Shout Store Cancelling Kizuna Orders

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Shout Store is cancelling and refunding orders placed for Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna. (The mention of June 7th in the message is clearly a typo for July 7th.)

It's actually not that unexpected, but a small explanation might help. As announced recently, the Blu-ray and DVD release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna was pushed back with no new announced release date.

Generally the Shout Store removes the listing for anything with no announced date (or at least that's been what me and a few others have seen for non-anime releases from their store in the past), and refunds orders, which is what is happening here.

Hopefully the delay won't be long, and hopefully the delay allows for a better overall release. (Few would complain if the delay was used to have Brian Donovan return as Davis for example.)

Whenever Shout does open up pre-orders at their store again, we expect they will re-offer the poster lithograph as a bonus, but there is no guarentee of that.

If you simply want to get a pre-order ordered, pre-orders are still open at Amazon: (affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna BD/DVD
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD

Thanks to a few people for sending in the news and Duelist for the email image.

Attachments

AsylusGoji91

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Canceled? What's the reason of that?

AsylusGoji91

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, but still... I guess we'd better wait any longer.

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would they really do something like that? Because that would make me giddy.
It's within the realm of possibility, off the top of my head Disney's "Christopher Robin" initially had Chris O'Dowd voicing Tigger but after test audiences reacted poorly they brought in Jim Cummings to re-dub his lines.

But I really wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up. Better to be pleasantly surprised when you actually watch it then to be disappointed by something that wasn't promised.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly I'm a little curious if the dub is even quite finished yet, Joshua Seth said his recording was moved up almost a month so he would be able to record before COVID got big, and even then he just barely did it before the lockdown. If Donovan wasn't able to record from home, it wouldn't be impossible if there were other delays. I don't think there's really any way to tell for sure though.

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly I'm a little curious if the dub is even quite finished yet, Joshua Seth said his recording was moved up almost a month so he would be able to record before COVID got big, and even then he just barely did it before the lockdown. If Donovan wasn't able to record from home, it wouldn't be impossible if there were other delays. I don't think there's really any way to tell for sure though.
Jeff Nimoy revealed in a recent audio podcast all actors recorded their sessions. The cause of the delay is actually the issues of not producing the DVD/Blue Ray discs and cover copies in time for the initial release.

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the Movie is ready to release. Why not release it Digitally to Netflix, Itunes, Amazon Video etc first

Shout Factory is actually releasing Weathering with You on Aug 5 digitally and then September 15 on BD/DVD

I cant see why Shout Factory cant do the same for Kizuna

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jeff Nimoy revealed in a recent audio podcast all actors recorded their sessions. The cause of the delay is actually the issues of not producing the DVD/Blue Ray discs and cover copies in time for the initial release.
It's worth mentioning Jeff wouldn't necessary know that, and a few recent podcasts he doesn't seem to quite say that, more he's referring to just 'recording being done', etc. in a generic way (rather than specifying saying that he knows 'every' actor is done for sure, etc., but he's also been doing quite a few podcasts, and I haven't heard them all, so he may say something more specific.)

If the Movie is ready to release. Why not release it Digitally to Netflix, Itunes, Amazon Video etc first

Shout Factory is actually releasing Weathering with You on Aug 5 digitally and then September 15 on BD/DVD

I cant see why Shout Factory cant do the same for Kizuna
Weathering With You came out a year ago in theaters in Japan. That date is also more than half a year after it was in US theaters (I'm ignoring the limited theatrical run it got last year to quality it for some awards). If they followed that general calendar path for Digimon you would be seeing the movie next fall.

They are doing a generally standard release for that film, which is nowadays 'digital for sale' a few weeks before the home video release (the timing of these has been slightly skewed lately due to coronavirus.)

The movie is being released by GKids and the home video distribution is being done by Shout, but GKids is getting the type of release they want most likely, which is a virtual clone of how major American films are done (which is a method that has worked out reasonably well for them.)

We have no 'actual' proof the Kizuna dub is done, especially when you take into account needing actors for lines for pickups and things that need tweaking that even if recording was finished, was certainly at least done later than planned (I think recently Joshua Seth had mentioned he had only done his a few weeks ago, but I may be misremembering that.)

They've said there is a production delay, which may or may not be recording related, but for the time being at least, it doesn't appear a delay has made Shout or Toei decide to try and shove it out early digitally.

The method GKids is doing has worked out well for them. A more standard (but quick) anime type release has worked for various Toei theatrical films in recent years in the US, and it appears they and Shout are sticking to that method for Kizuna, at least based on what we know at the moment.

Last edited:

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have no 'actual' proof the Kizuna dub is done, especially when you take into account needing actors for lines for pickups and things that need tweaking (I think recently Joshua Seth had mentioned he had only done his a few weeks ago, but I may be misremembering that.)
He mentions here that he did pickup lines for the movie as late as May 1, and goes into how they moved up his recording from late March to sometime in February as well. 38:00 if the link doesn't work right -