Royal Knights Lore

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's interesting to me is that according to Jintrix and ReArise, the Dukemon of the Royal Knights was originally a Megidramon of the Four Great Dragons, the greatest sin of the Digital Hazard, who became Dukemon after its redemption
when was this said? Do you have a source?

As an Olympos XII fanboy, I definitely agree that they blend into eachother a lot less than the Royal Knights. You have members who are actually physically weak for megas but get their god status in other ways like Vulcanusmon whose god level power entirely comes from being a craftsman of legendary skill as he powers up himself and everybody he's allied to as a result from his gear, Venusmon who wins her battles through pacism and removing aggression from her opponents like Marine Angemon does, and Dianamon who is a master illusionist and wins by turning her opponent's mind into her own plaything. You also have Digimon with very divergent body shapes like Neptunemon, Ceresmon, and Bacchusmon (who also is a comic relief role that the Royal Knights could benefit from as their members all seem way too serious) and you have members who are antiheros but are still amazing protectors of their domain like Marsmon, Mercurymon, and Minervamon. Outside of a few slight exceptions, you don't find this diversity in the Royal Knights, they all just feel like lawful good dragonmen characters who win through physical force. Unfortunately, the Olympos XII have yet to have a real story outside of Aegiomon in Digimon Crusader as the Royal Knights have priority in portrayals due to their popularity and the Olympos XII are also tucked away into an entirely seperate Digital World (a world that interests me that I want to see as we have never even had a glimpse of it)
This one resonates hard.

Ideally, we'll get an Olympos storyline that leads to a showdown with the RKs which has been teased before in the past.

Then there's also the fact that Olympos also now have a Jogress between members, something the RKs doesn't. Which I think is something else that reinforces each member's own style. If your own style isn't strong enough, combine with another one to get the job done, compared to the RKs who, unlike Olympos who are more a battle of, uh wits (More so specific specializiations), is just a ragging torrent of power. (Granted, GraceNovamon is probably just a nod to Digimon World Dawn/Dusk but still. It would be cool to get 5 other Jogress mons between the other members.)

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be cool to get 5 other Jogress mons between the other members
Olympos XII pairings that Digimon Collectors gave us were:
Apollomon / Dianamon
Bacchusmon / Ceresmon
Neptunemon / Vulcanusmon
Marsmon / Mercurymon
Venusmon / Minervamon
and then Jupitermon and Junomon weren't paired to anybody at all.

perhaps this could be insight to what jogress pairs would likely be? I really like Venusmon + Minervamon due to the large contrast of the two but personally I might find Neptunemon more interesting jogressed with Jupitermon (sea and storms) or Ceresmon (sea, earth, and sky)

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be cool to get 5 other Jogress mons between the other members
Olympos XII pairings that Digimon Collectors gave us were:
Apollomon / Dianamon
Bacchusmon / Ceresmon
Neptunemon / Vulcanusmon
Marsmon / Mercurymon
Venusmon / Minervamon
and then Jupitermon and Junomon weren't paired to anybody at all.

perhaps this could be insight to what jogress pairs would likely be? I really like Venusmon + Minervamon due to the large contrast of the two but personally I might find Neptunemon more interesting jogressed with Jupitermon (sea and storms) or Ceresmon (sea, earth, and sky)
Hm, Jupitermon and Junomon are kinda tied together through their information blurb, I guess.

I'd also like exclusive (Read: unique) evolution lines for them all like how Apollomon and Dianamon got, but again, fleeting dream I'm afraid.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's interesting to me is that according to Jintrix and ReArise, the Dukemon of the Royal Knights was originally a Megidramon of the Four Great Dragons, the greatest sin of the Digital Hazard, who became Dukemon after its redemption
when was this said? Do you have a source?

As an Olympos XII fanboy, I definitely agree that they blend into eachother a lot less than the Royal Knights. You have members who are actually physically weak for megas but get their god status in other ways like Vulcanusmon whose god level power entirely comes from being a craftsman of legendary skill as he powers up himself and everybody he's allied to as a result from his gear, Venusmon who wins her battles through pacism and removing aggression from her opponents like Marine Angemon does, and Dianamon who is a master illusionist and wins by turning her opponent's mind into her own plaything. You also have Digimon with very divergent body shapes like Neptunemon, Ceresmon, and Bacchusmon (who also is a comic relief role that the Royal Knights could benefit from as their members all seem way too serious) and you have members who are antiheros but are still amazing protectors of their domain like Marsmon, Mercurymon, and Minervamon. Outside of a few slight exceptions, you don't find this diversity in the Royal Knights, they all just feel like lawful good dragonmen characters who win through physical force. Unfortunately, the Olympos XII have yet to have a real story outside of Aegiomon in Digimon Crusader as the Royal Knights have priority in portrayals due to their popularity and the Olympos XII are also tucked away into an entirely seperate Digital World (a world that interests me that I want to see as we have never even had a glimpse of it)
This one resonates hard.

Ideally, we'll get an Olympos storyline that leads to a showdown with the RKs which has been teased before in the past.

Then there's also the fact that Olympos also now have a Jogress between members, something the RKs doesn't. Which I think is something else that reinforces each member's own style. If your own style isn't strong enough, combine with another one to get the job done, compared to the RKs who, unlike Olympos who are more a battle of, uh wits (More so specific specializiations), is just a ragging torrent of power. (Granted, GraceNovamon is probably just a nod to Digimon World Dawn/Dusk but still. It would be cool to get 5 other Jogress mons between the other members.)
JesmonGX? Then again, from what I hear, GX is more a symbolism of Jesmon truly succeeding Gankoomon, which itself leads into another problem: if Jesmon is supposed to be Gankoomon's successor, then we technically DON'T have 13 members of the Royal Knights as we're still short one.

Almost all of them got a chance to shine in Cyber Sleuth, but other than Alphamon, Omegamon, LordKnightmon and Examon, all of them felt unnecessary, like you could take them out of the story and not lose anything. It also commited the cardinal sin of having every previous protagonist RK be in the side of the humans, so you didn't even have the shock value of X-Evolution. Chronicle X... was more interested in being nostalgia fodder than anything else.
Yeah, this is something that really bugged me about Cyber Sleuth. That, and just the fact that the Royal Knights/Yggdrasil shit seems to have completely hijacked what WAS a more interesting and darker setting that felt more akin to the original meta-canon, in which Digimon were more like ultra-developed computer viruses being utilized by often malicious hackers (and somehow, they STILL manage to make Yggdrasil the overlying threat despite Eaters being the primary enemy up to that point even if they did kinda combine the two in the end). I will say, however, that despite being relegated to the typical villain roles, Duftmon and especially LordKnightmon had their best portrayals to date, and the way Alphamon was utilized was certainly interesting (and Omegamon to an extent).

In Cyber Sleuth's defense, though, I believe it was the first major piece of media to come out after the release of Jesmon, and thus the first media FINALLY capable of featuring the Royal Knights as a complete group (assuming Gankoomon and Jesmon don't count as a single seat, see above). Keep in mind, the Royal Knights as a concept were established as early as Frontier (maybe Tamers), and it was established as having 13 members as early as Chronicles with Alphamon, yet they've been very gradually completing the rest of this 13-member group for close to a decade afterwards, so I could see why that could be a pretty big deal. You also have to consider that it also tied into the Adventure anime's 15th anniversary (and some would argue that it was the first true revival of the franchise in recent history.... which isn't exactly true given that the games and some other media were still getting steady releases in Japan, though CS was the first game with a CERO B rating, helping to establish the franchise's newfound focus towards an older audience), so some nostalgia-pandering might've been expected (and as irksome as it may've been, I do think it seems to have pulled it off more tactfully than some other franchises, see: Pokemon).

Bacchusmon (who also is a comic relief role that the Royal Knights could benefit from as their members all seem way too serious)
At least in Cyber Sleuth, Omegamon seems to have been exactly that given the way he played off of Nokia, though I guess that doesn't speak much on Omegamon being a comedic character on his own. I suppose Rina and V.V. were also a more extreme instance of this manzai duo role, even if we saw a lot less of them and they ultimately came off as filler (I guess to complicate matters further, V.V. technically wasn't even part of THIS Royal Knights group).

The Demon Lords were first mentioned in Beelzebumon's profile and Demon was retconned into being one of their members.
Actually, I think Beelzebumon's profile was updated at some point. In its profile for Digimon Accel (which, ironically enough, came out AFTER the Seven Great Demon Lords had already been established as a group), it doesn't mention the SGDL at all. It still mentions how it's a Demon Lord class and its capability of ruling over the Nightmare Soldiers (incidentally, I think the "Demon Lord Digimon which surpasses even Beelzebumon" is referring to Blast Mode), but the reference to the specific group is gone. Remember, the Demon Lord class had been around well before the Seven Great Demon Lords were a thing (and before the group was completed with the introduction of Belphemon, there was speculation that BelialVamdemon and Deathmon were supposed to be members, seeing as they also have it as their class).

Last edited:

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
JesmonGX? Then again, from what I hear, GX is more a symbolism of Jesmon truly succeeding Gankoomon, which itself leads into another problem: if Jesmon is supposed to be Gankoomon's successor, then we technically DON'T have 13 members of the Royal Knights as we're still short one.
Hence the point of Keramon as the new squire. Again, if that ever pays off.

I'd also like exclusive (Read: unique) evolution lines for them all like how Apollomon and Dianamon got, but again, fleeting dream I'm afraid.
I’m more than fine with neglected older Digimon being the Olympian unevolved forms: Elecmon for Jupitermon, Swimmon for Neptunemon, Floramon/Alraumon/Kiwimon for Ceresmon, etc.

I do think Minervamon, Junomon, and Venusmon should get new Child-Ultimate forms but only because I’m tired of Protomon/Angewomon being used for every Ultimate woman Digimon by default.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
in general I would like to see Iliad variants of existing Digimon to compliment the Digimon already designed to be native to Iliad like Coronamon, Lunamon, Sirenmon, and Aegiomon. For example, a different take on Centaurmon and Minotaurmon for members of those species native to Iliad would be super cool to see

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Incidentally, if they managed to continue using Cyber Sleuth's elemental system (I think it's a pretty nice system myself), I wonder what types all the Olympos Twelve would potentially use.
-We already got Minervamon, Mercurymon, Neptunemon, and Dianamon as Null, Wind, and two Waters respectively. And the sorta related Titamon is Earth.
-Vulcanusmon is an obvious Fire, as are Apollomon and Marsmon (though it is unfortunately redundant that the group would have two Fire Vaccines, but hopefully their stats and abilities could set them apart well enough).
-As unfortunately over-abundant as they are, I could see Venusmon being a Light Vaccine, and just outside the group, Plutomon's a Dark Virus.
-Not too sure about Bacchusmon..... maybe Plant? Given the nature of wine cellars, Earth also seems like a possibility. Maybe it could have both types, with the other going to its Crapulence Mode if it counts as a separate form (hopefully, they can avoid another Dark Virus if they do that).
-Ceresmon seems like it has potential to be Plant, Earth, or even Wind. It has two forms, as well. Though, we kinda have enough Plant-based female Data Ultimates, so it would be nice if at least one of its forms manages to avoid that.
-Junomon's Hysteric Mode is a likely Dark Virus, but maybe its normal form could be a (rare) Light Virus.
-Jupitermon's definitely an Electric for both forms (would be cool if Wrath Mode counted as a Super Ultimate, as I don't think there's another Electric that could contend for that level, at least not after Hacker's Memory short-charged Chaosdramon). Also, its Perfect form, Aegiochusmon, has potential for bringing a nice bit of variety (albeit just shy of the Ultimate level), including a very rare Dark Vaccine and Plant Vaccine.
-GraceNovamon might be workable as a Null, but I fear that it's gonna be yet another Light Vaccine Super Ultimate.

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m more than fine with neglected older Digimon being the Olympian unevolved forms: Elecmon for Jupitermon, Swimmon for Neptunemon, Floramon/Alraumon/Kiwimon for Ceresmon, etc.

I do think Minervamon, Junomon, and Venusmon should get new Child-Ultimate forms but only because I’m tired of Protomon/Angewomon being used for every Ultimate woman Digimon by default.
Yeah, I can get behind this. I use Elecmon as a base a lot, same with Floramon. As far as the Fairy-like Woman Digimon goes, I agree too. Salmon to Angewoman kinda is the very obvious route out there, hence why I'd like more 'unique' forms for them to make up for it. Sadly, some more 'neglected' forms don't really flow well into the two Angels unless you squint hard.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's really "completed" Royal Knights despite claiming Jesmon being a successor equals to one slot still left blank in Royal Knights.

About jogress. I think some members have Ultra levels and Jesmon GX so Royal Knight is already the strongest group outside of other special groups (GraceNovamon still OP lol). But I still cannot shake off the feeling because of Sleipmon, that name origin. I wonder how will they release next group, Gods of Norse myth? Loki, Odin, and Thor...

I can think of many things surrounding this Royal Knight "lore". Mordred knight's famous betrayal and other things relating to our Royal Knight members. But I feel like they only focus on bringing more battles/appearances and spotlights on Royal Knight rather than extending the "lore" of it... So I can say safely it's really "completed" so they can move on to focus on other next groups.