Short Profile for Ophanimon X & Cherubimon X (Virtue) & Large Art for More Digimon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Short Profile for Ophanimon X & Cherubimon X (Virtue) & Large Art for More Digimon

More profiles and art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up to pre-order, we're getting better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus short profiles for new ones! Today we get a few short profiles involving a couple of Digimon that showed up in the most recent chapter of Digimon Chronicle X!

First up is Ophanimon X (art above.) Both profiles are quicky ones that will be swapped out as time allows.

8 wings, shining like crystal. At first glance your heart will be filled with a gentle feeling it is said. An elegant figure standing on one wheel stands out.

Then we get the same for Cherubimon X (Virtue)!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Accumulating infinite light energy in it's abdomen, when Cherubimon hugs a Digimon with an evil heart, the evil spirit is replaced by light, and returns to being a digitama, from which a good Digimon is born.

We also get higher resolution art for a few more Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Dorugamon, Ginryumon, Garudamon X, and CannonBeemon! Their introductions on Twitter are shortened versions of their standard profiles.

More to come!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally translated. *Reads*

???

WTF it said 8 wings. So... It's official now?! Noooo... The iron rule of multiple angel wings = rank = power?!! ARGHH

Their X antibody effects would swap to each others... Remember how Ofanimon tried to purify Cherubimon Vice by calming him down?
Ofanimon X should do that all purifying of Hug and Cherubimon X do that all calming down by just filling their hearts with gentle feelings to match their duties.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think two of the wings have merged together and are the parts connected to the other eight.

But also, perhaps she's actually weaker from the X-Antibody rather than stronger like most other Digimon.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The hierarchy of wings is far from an iron-clad rule. Cherubimon, Clavis Angemon, Slash Angemon, Rasielmon, and several others are all not restricted to this. It's not even an originally-Digimon concept either. It's a popular concept in many media to have stronger angels having more pairs of wings. This is just a carry-over of that trope, that Bandai can choose to ignore or follow at their own discretion.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm it's true. Bandai wanted to tone down heavier details of X Antibody in the first place when X1 and other series released....

But some internet forums tend to view ClavisAngemon, SlashAngemon and others as "Low Rank" ones. Not sure about Cherubimon, probably unique case... Won't bother that ever again...

Rasielmon said to have same rank as Ofanimon despite only having one set of wings. However I feel like I need more new Angel digimon to "judge"...

Well... Maybe I'm favoring on this iron rule only because I view it as Great Archangels are absolute powers for Holy powers. Well I'm sorta Power type fan, you know DBZ fans with that... "Thing" in the whole internet to discuss only about the power levels...

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But some internet forums tend to view ClavisAngemon, SlashAngemon and others as "Low Rank" ones.
In traditional angelic hierarchies; Powers (SlashAngemon), Virtues (ClavisAngemon), and Dominions (Dominimon) do rank lower than Seraphs (Seraphimon), Cherubs (Cherubimon), and Ophans (Ophanimon, Rasielmon); but they still rank higher than Angels (Angemon) and Archangels (HolyAngemon, Angewomon).

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And "Throne"?

There are still tons of "Archangel" members left yet to reveal as New digimon.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Throne is interchangeable with Ophan, in terms of Christian angelology. It can be interpreted as just another name for Ophans, like Wheels or Galgallins.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dont understand how people can take the amount of wings seriously at this point. They just do whatever they want.

The only time it was ever mentioned was in Angewomon's profile.

"As their trait, Adult angels have six wings, and Perfect angels have eight wings."
And that doesn't even matter because Pidmon, Darcmon, Holy Angemon Priest mode, and Shakkoumon.

They just do whatever looks cool and Ophanimon was drawn by a different artist. Goddramon X loses wings too.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyway, I love Cherubimon's :D face and Ophanimon looks fairly elegant for riding a Solowheel Iota.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Solowheel. lol but she is just floating and that wheel is simply... Nix wheel (Final Fantasy XIII).

I dont understand how people can take the amount of wings seriously at this point.
"As their trait, Adult angels have six wings, and Perfect angels have eight wings."
And that doesn't even matter because Pidmon, Darcmon, Holy Angemon Priest mode, and Shakkoumon.

They just do whatever looks cool and Ophanimon was drawn by a different artist. Goddramon X loses wings too.
*Ultron's voice* Because. Typical for those "Power" type fans in any forms.

Interchangeable huh. Then Digimon logic will bring new name origins that just happen to share with Seraphim, Ophanim, and Cherubim like that Mephistopheles and others in different cases like misspelling/corrupted names. But that'd take forever to release new Angel types...

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They could have just not mentioned her "8" wings and we would've assumed the crest of light was the 5th pair but the fact that they specified it is kinda annoying. Yes it wouldn't have mattered much, but original Ophanimon has 10 wings so it is slightly jarring. Still a good design!

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In any case, Mega > Ultimate regardless of wings (unless your name is Lucemon).

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Geez so Cherubimon gives them the Ultimate hug lol though i find it nice that they will be born next into a good digimon basically his way of giving them a second chance.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Monzaemon has a hugging attack as well, so that might be a tie in to Monzaemon X

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's only a hug. This Cherubimon X can exorcise any Virus types from just hugging to just reduce down to "Good" digitama without fighting longer therefore he is "One Hug Man" though it only applies for any enemies with "Evil" in their hearts...

I really want to see WaruMonzaemon X but too bad.

Now both Ofanimon X and Cherubimon X revealed in their big images. Can't wait to see other four ones. Twitter or V-Jump scans?

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't Ophanimon X very similar to Dominimon?
The cross on helmet is like his cross. Dominimon has 8 wings, and he has two shields attached to his shoulders while Ophanimon X has two lances over there.

Last edited:

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love that the wheel is a roundabout solution to the original design's extremely restrictive armour, waist down. She literally wouldn't be able to walk!
Paildramon has this issue, too. His shoulder armour prevents him from properly raising his arms up, and the T-Posing (or lack of) in his Cyber Sleuth etc models somewhat confirms that.