RustTyranomon Preview for Booster Set 2

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

New card preview from the Digimon Card Game!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a new card preview from Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power. This time it's RustTyranomon.

RustTyranmon has a very mecha feel. The card is drawn by As'Maria, who did the final design of the character. The art is drawn looking up at him, making him look even larger and more imposing.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power is scheduled to release on July 22nd. The biggest preview we've gotten so far of cards from that set was the recent 4 page spread from V-Jump.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 2:
Millenniumon
Ikkakumon & Zudomon
Vorvomon & Lavorvomon
Tailmon & option card Neko Punch
Sora & Jou tamer cards
Taichi & Yamato tamer cards
Hikari tamer card
Taiga & Rina tamer cards
MetalGarurumon

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
V-Tamer Promo Cards

Attachments

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have always loved rusttyranomon and the artwork on this card does him justice. He looks awesome, whats better then a machine dinosaur lol not much.

Dynamicmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My translation skills are a bit off, but I believe the abilities are
(On your turn): If you have a tamer you may attack an opponent's active digimon
(On your turn): when this destroys an opponent's digimon, you may rest one of their active digimon

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, as people predicted from Taiga's card, the Tyranomon line appears to be green.

He looks really good. Always did love me some Tyranomon. <3

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, that card artwork! As'maria's different artstyle made him look so gigantic!

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that explains Taiga. Its artwork is magnificent, too, as expected from As'maria.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love Rust Tyrannomon but Green is a pretty bad fit for him in terms of flavor in my opinion as Green's about organic nature Digimon and Digimon who evolve fast and Digimon who rest the opponent and Rust Tyrannomon's lore is the opposite of all of that, dude literally rusted because it took him so long to evolve. I suppose you can imply Rust Breath is the reason for resting the opponent but I dunno, still doesn't feel too thematic.
However, amazing Digimon, amazing art, amazing abilities, so it's still a big win for us Digimon Card Game fans and Rust Tyrannomon fans out there to have the card be this good

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah DarkTyranomon, MetalTyranomon and RustTyranomon should be Black/Red. But again, Tyranomon is always shown on the forest fields... In other cards and games.... I don't know why

Look like we will have more mismatched ones in the future like Tsukaimon, RusTyranomon, and others... I don't mind that but still