SH Figuarts Alphamon Ouryuken Premium Color Edition- Info, Images, & Pre-Order Details, & Kenji Watanabe Interview

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It was teased awhile ago, and then we heard very little until we found out it would be shown off at DigiNavi, and now it's nearly time to pre-order!

The Alphamon Figuarts returns in a new Premium Color Edition, heavily upgraded!

The Omegamon figure is about 6.7 inches tall.

Much like Omegamon, there is a big focus here on the premium coloring, the cape, and just how poseable everything is.

The Figuarts Alphamon OuryukenPremium Color Edition figure includes:
the main figure itself
the cloak
the 'wire' components that hold the cloak
The 2 pieces that make up the Ouryuken (blade and handle)
Holy Sword Gradalpha
Left and Right thrusters with wing effects
A special stand set

The figure is available to pre-order at Premium Bandai. It costs 10,450 yen and ships in September2021.

Much like Omegamon, they've done a great job updating an older mold to make a figure that will no doubt be quite popular with fans.

Hopefully it goes up soon at Premium Bandai USA for those who want to nab it easily...

Also...

Tamashii has put up an interview with Kenji Watanabe on their newsblog regarding the figure and a number of other things.

The site will machine translate it for you to English. It goes over the creation of Alphamon, X-Antibody Digimon in general, X-Evolution, and plenty more!

If you want to import it and can't wait...

We've currently pared down the list of intermediaries we list due to some places closing and others becoming iffy in their communication, calling into question their reliability. If you have any stories, positive or negative, about any intermediaries, DM me with them so we can figure out who might be worth adding (or re-adding), since these aren't affiliate links or anything, simply suggested ways to make it easier for fans to nab stuff.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Attachments

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone have pics of the old version? Wanna see the difference (is it just the black armor...a bit shiny??)

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's up for pre-order on BBTS (who are basically just an intermediary with a niche focus lol) but it's been marked up a fair bit so I'll wait to see if there's a P-Bandai USA listing at some point first.

But yeah, I'm wicked excited about this one. Color aside, the poseable cape, wings, AND the Gradalpha make this a pretty easy purchase. I'll probably stick Gradalpha with the original SHF Alphamon (my first "modern" figure from a few years ago which re-ignited my love of collecting) just for some consistency. Man I'm so glad they didn't abandon this.

EDIT: I somehow skimmed over the actual price lol looks like BBTS’s price is actually reasonable; they had marked up premium color Omnimon so I had assumed it was the same for Alphamon.

Anyone have pics of the old version? Wanna see the difference (is it just the black armor...a bit shiny??)
Plenty of images on google and the like, but yeah, it looks to be a bit more metallic, and the gold accents are more chrome-like.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah so Alphamon is really colored in black because it said the illustration is hard to paint in black. And the design inspiration from Mobile Police Patrever "Griffon" and Holy Warrior Dumbain "Zwass" which I haven't seen before.

So the gray Alphamon won't exist for now. Huh. GaiOumon was thought to be completely black and some red but it turned out as the hologram made it like that while the true color is just golden armor and a bit more red color.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And the design inspiration from Mobile Police Patrever "Griffon" and Holy Warrior Dumbain "Zwass" which I haven't seen before.
Patlabor. And the other show is Dunbine, whose mech name was Zwarth.

Honestly, on seeing this, it makes sense. The Griffon and the Zwarth are both pretty similar to Alphamon now that I'm comparing them side to side.