Seeking 1997 digimon battery cover and screws

bigdigi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey everyone! I just found out about these forums today. I was a big fan of the original show and before that have fond memories of battling my brothers around the table with our original 1997 devices.

I still have mine (brick brown & black), but I'm missing the battery cover and screws. I'm wondering if anyone has a broken brown digimon they're willing to scrap or a lead on where to get these kinds of parts. I've considered ordering a 2019 re-release, but I'm not 100% positive the cover would fit, and I feel bad just making a never ending chain of battery cover-less digimon. I also thought about 3D printing a cover - which is compelling but annoying. Anyone have a good rec, or a broken digimon they want put to some use?

All that said, I'm also curious if the battery cover on the 2019 device is interchangeable.

Megatronacepticon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey everyone! I just found out about these forums today. I was a big fan of the original show and before that have fond memories of battling my brothers around the table with our original 1997 devices.

I still have mine (brick brown & black), but I'm missing the battery cover and screws. I'm wondering if anyone has a broken brown digimon they're willing to scrap or a lead on where to get these kinds of parts. I've considered ordering a 2019 re-release, but I'm not 100% positive the cover would fit, and I feel bad just making a never ending chain of battery cover-less digimon. I also thought about 3D printing a cover - which is compelling but annoying. Anyone have a good rec, or a broken digimon they want put to some use?

All that said, I'm also curious if the battery cover on the 2019 device is interchangeable.
The battery cover on the 20th versions is totally different to the battery cover on the original, so if you were thinking of getting one of them to replace it it wouldn't work anyway.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The battery covers and screws on the originals aren't all interchangeable either. The covers look the same but there are slight differences in size/shape between batches.

bigdigi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The battery covers and screws on the originals aren't all interchangeable either. The covers look the same but there are slight differences in size/shape between batches.
Interesting... Is the batch no. just the number printed below the battery slots? Or do you just mean the generation? Mine is definitely first gen, with metalgreymon as a possible ultimate.

Last edited:

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

At one point I checked a few of mine systematically. Yellow/Grey/Blue are European V1s. Terra/Red are Japanese V1s. Jelly/Kiwi are both clear-green English V1s that came without chains, but probably US. Zing is a franken-V5 and I don't know where its shell came from. Anyway, same version and same region seems OK so far. But even though Yellow/Grey/Blue are interchangeable among themselves, and so are Jelly/Kiwi, they're not exactly the same when trying to switch with the others.

bigdigi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ah yeah okay so it looks like it's the generation rather than a specific manufacturing batch. So I guess my question reverts back to whether anyone has a broken (north american?) V1 lying around they might like to donate to a stranger's cause.

thanks for your help!!

Nomiles

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know if the screws on the 20th anniversary versions will fit the original versions?

Rurik

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'll print one of these for anyone who needs one, free of charge. Just pay for the shipping.