MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More profiles and art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up to pre-order, we're getting better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus short profiles for new ones!

I've generally been posting these once a week, or when some other relevant news shows up, but just a couple days into the week (in Japan) and there are already more than a few interesting ones, so popping up one now seemed like a good iea.

First up is Meramon X (art above) who we haven't seen or gotten anything of until now!

It's intense temper has increased, and if it finds an incoming virus type it immediately strikes it. It's not afraid of virus types, because of the barrier known as 'Expatch' in it's right hand.

Then we have Gankoomon X!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The text for Gankoomon appears together with Hinukamuy on its back. It's right upper "Ultimate Sengitengyouken" which pulverizes enemies is it's final mystery.

And while his introduction text is the same as it was for Links, I believe this i the first time we have the official profile art for Jazamon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We also get art for a few more Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Jesmon X and Bulcomon/Blucomon/whatever name Bandai decides on next. (Ironically I believe we have both of these higher resolution from the Pendulum artbook and clean art was posted at other times, but still worth pointing out for anyone who might not have seen them since they are both 'reasonably' newer Digimon.)

More to come!

Thanks to onkei and shin for translation help.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is such a great batch of art. Meramon X has a very unique design and style. I wasn't sure how much they could really change what's essentially just a man made of fire. The XAI symbol on the shield and the stylized 'fire' symbol on its forehead are interesting touches. Also, the addition and focus on the shield is a nice callback to Meramon's role as the "firewall" Digimon.

Unless there are some stragglers, that just leaves the remaining mobile game cameos and the two unknown Ultimate++. Hopefully something is revealed with tomorrow's Chronicle X chapter.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a little disappointed with Meramon X, mostly because the original design is so pitch-perfect. I wish they had expanded on different elements, like the sewn-in mouth. But it's not terrible.

And d'aww, lil' Jazamon.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the jazamon line, I also like buluvomon line hopefully we get the rest soon.

I like how people in Twitter are like blue eyes white dragon baby form for jazamon.

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh can't say I like Meramon X, removed too much Fire.

Nice to get a cute official art of baby Blue Eyes White Dragon tho

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who drew Meramon X? Ben 10? lol But seriously this artstyle is completely new to me

I miss Meramon's stitches because of its evo line although SkullMeramon lacked it.
I'm surprised Meramon X is not Fire Man anymore and it discarded the human body completely but I suspect that yellow solid body may resemble of SkullMeramon because of its new face. Hmm what's up with that forehead, that symbol like ShineGreymon and RizeGreymon X's swords....

He doesn't fear Virus types anymore even being Data type? EXTRA POINT PLUS FOR HIM! Data Types have awesome win comebacks eh?!

Honestly I was sad when Bulcomon and Jazamon showed up but I'm happy with official arts of Jazamon's evo line along with that Bulcomon then Meramon X showed up! That will make up for only having Keramon X once at that last day.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meramon X has to be one of my favourites among the new X-Designs. I wondered what they could do to mutate him and they really nailed it. I don't think there were many other options that would have worked as well. Take Meramon into a more elemental direction and you just end up with some amorphous fire blob, add any fancy fire weapons or armor and you lose the focus of the original design. Giving him a more corporeal body while shifting the distribution of the flames was really a nice way to upgrade the theme without diverging too much.
I do hope the full profile will expand on the Agnimon reference of his fire symbol as anything frontier related is always welcome.
I like the art style as well, the licker outlines remind of the aesthetic of the early Savers area. Artist wise it’s a bit hard to place. My bet would be on morimiya Soh putting as I don’t think a completely new artist would be commissioned for that one design.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I felt like it's more of Kenji. He is only one who tend to draw with so much thicker shadows. But again, I finally realized. Remember Viewtiful Joe? That artstyle does fit that well.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did any ever figure out the meanings behind the Jet Dragons names?

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meramon-X looks like a kid drew him, the art style and pen work is cartoonish. I was expecting something much cooler and robust like the og. I agree it looks like something from Ben 10.

Tero

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meramon looks like the Familiar of the Crimson Devil from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Like two berries.

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The artstyle reminds me of the early 2000's I love it.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Jazamon! Can't wait to see the rest! ♡

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I see they brought in a few design elements from the original design of Meramon, and thus the original DeathMeramon from C'mon Digimon (claw/feet designs, arms and regions of the body not being covered by fire). I almost feel like they could have completely used that design and gotten away with it. The head definitely looks like SkullMeramon, which fits how several X-Antibody Digimon pull some attributes of their next natural stage. The main thing I dislike about him is that the proportions make him look more like a kid than the rest of the Meramon line.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
Image Thumbnail (custom)

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the symbol on meramon x's head looks more like a flame symbol then a fire symbol but it still looks different then the flame symbol of kaisgreymon anyway i like his new design even tho his art looks a little rough

i'm glad we finally have jazamon's official profile art and i hope we get to see his evo arts soon as well

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh DesMeramon? Damn that body is almost same as Meramon X's. Maybe it is really Soh. Demon X's artwork is pretty much V-Tamer in every angle and it's freaking awesome. I think Meramon X need other alternative artwork in order to get appreciated.

Meramon X > RizeGreymon X > Gankoomon X/Hououmon X?

Look like Bulcomon and Jazamon's turn to take turns to delay two unrevealed ones even longer. But honestly I need to see Hudiemon... I'm surprised nobody can figure all Jazamon's origin names out?

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually really like Meramon X’s design. He reminds me a lot of old superhero cartoons and comics with his pose and thick lines.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those are really good. Interesting look for Meramon X. Also yay more new Rookies. And Gankoomon X. He will crush you.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Loving Meramon X honestly, looks both cute and badass to Meramon’s... quiet intensity I guess? Honestly just looking for words aside from “boring enemy mob” but I kinda can’t. I can definitely see some inspiration pulled from DeathMeramon, and I’ve seen people point at Agunimon and of course Gankoomon X, which is all cool.

I’m not sure how evolution works in these V-Pets actually. I’m to assume it goes something like Child stage -> Meramon X -> Cyberdramon X -> Justimon X -> Gankoomon X -> and then whatever the Ultimate++ is, right? What I’m asking is, do Ultimates evolve into Ultimate+, or can Perfects evolve right into Ultimate+ or even to Ultimate++? Even if Blast Evolution was here, the former would mean Meramon X could never Blast Evolve into Gankoomon X, while the latter might, I think. Interesting either way imo.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no level skipping. An Ultimate+ evolves from an Ultimate, and Ultimate++ from Ultimate+.

While it's safe to say Cyberdramon X>Justimon X is a possible evolution, it's unknown if Meramon X>Cyberdramon X is even possible. Meramon X is Yellow's counterpart to Blue's Wizardmon X, and it's highly likely that they're meant to be a lead-in Adult stage for Pumpmon>NoblePumpmon, rather than any relation to their respective versions' mascots.