of evi Digimon probably (Virus), and then maybe like... a flying digimon for data or something? I really don't see the doing three of the same thing though... kinda would make story routes boring if Agumon has three dinos, labramon has three dogs and so forth.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That part about Aoi being unreliable is a ouch to the heart. They previously said about how she cooks for the cast, and helps to secure their base and stuff so she's trying her best </3 I guess if some evil Digimon break in, it'll be her fault due to being unreliable
Yeah it surprised me this mere comment enough to make her look so bad... But at least she is good at cooking. If only she can... Weaponize this.

I cannot tell what kind of personality Kunemon have and to match/reflect to that... "tamer". But probably "coward" trait is something they have in common? But knowing Kunemon being that Insect type and its evo is full of Insect types who are known to obsessed over fighting to death...

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this makes me curious as to what fantasy creatures species like Commandramon or Mamemon were.
If anything happens to Minoru, I might cry hard

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About to read the interview, but in terms of evolution for Agumon, I expect Greymon (well, we already know this is confirmed lol), Meramon, maybe Ogremon, and then a much darker route like Devimon.

Meramon and Ogremon sort of work on different ends of a neutral route imo. Meramon being Data is sort of a more naive or innocent route (like the purity and destructive natures of a fire). Ogremon would be for a neutral route that isn’t a completely bad route, where the protagonist continues to make mistakes.

Greymon and Devimon are of course the good and bad route representatives, respectively. I wonder if there’ll end up being second route exclusive forms, like GeoGreymon and Wizarmon or something, but I’m sticking to just assuming we’ll see four Adult forms at max for Agumon. We’ll probably see three for the rest I think.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While the way they state things in the interview is great, I will contain any excitement regarding the evolution paths concept when all we've seen so far is falcomon turning into metalgreymon... Not the most promising element! I still love the general aesthetic, gameplay and story-driven aspects, I hope we get to see more of everything though, we only have seen so little for a release that is so close! Is that usual for digimon games?

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah something doesn't match up. Falcomon evolved to MetalGreymon. But it could be unlocked evolutions. I mean let's say if you made some bad choices affected Karma points to unlock a certain evo slot for Agumon then unlocked it so all other partners can evolve into that but if Agumon gets separated from his human partner, that evo slot will not be used maybe? Hmm I dunno

It's strange, it's really slow to release some info while the release date is approaching from just few months left... Oh well it's good thing?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think Falcomon to MetalGreymon will actually happen in game, I'm assuming they just wanted to show digivolution and had limited options that early whilst also not wanting to spoil falcomons real digivolution.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetalGreymon might have been a placeholder or maybe it was a character swap and not a digivolution