Shoutmon's microphone?

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A big question that's boggled my mind for a while. Why does Shoutmon have a microphone? What's its real purpose an need for it other than being the current king and maybe making a grand speech that maybe der Fuhrer level of charisma and power. Besides and effective weapon, a good headcannon I made up was that Shoutmon is in a heavy metal band and his vocals are so powerful that it supersedes the great metal god Halford himself. But as much as I wish it were true, it probably wouldn't happen. So do you have any idea of why he needs a microphone like that or what would be the point of it?

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Going by its profile, the purpose is both the obvious (that Shoutmon can sing into it) and to be a close-combat weapon. Thirdly, he needs it to live (apparently). Fourthly, he can do that 'dropping the mike' thing before walking away if he wants to.

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Going by its profile, the purpose is both the obvious (that Shoutmon can sing into it) and to be a close-combat weapon. Thirdly, he needs it to live (apparently). Fourthly, he can do that 'dropping the mike' thing before walking away if he wants to.
Sounds reasonable. But I'm also wondering what's Shoutmon's vocal range and if humans can even listen the sound without their ear drums bleeding. I would guess an extremely high tenor.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds reasonable. But I'm also wondering what's Shoutmon's vocal range and if humans can even listen the sound without their ear drums bleeding. I would guess an extremely high tenor.
Probably within the vocal ranges of Chika Sakamoto and Ben Diskin. :p

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
duh, obviously he is a background singer in Etemons band
nuh uh!:D He's in a heavy metal band. A band called "berserker" His vocals are so powerful, I think he'd hit tenor in a 5 octave range compared to rob halfords 4. He might even be able to hit soprano.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nuh uh!:D He's in a heavy metal band. A band called "berserker" His vocals are so powerful, I think he'd hit tenor in a 5 octave range compared to rob halfords 4. He might even be able to hit soprano.
well duh-uh, it´s MetalEtemons band

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's purpose is that he uses it as a weapon, his soul crusher and rowdy rocker attack both draw power from the microphone. I've also seen him smack the shit out of other Digimon with it.

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well duh-uh, it´s MetalEtemons band
he becomes so good that he DEICIDEs to start his own projects because fuck etemon. The new name is "fuck your Yankee blue jeans". Helpfully someone got the Clerk's reference. But anyway his voice is so powerful that etemon is willing in his non existant boots.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure an Ultimate-level singer would have the more powerful voice. Also note that, unlike Shoutmon, Etemon and MetalEtemon have music-based attacks.

Edit: Come to think of it, we know Shoutmon's band. It's called Xross Heart, and it performs J-pop in the final chapter of the Xros Wars manga.

Last edited:

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure an Ultimate-level singer would have the more powerful voice. Also note that, unlike Shoutmon, Etemon and MetalEtemon have music-based attacks.

Edit: Come to think of it, we know Shoutmon's band. It's called Xross Heart, and it performs J-pop in the final chapter of the Xros Wars manga.
should we go by the manga or the anime based on this info? Or accept it as canon that he went j pop on us?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think it matters much. It's kind of a silly topic anyway. We know Shoutmon likes rock and roll, the sounds of nature, and Wada Koji's "Butterfly." Probably he (or rather the species) likes all kinds of music.

breaker335

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon doesn't really sing, more screams into the mic. I mean his name is "Shout"mon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that would make him perfect for metal, wouldn't it? Anyway, the profile mentions singing, and we see Shoutmon sing in the manga.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's to bad we never got to see Shoutmon sing in the anime, I've would've like to have seen Shoutmon try to awaken Taiki with his singing after he has one of his hottokenai moments and collapses. Or would've like to have seen an episode similar to the one in Adventure where they're trying to awaken ShogunGekomon and Shoutmon has to sing to wake him up or episode involving Nene not being able to sing and Shoutmon's her replacement. XD!

RestInPain

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that would make him perfect for metal, wouldn't it? Anyway, the profile mentions singing, and we see Shoutmon sing in the manga.
His screams actually reminds me of Chuck Schuldiner of Death. The screams sound similar if you listen to em closely
Sounds similar no?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really hear a resemblance (at least not to Shoutmon's original voice), but whatever.