RSS Feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I don't know if it's even possible, but will there be an RSS feed for the announcements?

Just wondering. I like RSS feeds, usually get the new things right away from those as I check the feeds once in an hour.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As it would appear, there is apparently an RSS module within this board software, and if Jita (overlord) wants it, I'll see about getting it all rolling up on here. Really, though, it seems vanity features like that are up in the air at this point. We're mostly trying to sort everything out and see where it all goes right now and then move into other avenues and features.

Galactic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, I was just asking. I understand you're busy.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, no worries. Question time is good, it gives me insight on what some people want; whether it's what Jita wants is up in the air, but atleast its a start.

whimyang

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, I've aways know about RSS feeds and what they do, but I've never actually figured out how to use them. Anyone want to enlighten me?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
its basically like a bookmark, except it updates with announcements put to the 'rss feed' i use rssowl for all my feeds, some people just use firefox, and theres many other programs. you put the rss address into it and bookmark it, and whenever there is an update (or for a messageboard, new posts or threads) itll show you the title and often you can just read them from the rss box

Galactic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like goc said Firefox can show them, they show up like folders in the bookmarks, there are also dedicated RSS readers and some e-mail programs such as Thunderbird(which I use for both mail and RSS) support RSS.

whimyang

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool! Thanks guys, I'll try it out once the board gets it to work.

x3

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, getting it to work isn't the main idea just yet. As I mentioned before, we don't know if we're going to have it yet-- I'll have to discuss it with Jita, and see where that goes. If it goes at all.

As of this point, all the little bugs and inequities are being handled-- and I've so far dealt out a fair few edits of the backend code to this monster already. Whatever happens, sit tight, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.