SGDL potential stronger then ZeedMilleniumon

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
due to an most likely oversight in Cyber Sleuth each individual SGDL might be stronger then Zeed

[video=youtube;Mipw7hfWgJs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mipw7hfWgJs[/video]
they exist in all parallel worlds simultaneously and if they got defeaten all their other selfs get more powerfull and here comes the oversight;

http://i.imgur.com/NfMegOw.png?1

there are infinite universes, so according to that the SGDL exist in each of these universes so their "true form" should hold infinite power, though we probably never hear of this again since it is a most unlikely scenario, due to being impossible to have all but 1 being slayen within an infinity, also i think Savers Another Mission stated that they are reborn in their own universe through evil emotions within the hearts of humans/digimon.

anyway i thought this is quite interesting, opinions?

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are instances in which that can be avoided. The Great Angels and the Demon Lords know how kill a Demon Lord and not spread its power/avoid the Karma shenanigans. Demon even knows a trick that lets him absorb half of that power to increase his own power (the other half goes to the Demon Lord counterpart in whatever parallel world it exists). Special abilities such as the Decode power can also nullify that ability. That was revealed in the final scenario of Decode.

But yeah, if someone systematically can kill a lot of Demon Lords, they'll become nearly omnipotent. And people say Royal Knights are overrated.

Last edited:

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Seven Great Demon Lords are one of the best concepts Digimon currently has imo and my favourite group of Digimon, by the bye. They are the perfect villains, since they constitute inherently evil beings as you told and that fits perfectly with their theme. That said, I think this matter is pretty interesting and it would be awesome if it's further developed in future animes and/or videogames.

PS: Cyber Sleuth requires a sequel!! :eek:

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, even some individual SGDL without that boost are on the same power level judging by their TCG attack powers. Zeed often is purported to be more powerful than he really is, and the fandom frankly has a tendency to over-apply the "near-omnipotent" descriptor to various villains. Zeed has been defeated in numerous appearances (through various means), including his unsealed form.

Unless some Digimon literally is the most powerful, there's always going to be something stronger. Though as far as "infinite universes" is concerned, that also would require infinite killings of the particular SGDL. Even so, Lucemon FM would only require one counterpart to be killed per TCG attack power to beat Zeed as there's only a 20-point difference. Most of the others really would just need 1-2 kills based on the numbers, so we really don't need to mess with infinity.

A lot of Zeed's perceived strength seems to come from the mention of "end of the world" cataclysmic destruction. I think we too quickly forget that the destruction of the Digital World is probably easier than the destruction of certain Digimon. I mean, numerous attacks create craters, and just two RK in Frontier (who, by the way, are much weaker than the Digimon in question) destroyed the Digital World and its three moons with relative ease. These two were defeated by a Rookie. Granted, Lucemon, but still a Rookie. Megidramon warped reality itself. Zeed doesn't have to be indestructible to herald an end-of-the-world event.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
True, Zeed isn't really _THAT_ strong, normally.
While Zeed does, in fact, have a massive amount of personal power, his real strength is in his intellect which, combined with his power, make him a really dangerous foe.
(Demon, Barbamon and BelialVamdemon fall in the same category. Belial is a particularly egregious example, as it has less power than Venom but by keeping his Perfect intellect results more dangerous)

Most likely, a "normal" unsealed Zeed(as in: one who isn't DigiXrossing with everything he can) would have been soundly defeated by Dynasmon's Dragon Collider. Hell, I'm not sure how many 'mons could survive that without cheating, it's an attack that has the other Royal Knights SCARED and rushing to get away

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah... I'm not buying this whole 'Demon Lords are pandimensional Platonic Ideals' thing. Is there anything in Cyber Sleuth that confirms all three of:

• (A) Mirei is not lying for whatever reason?
  • (B) Mirei is speaking concretely and not metaphorically?
  • (C) Mirei is actually factually correct about this?

Because, holy crap, this is a huge-ass retcon if it is true.

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What happens in the Scheming Demon Lords chapter, in Decode, basically confirms this. Is what Mirei said, but with Barbamon taking that energy to power up Lucemon and aiming to conquer the Real World. By using Rina's abnormally powerful Decode, Barbamon was "cheating", and taking the power of the dead Demon Lords before it could spread in the multiverse. Unknown to him, Demon was doing his trick as well, taking half of every killed Demon Lord's energy to power up himself. Demon aim was "only I can destroy the real world, because I hate God" V-Tamer -thingy.

In the end they got a really powered up Lucemon: Satan Mode that cannot be defeated without doing a quest in which the Three Great Angels had to use their holy power to weaken Satan Mode before he goes on rampage and destroy "all worlds" (can be hyperbole, thou in Decode the multiverse stuff was touched).

Last edited:

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What happens in the Scheming Demon Lords chapter, in Decode, basically confirms this. Is what Mirei said, but with Barbamon taking that energy to power up Lucemon and aiming to conquer the Real World. By using Rina's abnormally powerful Decode, Barbamon was "cheating", and taking the power of the dead Demon Lords before it could spread in the multiverse. Unknown to him, Demon was doing his trick as well, taking half of every killed Demon Lord's energy to power up himself. Demon aim was "only I can destroy the real world, because I hate God" V-Tamer -thingy.

In the end they got a really powered up Lucemon: Satan Mode that cannot be defeated without doing a quest in which the Three Great Angels had to use their holy power to weaken Satan Mode before he goes on rampage and destroy "all worlds" (can be hyperbole, thou in Decode the multiverse stuff was touched).
In that case, my main question is: Was that world's DL Lucemon/Barbamon directly empowered because an alt-reality DL died as part of the CS-described process, or did Barbamon do whatever to achieve that result? From your descriptions, it sounds more like the latter.

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Barbamon had killed the other Demon Lords, but got their powers before they were sent to another dimension. That is all the plot of that part. It was specifically stated by Demon he got "half of those powers" because the karma shenanigans.

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah... I'm not buying this whole 'Demon Lords are pandimensional Platonic Ideals' thing. Is there anything in Cyber Sleuth that confirms all three of:

• (A) Mirei is not lying for whatever reason?
  • (B) Mirei is speaking concretely and not metaphorically?
  • (C) Mirei is actually factually correct about this?

Because, holy crap, this is a huge-ass retcon if it is true.

The last mission in Cyber Sleuth's DLC is kind of amazing. All the energy goes into a Monzaemon for reasons I can't even remember, I think Mirei went a bit nuts, and you have to fight the most powerful Monzaemon in all of existence.