Should there be more interaction between Mimi and Matt/Yamato in Adventure?

TheMatrix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know that the original adventure timeline is pretty much over and done with but I find it to actually be kinda of a missed opportunity to not have the two share a moment together as in two people who have shared so many adventures together but might as well not have been in the same group finally get interact and actually know each other.

By the way did they have any interaction in Tri or Last Evolution(the ladder I haven not seen bear in mind)?

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haven’t seen Last evolution, but they did in Tri. I’m sure lots of us remember Mimi calling Yamato a “tundra” (tsundere) and him yelling, “Learn Japanese!” There may have been other moments as well.

There were also a few non-canon incidents in the CD dramas where they interacted, if I remember right.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think Mimi and Matt had much screen time together beginning from original Adventure series...the only time I remember may be relevant is in first Tri movie reunion there was tiny bit of dialogue between Matt and Mimi (but even then that was a joke scene with Tai and Sora in the midst too).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...I'm not dealing with shipping. ...At least yet but if they can make shipping work then fine. Maybe make this version set up like the ships everyone fought about last time. ...Still would like to see Meiko though. She solved a lot last time.

TheMatrix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...I'm not dealing with shipping. ...At least yet but if they can make shipping work then fine. Maybe make this version set up like the ships everyone fought about last time. ...Still would like to see Meiko though. She solved a lot last time.
Yeah Mimi and Matt is a very strange pairing given how they are the most distant from each other in the two first seasons. Although in fairness if we were going purely by interaction I think Joe should get all the girls with the exception of Kari and the 02 girls. No, seriously when ever one of the boys interact with the girls it is usually always Joe in the first season of adventure at least.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Depends on what the purpose of said interaction is. Is it for shipping? Is it for plot? Is it for character development?

TheMatrix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Depends on what the purpose of said interaction is. Is it for shipping? Is it for plot? Is it for character development?
I was thinking just for plot as in it is a missed opportunity. Could also give them some character development since being with somebody so troubled and serious might change Mimi a bit. As for shipping Sora is Matt's girl.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can tell how tired I am of shipping since I jumped right to it. heh heh

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the biggest potential for Mimi-Matt stories would've been back in the days of the original adventure, when Mimi was at her most excitable and loud and Matt was bottling up everything except maybe his desire to punch Tai in the face.

I can see some dramatic potential in their conflicting approaches to self-expression, such as if Mimi were to notice Matt brooding and ask him what's wrong only to be put off by Matt either going into denial or rebuffing her.

TheMatrix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the biggest potential for Mimi-Matt stories would've been back in the days of the original adventure, when Mimi was at her most excitable and loud and Matt was bottling up everything except maybe his desire to punch Tai in the face.

I can see some dramatic potential in their conflicting approaches to self-expression, such as if Mimi were to notice Matt brooding and ask him what's wrong only to be put off by Matt either going into denial or rebuffing her.
Well, the Digimon adventure reboot could do something with that then.

DigimonDigitalPodcast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Definitely! Mimi and Matt need more screen time cause the moments they do have are very funny. I don't know when or how they would do it but they should do something where everyone is split off in pairs like in the devimon ark. They should do Mimi and Matt, Tai and Joe, T.K. and Kari, then Sora and Izzy. I would love something like that!