Shodo Digimon Series 3 Figures Announced for April, Premium Bandai Special Version Pre-Order Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We don't even have wave 1 of the Shodo Digimon figures in hand yet and wave 3 is already going up to order!

Shodo are a series of generally nice, but very affordable, figures from Bandai featuring well known characters.

Series 3 was teased when Series 2 first went up, and just a couple months later it's already time to look at the new figures and order!

Lilymon, Zudomon, and Omegamon!

Each of these will be roughly 3.1 inches tall and 2.4 inches wide.

These are basic action figures with a decent level of detail and poseability, but minimal in extra frills and features to keep the cost reasonable.

Like last time, this is a Premium Bandai 'Complete Set' version. We expect standard versions to appear shortly at various retailers.

The Premium Bandai version will come with a stand for each of them with their respective associated crest on them.

In addition...

The 3 boxes will each be included in a special collectors box featuring new artwork of the 3 Digimon drawn by longtime Digimon designer Kenji Watanabe. No preview of the box, but they do tease that it actually combines with the other 2 on a shelf to make one massive image.

Each figure also comes with a piece of soda flavored gum.

They also point out that the figures (not including Omegamon) completes the team lineup as it was at the end of Adventure.

A few more images of the figures before pre-order details...

Pre-orders ware open at Premium Bandai for 4,950 yen. The figures ship in April. Pre-orders 'may' close early if they hit certain numbers.

Update- Pre-orders are open!

They're getting these out fast, even if there will be a bit of a wait for series 3, and they all look pretty nice considering the relatively low price.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
Buyee
From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
Samurai Buyer
DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Attachments

Last edited:

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These actually look like the best ones yet! Omegamon is surprisingly impressive for that size.

I ordered series 1 through an intermediary but lord knows when that will arrive because of shipping during Covid, but hopefully by April lol.

I'm hoping they do a series 4 with MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon, but we'll see. If nothing else, the OG adventure lineup is nice.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First time I actually dislike this Lilymon figure. Because of her joints made her look like it's muscular Lilymon-man. :/

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh hey. We have everyone now. ...Anyone wonder if they'll have the 02 Mons? That would be cool. ...I thought Lilymon looked different.