Shoutmon's microphone?

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really hear a resemblance (at least not to Shoutmon's original voice), but whatever.
I don't know about you man. But I do hear a small resemblance. At least when I compare their screams. But other that I think that microphone without being used as a melee weapon and more as a sound weapon is far deadlier. Like at around 17,000 Hertz of around the human aduible range it'd probably get deadly.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But other that I think that microphone without being used as a melee weapon and more as a sound weapon is far deadlier.
Could be, though there's no evidence the mic has that capability. Shoutmon doesn't have any sound-based attacks of the Big Bang Voice variety.

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But other that I think that microphone without being used as a melee weapon and more as a sound weapon is far deadlier.
Could be, though there's no evidence the mic has that capability. Shoutmon doesn't have any sound-based attacks of the Big Bang Voice variety.
Unless you count fusion with Ballistamon

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A big question that's boggled my mind for a while. Why does Shoutmon have a microphone? What's its real purpose an need for it other than being the current king and maybe making a grand speech that maybe der Fuhrer level of charisma and power. Besides and effective weapon, a good headcannon I made up was that Shoutmon is in a heavy metal band and his vocals are so powerful that it supersedes the great metal god Halford himself. But as much as I wish it were true, it probably wouldn't happen. So do you have any idea of why he needs a microphone like that or what would be the point of it?

Most of the Xros Heart Digimon and a lot of the other Digimon in Xros Wars have a musical motif. Pickmon is a guitar pick, Starmon is a superstar, Ballistamon is a huge speaker, Shoutmon is the lead singer, I have no idea about Dorulumon but he had headphone like things. Even Greymon and Cutemon headphones. Dondokomon is a drum. Sparrowmon has a bunch of speakers. Etc. The Xros Loader is literally a microphone too. The out of universe reason for this motif was because the Xros Loader has a gimmick that it takes any sound or music and turns it into a Digimon. Each week at the end of an episode they'd play a tune that gave you a Digimon. It was all just to tie into the toys, but it was pretty cool.

I love giving Etemon the Xros Loader decoration in Re:Digitize for this reason.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really? That's pretty cool. Never really thought of it like that. Pretty impressive too.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh also Shoutmon's microphone is literally the head on the combined Shoutmon, so if he ever lost it his combined form would have no head, lol.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And all this time I thought that Shoutmon x3's head design was just referencing Omegamon. Thanks for dropping that knowledge bomb.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weapon. Although since he loves to sing so much, he needs to be heard by all!