Shoutmon + Star Sword Preview for Booster Set 11

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster11shoutmonstarsword_september10_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase. This time it's Shoutmon + Star Sword.

Shoutmon + Star Sword features the xros form of Shoutmon using the Star Sword, and it gives him a good action pose.

Previous previews for Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase:

Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase is out September 30th, 2022.

We have early details for Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase.

We have early details for Starter Deck 14 Advanced Deck Beelzebumon.

We have early details for Booster Set 12 Across Time.

We have clean card images from Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar and Survive, DC-1, Memorial, Battle Pack 13, Illustration, & Espimon Promo Cards.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2
Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11
Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter, plus Battle Pack 12, Special Promo Pack 2022 v2, & Evolution Cup Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 8,291

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon + Star Sword
Rookie | Data | Enhancement / Xros Heart
This card/Digimon is also treated as being named [Shoutmon] and [Starmons].
[Material Save 1]
[On Play] 1 of your opponent's Digimon gets -3000 DP until the end of your opponent's next turn. Then, if you played this card by DigiXrosing 2 cards, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with 2000 DP or less.
[DigiXros -1 [Shoutmon] X [Starmons]]

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Things like this being its own mon is always meh. It'd be easier and better to just have Shoutmon with the ability to summon the sword like ShineGreymon can do with the GeoGrey Sword. imagine ShineGreymon + GeoGrey Sword was a separate Digimon lmao

Free evo on a red Rookie is interesting at least

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As nice to see the side forms getting some love, I'd rather Weapon Digixroses like the Star Sword not be exclusively forms for Shoutmon and MetalGreymon.

Hydranoid413

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
another one like the new Shoutmon DX where you’ve got to remember the two colours it evolves from aren’t the same level

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon and Starmon 2010 are both rookies though.

I figure they didn't want a Level 3 to only be able to evolve from other Level 3s.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Things like this being its own mon is always meh. It'd be easier and better to just have Shoutmon with the ability to summon the sword like ShineGreymon can do with the GeoGrey Sword. imagine ShineGreymon + GeoGrey Sword was a separate Digimon lmao

Free evo on a red Rookie is interesting at least
the example you use isn't great because this is still a fusion of multiple digimon whereas the GeoGrey Sword is an item and not a lifeform but I do fully agree that that it's odd Shoutmon specifically holding it is in the reference book but not any entries for the Star Sword, Rare Star Sword, and Star Axe as any other digimon who exist have nothing stopping it from wielding those Digixros weapons (another difference from GeoGrey Sword but a difference in our argument's favor).
I personally would have made the reference book entries be for the Star Sword, Rare Star Sword, and Star Axe and left it at that. I also would have named "Shoutmon x2" after Ballistamon instead of Shoutmon and "Shoutmon + Dorulu Cannon" simply Dorulu Cannon with Shoutmon just being the example digimon to keep things open ended as both those profiles outright state the utilization of the x2 and Dorulu Cannon forms aren't for Shoutmon specifically, he's just the only character we've seen utilize them.
Also, it would have been awesome if the card game let me equip a Star Sword or Dorulu Cannon to any digimon. That's just fun.

I've personally got Starmon + Pickmons twice now in random partner generators so of course I've imagined myself going full Zenjirou. It seems like nitpicking as everybody knows the Star Sword exists without Shoutmon but my human perfectionalism doesn't like that according to the reference book in a vaccuum, my Starmons can't Star Sword without a Shoutmon so I can't Zenjirou :(

Last edited:

Mr_Web

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Xros War's digimon scaling was so weird. I always hated how all of the Shoutmon forms, especially this one, were just Shoutmon. I wish we got normal names. BallisticShoutmon for Shoutmon x2 would've been a nice name. Shoutmon x3 and Shoutmon x4 were also super weird. Same issue with Shoutmon + Star Sword. Is giving a digimon a weapon enough to make it a new digimon? That weapon might be made of digimon but humans can and have used those types of weapons too. Would that count as a """"Biomerge"""" because if the Digimon Xros Wars weapons are important enough to turn digimon into a different digimon by just using it? It never made sense to me and just seemed like a way to sell more toys, which to be fair was the point of Xros Wars.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the example you use isn't great because this is still a fusion of multiple digimon whereas the GeoGrey Sword is an item and not a lifeform but I do fully agree that that it's odd Shoutmon specifically holding it is in the reference book but not any entries for the Star Sword, Rare Star Sword, and Star Axe as any other digimon who exists who have nothing stopping it from wielding those Digixros weapons (another difference from GeoGrey Sword but a difference in our argument's favor).
I personally would have made the reference book entries be for the Star Sword, Rare Star Sword, and Star Axe and left it at that. I also would have named "Shoutmon x2" after Ballistamon instead of Shoutmon and "Shoutmon + Dorulu Cannon" simply Dorulu Cannon with Shoutmon just being the example digimon to keep things open ended as both those profiles outright state the utilization of the x2 and Dorulu Cannon forms aren't for Shoutmon specifically, he's just the only character we've seen utilize them.
Also, it would have been awesome if the card game let me equip a Star Sword or Dorulu Cannon to any digimon. That's just fun.

I've personally got Starmon + Pickmons twice now in random partner generators so of course I've imagined myself going full Zenjirou. It seems like nitpicking as everybody knows the Star Sword exists without Shoutmon but my human perfectionalism doesn't like that according to the reference book in a vaccuum, my Starmons can't Star Sword without a Shoutmon so I can't Zenjirou :(
The problem with naming Shoutmon X2 after Ballistamon is that Ballistamon is not the lead component, Shoutmon is; that was why it was named accordingly.

And while I do wish that the Encyclopedia had handled the weapon Digixrose profiles the way you described, I think presenting them as forms of Shoutmon and MetalGreymon was the easiest way to implement their profiles since it’s clear that the profiles are using the Level and Attribute of the operators despite the profile descriptions being for the weapons themselves with no mention of the specific operators.

You could update the profiles to have a disclaimer:
The Level and Attribute listed are derived from _ who is depicted as this Digixrose’s lead component/operator by default
Blank being Shoutmon or, in the case of the Cyber Launcher, MetalGreymon.

I would like to see the Starmons profile get a disclaimer as well:
The Level, Type and Attribute listed belong to Starmon itself, not the collective group

Last edited:

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
imagine ShineGreymon + GeoGrey Sword was a separate Digimon lmao
Yeah, imagine if the combination of a Digimon and their weapon was considered a separate Digimon and got in the Reference Book, wouldn't that be weird?

Dukemon_crimson2.jpg

oh right several of those were in the reference book before xros wars existed

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
imagine ShineGreymon + GeoGrey Sword was a separate Digimon lmao
Yeah, imagine if the combination of a Digimon and their weapon was considered a separate Digimon and got in the Reference Book, wouldn't that be weird?

Dukemon_crimson2.jpg

Grani doesn't exist outside Tamers (and related media, like when he showed up in Fusion or the trading card with Grani on it from the Tamers set). Grani is not part of Crimson Mode in any other media. And it's a bad example, since he looks completely different. Has angel wings now. If Shoutmon got a design change by holding it, then cool! but he doesn't, it's just Shoutmon holding a knife. If Shoutmon gained some armor and wings by holding it like Gallantmon and Alphamon do then neat but... well, he doesn't.

If Shoutmon picks up Zubamon as a sword he doesn't become a new Digimon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Dukemon_crimson2.jpg

Grani doesn't exist outside Tamers (and related media, like when he showed up in Fusion or the trading card with Grani on it from the Tamers set). Grani is not part of Crimson Mode in any other media. And it's a bad example, since he looks completely different. Has angel wings now. If Shoutmon got a design change by holding it, then cool! but he doesn't, it's just Shoutmon holding a knife. If Shoutmon gained some armor and wings by holding it like Gallantmon and Alphamon do then neat but... well, he doesn't.

If Shoutmon picks up Zubamon as a sword he doesn't become a new Digimon.
Even SkullKnightmon Mighty Axe Mode gets DeadyAxemon’s crest on SkullKnightmon’s head.

Hell, Imperialdramon Paladin Mode would’ve been a better example and that’s a straight recolor.

@Mr_Web I would not be surprised if the Digimon that were featured in the Xros Figure Series were outright designed for it in addition to Xros Wars itself.

Last edited:

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree about the naming. The likes of Star Sword, Dorulu Cannon, better not to include the name of the user in front of them. So technically any digimon can use them.
Shoutmon using Dorulu Cannon in XW and OmegaShoutmon using Dorulu Cannon in Hunter should be the same thing, it's Dorulu Cannon is the main focus there.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon using Dorulu Cannon in XW and OmegaShoutmon using Dorulu Cannon in Hunter should be the same thing, it's Dorulu Cannon is the main focus there.
I mean, Omegashoutmon's version doesn't even goddamn name the Dorulu Cannon, because it followed Hunters' naming rules.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Omegashoutmon's version doesn't even goddamn name the Dorulu Cannon, because it followed Hunters' naming rules.
Yeah that's the point. It's okay if these weapons formed from digimon for specific usage in battle especially in Xros Wars era or especially for only the Xros Wars protagonists got profiles of their own, but at least make them consistent.

The OmegaShoutmon + Dorulu Cannon should be in the same profile as Shoutmon + Dorulu Cannon. The profile should be just "Dorulu Cannon" because it could open other good scenarios. Like, Ballistamon + Dorulu Cannon could be as good.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree about the naming. The likes of Star Sword, Dorulu Cannon, better not to include the name of the user in front of them. So technically any digimon can use them.
Yeah that's the point. It's okay if these weapons formed from digimon for specific usage in battle especially in Xros Wars era or especially for only the Xros Wars protagonists got profiles of their own, but at least make them consistent.

The OmegaShoutmon + Dorulu Cannon should be in the same profile as Shoutmon + Dorulu Cannon. The profile should be just "Dorulu Cannon" because it could open other good scenarios. Like, Ballistamon + Dorulu Cannon could be as good.
Again though, making these Mode Changes for Shoutmon and MetalGreymon in the Encyclopedia was consistent with other media of the time since, outside of Hunters, Shoutmon and MetalGreymon were the only Digimon to even use these weapons with the only media to acknowledge the idea that any digimon could use them being the Xros Loader virtual pet.

Hell the Toei Profiles and Jintrix card descriptions explicitly name Shoutmon as the sole operator of the Dorulu Cannon, Jet Sparrow and Star Sword.

Again to give a proper example for comparison, the complaints are basically like saying that the Ouryuken should've had its own DRB profile even though it is used exclusively by Alphamon. And the Mighty Axe was also an obtainable weapon in the Xros Loader virtual pet even though it actually is explicitly a Digixrose of SkullKnightmon with DeadlyAxemon.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Again though, making these Mode Changes for Shoutmon and MetalGreymon in the Encyclopedia was consistent with other media of the time
just because you can see why something was executed a certain way doesn't mean it's not flawed and inconsistent even in the same media. Ouryumon is not a proper example as we haven't seen it in its Ouryuken mode anywhere outside the jogress with Alphamon so saying that its Ouryuken mode is obtainable without Alphamon is an assumption (same thing for the Omega Blade) whereas the Star Sword had been seen to be a Digixros that only requires Starmon and any number of Pickmons without a third party.

I have no idea what's going on with the Deadly Axe but I do wish that the profile for Shoutmon + Jet Sparrow was just about the Jet Sparrow mode

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
just because you can see why something was executed a certain way doesn't mean it's not flawed and inconsistent even in the same media. Ouryumon is not a proper example as we haven't seen it in its Ouryuken mode anywhere outside the jogress with Alphamon so saying that its Ouryuken mode is obtainable without Alphamon is an assumption (same thing for the Omega Blade) whereas the Star Sword had been seen to be a Digixros that only requires Starmon and any number of Pickmons without a third party.
Ouryuken may not have but the Omega Blade is one of the obtainable weapons in the Xros Loader and Ouryumon was itself a Digixrose so they could have easily had the Ouryuken as one as well.
I have no idea what's going on with the Deadly Axe but I do wish that the profile for Shoutmon + Jet Sparrow was just about the Jet Sparrow mode
It is though? The only one of the five Weapon Digixroses in the DRB to mention the weapon’s operator by name in it profile’s description is the Mighty Axe as it talks about SkullKnightmon coordinating with DeadlyAxemon though the latter can purportedly attack on its own as an automatous living weapon as the Mighty Axe.

I have to wonder if Weapon class Digixroses as a concept were meant to be exclusive to the Xros Loader but then the DRB decided to pay lip service to the concept in the profile descriptions when the mode changes were added. This could explain why the profile descriptions were formatted the way they were despite everything else in the profiles implying that they were Mode Changes.