Scrubs

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To kick off the American Comedies forum, I was told to throw up a post about a show I really enjoy, so I picked Scrubs. I love it.

Scrubs is one of a short list of really good American comedies available on network tv right now, so lets get people in here discussing what they think of the series and all that other nifty stuff that goes along with it.

<blows a whistle>

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I enjoy it as well. J.D. is a hilarious character like the others I like to watch it after arrested developement. Does anyone know when there's new episodes? Mid-season?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nbc once again has dragged scrubs to around january or february for its season premiere

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll agree that J.D. is funny, but I think the Janitor totally made the show during the first and second seasons. If you 'got' the plot device that his character revolved around during the first season, it makes it all the better.

Then there's Sarah Chalke, who I hadn't seen since she replaced Alicia Goranson as Becky on Roseanne. It was great seeing her again in a new comedy.

To be perfectly honest, though, the characters for me, individualized, have their own good and funny qualities, but I think the show wouldn't be as good if it did have the gang: JD, Turk, Cox, and the Janitor. When they're paired up in scenes (either all, or some) it usually leads to something quite spectacularly amusing. Then there's Kelso, and Todd, though. These guys are good in their own way but they're expendable characters, the latter much more so than the former however.

Though, I think the show pisses me off on a level. On the general level, they do a fine job of incorperating drama into the series when needed; but it got me... I thought the Ben/Leukemia (Brendan Fraser) episodes were good to the point that even the doctors aren't infallable; their own families can fall victim to diseases like everyone else. And then WHAM later on, Ben dies. He fucking dies. I figured deep down someone that accident prone would probably get killed one way or the other, but I never expected such a sad episode. It was the sadest thing I'd seen on a network tv show in a long ass time.
Ben wasn't around too long, but when he was, he definitely made an impact.

Eimon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very funny show. I don't know why, but I never heard of it until, like a year ago, or so. Once I saw it, though, I was hooked.

I'm still waiting for a group shower scene between Turk, J.D., Dr. Cox, Kelso, the Janitor, and the Todd. That's probably just me, though. ^u^'

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
godofchaos said:
nbc once again has dragged scrubs to around january or february for its season premiere
Argggg... Anyway, eimon it is probally just you but I'm sure JD and turk have done something like that before. Probally by accident but that's funny.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
season premiere of season 2, they slept in the same bed

turk- you so CRANKY in the morning!

jd- I WAS WEARING MY SHOES, SO THEY COULDNT LOCK TOGETHER!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And a good natured best friend gay joke is one of the running gags on the show.