Should We Podcast?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been wondering if perhaps we should give podcasting another go...

Anyone have any thoughts?

Although this time we will need to find someone who knows how to edit. Any volunteers?

ImNotThePro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd definitely give it a listen.

I don't edit, sorry.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a coincidence, I had just skimmed the old podcasts one or two days ago out of curiosity.

I'd listen. Can't edit but I'm willing to assist (and learn from) someone else, lol.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What type of equipment does it take to edit a podcast? I don't know anything about it, but I know I'd certainly love to help out with it in anyway I can (promoting, ideas, etc.). I'm always discussing to myself outloud things about the franchise that I like & dislike so I 'd love to hear others' opinions about it as well, since I've never been able to find a Digimon Podcast that's current.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What type of equipment does it take to edit a podcast? I don't know anything about it, but I know I'd certainly love to help out with it in anyway I can (promoting, ideas, etc.). I'm always discussing to myself outloud things about the franchise that I like & dislike so I 'd love to hear others' opinions about it as well, since I've never been able to find a Digimon Podcast that's current.
It just takes software. It's purely a matter of knowing how to do it so it comes out well.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there a specific type of software that is better suited for this type of thing? And what kinda things would you wanna edit for your show?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there a specific type of software that is better suited for this type of thing? And what kinda things would you wanna edit for your show?
Most common I'm aware of would be Audacity. And it'd be the actual editing of the show (cutting out blank spots, random coughing, fixing audio levels, etc.)

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That'd be awesome (& sounds easy, though I could be wrong) to do. Was there some reason as to why you guys can't do it? You do a good job of maintaining this site & I'm sure that's even harder than editing a soundfile.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That'd be awesome (& sounds easy, though I could be wrong) to do. Was there some reason as to why you guys can't do it? You do a good job of maintaining this site & I'm sure that's even harder than editing a soundfile.
My major was in multimedia production, of which editing is a requirement and even I'm not great at it. Believe me when I say, it's not easy. (That's not to say you need to have a degree in it to do, it takes a lot of practice and talent, and it's just something I'm not good at, nor is any of the staff that I'm aware of. Socar used to do a decent job when he was still around.)

MaLazer

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I produce music on a DAW, which can be used for any type of audio editing. What kind of editing? Just cutting out parts you don't want? Adding sound effects and sound clips?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I produce music on a DAW, which can be used for any type of audio editing. What kind of editing? Just cutting out parts you don't want? Adding sound effects and sound clips?
I have ideas for minor sound clips (mostly in regards to music at the beginning/end) but mostly it'd just be for 'show style' editing (cutting out parts we don't want/need, normalizing the audio levels, etc.) Nothing super crazy.

MaLazer

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have ideas for minor sound clips (mostly in regards to music at the beginning/end) but mostly it'd just be for 'show style' editing (cutting out parts we don't want/need, normalizing the audio levels, etc.) Nothing super crazy.

Okay, yeah I can totally do that. I can't guarantee that I'd be able to work on it ALL the time, but I doubt that it would take long. Would it be a weekly podcast?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, yeah I can totally do that. I can't guarantee that I'd be able to work on it ALL the time, but I doubt that it would take long. Would it be a weekly podcast?
That would be the goal, but twice a month might also be possible.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, okay. Seems like a big deal. Though I would still love to get the word out & spread this to as many fans as possible. And I had no idea that there used to be an actual podcast for this site before. Is there any place I can listen to them?

MaLazer

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay coolness, PM me if you decided to do them, I'll be glad to make them nice and podcast-ey.

Frankie

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know you have enough opinions, but I just want to say my answer is a resounding YES. A Digimon podcast would be awesome. While there are a few already (so my quick Google search told me), another wouldn't hurt, especially with the myriad of "programming" it could have.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Digimon-related podcast? And one that is current? I'd be down for that. :D

Now's a good time, too, what with all the new stuff coming out like the dub of series 6 and such.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm mostly trying to figure out the following.

Pure Digimon every week and we go until there is nothing to talk about (so weekly episodes that could be anywhere between 5 minutes to over an hour based on the news of the week.)

Find a way to do a solid and consistent time between 2 and 4 times a month.

Do it as a combined FBR/WtW podcast with other topics and a dedicated Digimon section (so for example, discussing anything that catches are interest, along with doing a solid Digimon section.)

Thoughts?

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For people who haven't thought of this: Search "podcast" in thread titles only.

Or, here: http://podcast.wtw-x.net/.
[HR][/HR]
I'm concerned if the podcast only lasts five minutes. If anything it just sounds like it'd be awkward for the speakers.

The FBR/WtW combo sounds neat. I wouldn't mind, but I assume it would depend on how much traffic FBR normally gets (which I have no idea about).

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The FBR/WtW combo sounds neat. I wouldn't mind, but I assume it would depend on how much traffic FBR normally gets (which I have no idea about).
Traffic wouldn't really matter. It'd be posted in both places. It'd just be a way to do a show where we aren't necessarily strapped down if we have no Digimon news (we can always just discuss topics...)

I'm inclined to do it as a Digimon podcast, but possibly starting off with a 'so what have you seen/played/etc this week' type thing, where we just generically talk and then we do a Digimon topic.

Thoughts on that one?

And it's worth mentioning in regards to the original show... we are all older and more mature now, and perhaps have some idea what we are doing (sort of...)