I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ha ha ha, butt face

Psihopatul

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really got to stop eating and drinking while doing anything else. The art in this one is amazing.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally, I'm fine if they don't recognize X6 in the future. It disrupts the trend with all of the other main-numbered Shoutmon Xroses, because it's a form that relies on removing components (in this case, Sparrowmon), rather than adding components.
Except that X6 doesn't remove components. They simply digixros without Sparrowmon.

Or theoretically X6 can remove components (in this case Sparrowmon, from X7 form) and we can see it like MagnaGarurumon detached.

we know it looks like X7's face.
I mean it could be the color difference in some parts or something. Like it could be the same face like X7 but in silver color instead of gold. Silver from Pickmon's color.

It's a guess anyway. I'd love it if they give X6 a slightly different look but in the manga there are only three Pickmon and all of them form the ring. The only component "missing" in X6 is Starmon's sunglasses.
Actually the ring alone makes X6 different but still.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except that X6 doesn't remove components. They simply digixros without Sparrowmon.
Again, that breaks the trend of each succeeding main-numbered Xros adding components onto the preceding Xros. You would have to remove Sparrowmon if you want to progress from X5 to X6.

If using a different combination that excludes Sparrowmon results in a new Xros, then based on similar cases like X3GM, it should be called X4(letters) instead; maybe even a new naming scheme, similar to EX6 (which excludes Starmons from the Xros) and DX (which excludes everything but Shoutmon, Greymon, and MailBirdramon). X6 just sticks out like a sore thumb as it is.

Last edited:

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If using a different combination that excludes Sparrowmon results in a new Xros, then based on similar cases, it should be called X4(letters) instead; maybe even a new naming scheme, similar to EX6 (which excludes Starmons from the Xros) and DX (which excludes everything but Shoutmon, Greymon, and MailBirdramon). X6 just sticks out like a sore thumb as it is.
It shouldn't because we know the main components of Shoutmon X2 to X7 are the seven digimon (we consider Starmons as one).

The X(numbers)(letters) names are the forms when we have additional parts from other digimon that are not those seven digimon.

Yes we cannot progress from X5 to X6 directly without removing Sparrowmon. But I think that's the point of the mecha concept of it. We can say X6 is a conditional form when they have no Sparrowmon around. As in the manga is one of the cases.
It also tells us that in Xros Wars universe, Taiki and Kiriha's digimon can form a digixros without Nene's. That's the mecha/megazord vibe. And that is why we get X6 in the manga.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It shouldn't because we know the main components of Shoutmon X2 to X7 are the seven digimon (we consider Starmons as one).

The X(numbers)(letters) names are the forms when we have additional parts from other digimon that are not those seven digimon.
That's contradicted by Shoutmon DX (who uses 3 of the main 7 Digimon), Shoutmon X3GM (who uses 5 of the main 7 Digimon), and the aforementioned Shoutmon EX6 (considering X7, they don't necessarily distinguish a component from its Super-Evolved form).

Technically all those weapon-enhanced Xroses too (Dorulu Cannon, Star Sword, Jet Sparrow) qualify as X2-equivalent Xroses.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's contradicted by Shoutmon DX (who uses 3 of the main 7 Digimon), Shoutmon X3GM (who uses 5 of the main 7 Digimon), and the aforementioned Shoutmon EX6 (considering X7, they don't necessarily distinguish a component from its Super-Evolved form).

Technically all those weapon-enhanced Xroses too (Dorulu Cannon, Star Sword, Jet Sparrow) qualify as X2-equivalent Xroses.
The seven digimon are Shoutmon or OmegaShoutmon, Ballistamon, Dorulumon, Starmons, Sparrowmon, ZekeGreymon.

Why Shoutmon is exceptional in this and his evolution counts and not ZekeGreymon's preevolutions as in Shoutmon X3GM? It's simply because he is the pilot of it and the main character of the story, I would say. Or it could be because X3GM just looks different? Of course we will think about X2 but he still has that mecha robot vibe.
If we line every forms from X3 to X7 up, we can see the "progress."

About Shoutmon DX, he already has a special name because they cannot name him as Shoutmon X3 2.0.
DX is basically the Omegamon of the series.
The name is DX and not EX3 because technically, from EX6 case, the EX3 should be OmegaShoutmon x AtlurBallistamon x JaegerDorulumon.

The weapon-enhanced forms are different cases.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s so weird that it feels like they put more effort into the villains than the heroes.
I wonder if it was intentional but poorly executed, instead.

Like, the whole thing about Xros Wars (team) is that they are a group of digimon who are all very different and unique, but work together nonetheless. The "crossed hearts" theme they have. So the design ends up looking more cluttered as each new teammate joins, because they are adding to the design with this concept, and visually look less uniform.

Meanwhile DarkKnightmon's driving Digixros unit is SkullKnightmon, who is selfish and does not like or care for people who think and want things that don't progress his own goals. He also created the Dark Loader, which allows him to force digimon to DigiXros. His "brother" DeadlyAxemon seems to merely act as a pawn and underling than an equal. So DarkKnightmon gets a more uniform design. With colors and shapes matching and everything.

I think the dub actually misses the point there by making the name AxeKnightmon when if anything DeadlyAxemon is completely subsumed by SkullKnightmon in this Digixros.

Another possibility is the order in which each was designed: maybe Darkknightmon had it's design conceived first, more or less. Which is why the design feels so concise and uniform, even when we see him Digixrosing with other digimon. While the heroes got conceived mostly as individuals first and then the Digixros was thought about. It would also explain why anything beyond X4 tends to get cluttered and weird.

X4S is actually an unusual case in which they went for a much more jogress-esque design. Knightmon and Pawnchessmon don't become a leg, or an arm, or a weapon. It's traits are expressed in the overall design, instead.

Basically it was canceled before they even got to the Digimon that people were actually interested in engineering wise (Biyomon > Garudamon, Palmon > Lillymon and Gomamon > Zudomon).
Ah, that's a shame. I wonder what designs they would come up with to avoid shellformers.

Ragnalord

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He looks like a dundam here, nice

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like, the whole thing about Xros Wars (team) is that they are a group of digimon who are all very different and unique, but work together nonetheless. The "crossed hearts" theme they have. So the design ends up looking more cluttered as each new teammate joins, because they are adding to the design with this concept, and visually look less uniform.
If I had been in charge of the project I definitely would have given Shoutmon a champion-esque stage to serve as the base for his forms. Despite Shoutmon supposedly being the base he just ends up swallowed by kibble the longer the series went on - most of which was Dorurumon.

They tried to eventually course correct this with OmegaShoutmon but by then it was too late to salvage anything.

Alternatively they could’ve just made Dorurumon the protagonist given that the Rival had Greymon - would’ve fit fine and calling all of the forms “Dorurumon X” makes a lot more sense with the designs they ended up with.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@e105zeta I don't disagree that Dorulumon is the most prominent component due to his legs having a flamboyant pattern and those legs being unaltered in most forms (only Shoutmon X4B and X5B come to mind for me at the moment) but Shoutmon is the "head" of the mecha which is usually the leadship seat

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon is also essentially the pilot as implied by Shoutmon X2.

The seven digimon are Shoutmon or OmegaShoutmon, Ballistamon, Dorulumon, Starmons, Sparrowmon, ZekeGreymon.

Why Shoutmon is exceptional in this and his evolution counts and not ZekeGreymon's preevolutions as in Shoutmon X3GM? It's simply because he is the pilot of it and the main character of the story, I would say. Or it could be because X3GM just looks different? Of course we will think about X2 but he still has that mecha robot vibe.
If we line every forms from X3 to X7 up, we can see the "progress."

About Shoutmon DX, he already has a special name because they cannot name him as Shoutmon X3 2.0.
DX is basically the Omegamon of the series.
The name is DX and not EX3 because technically, from EX6 case, the EX3 should be OmegaShoutmon x AtlurBallistamon x JaegerDorulumon.

The weapon-enhanced forms are different cases.
It's worth noting that unlike OmegaShoutmon, ZeigGreymon digivolves from a Digixrose; which in Xros Wars is not treated as being a single Digimon unto itself but rather as an aggregate of multiple Digimon together.

There may be one dominate consciousness as we saw with the Shoutmon mechs and especially DarkKnightmon but the other component Digimon are entirely conscious and can talk while DigiXrossed as demonstrated by MetalGreymon in the manga.

Admittedly MetalGreymon having two heads is partially why both components are more open to speaking independently, despite their Digicores presumably merging into a single one like any other stable Fusion, than say DeadlyAxemon when he and SkullKnightmon are DarkKnightmon.

Regardless, it wouldn't be hard to believe that both Greymon and MailBirdramon's consciousnesses are present within ZeigGreymon meaning that ZeigGreymon would count as two DigiXrose Units (Greymon and MailBirdramon) rather than one (ZeigGreymon as an single Digimon).

Last edited: