Role Play Interest Check

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another idea (albeit a really, really simple one) that I like for RPs is one where all the tamers can use anyone as partners except the Digimon used by the main cast of the show. So like Agumon, Gabumon, Palmon etc. would be off-limits, but players would be free to choose from any of the other rookie forms. Similarly their higher stages would also be unavailable, like Rosemon and such. I like it as a means to promote diverse choice of partner Digimon.

[quote author=DarkVictoryGreymon link=topic=15928.msg227071#msg227071 date=1331130618]
I am just putting the Idea out there if anyone want to RP with me like that.

So anyone like my Idea?
[/quote]I'm kind of on the same page as Ice Queen. If you were to make your own version of hybrid lines or something, like say, for instance...

Human spirit of w/e - Minervamon
Beast - Orochimon
Fusion - Mervamon etc.

That might be kind of interesting. But the example you gave with blackAgumon and stuff is.... a little... odd? To me at least.

Kamemon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm working on an RPG so I want to know who is interested in it.

The story starts with the players waking up in an apocalyptic world where they find an other digimon who explains what happened.
I'm thinking there should be 4-6 players, and digivolution lines should make sense.

Again, I'm still thinking about it so tell me if your interested

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Kamemon link=topic=15928.msg227098#msg227098 date=1331163455]
I'm working on an RPG so I want to know who is interested in it.

The story starts with the players waking up in an apocalyptic world where they find an other digimon who explains what happened.
I'm thinking there should be 4-6 players, and digivolution lines should make sense.

Again, I'm still thinking about it so tell me if your interested
[/quote]
Speaking for myself, I'm not too interested in apocalyptically-set roleplays... I've seen scores of those and few (if any) of them have really caught my interest... However, if you can come up with a neat premise that does something different and new, compared to the manymanymany apocalyptic RPs that other people do, then I'm all for it.

Kamemon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I was thinking that there should be safe zones where you can not get attacked, or something like that so I thought about what would make it special and I thought that there should be mobile forts for the leftover digimon so Its not as cliche the forts also represent the Royal Knights if one of them dies then the fort that represents them will collapse

Still thinking about it so its a basic concept. I also do not want to write the whole plot on the interest check *-*

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's the point of the interest check to start with.. You share the plot so you don't waste your time with a write up no one is interested in ^^'

I'm already in Armored War so I wouldn't be up for another of the same genre ^^'

Feelix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DigiTamer Rikun link=topic=15928.msg227101#msg227101 date=1331168328]
Speaking for myself, I'm not too interested in apocalyptically-set roleplays... I've seen scores of those and few (if any) of them have really caught my interest... However, if you can come up with a neat premise that does something different and new, compared to the manymanymany apocalyptic RPs that other people do, then I'm all for it.
[/quote]

Hehe, sorry I'm not original (armored war) :p I just got caught up since I just started watching xros wars and rewatching the previous seasons. An interesting idea, is a world where Digimon and Humans coexist in peace. Every year will be a tournament where humans with Digimon partners will compete to for the best. And there can be some evil team who will sabotage the tournament for some evil plan. That will be like a combination of Pokemon and G Gundam (not original, but it's a new take on Digimon).

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Feelix link=topic=15928.msg227128#msg227128 date=1331186946]
Hehe, sorry I'm not original (armored war) :p I just got caught up since I just started watching xros wars and rewatching the previous seasons. An interesting idea, is a world where Digimon and Humans coexist in peace. Every year will be a tournament where humans with Digimon partners will compete to for the best. And there can be some evil team who will sabotage the tournament for some evil plan. That will be like a combination of Pokemon and G Gundam (not original, but it's a new take on Digimon).
[/quote]
Sounds a little like Digimon Championship too (even though that game didn't have a plot at all...). I might be up for something like that, I have like this weird fetish for anime tournaments. xD

Also, I wasn't naming any names when I was talking about the apocalyptic RPs, I didn't even know what Armored War was about, so don't take it personally. =w=;

Feelix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DigiTamer Rikun link=topic=15928.msg227130#msg227130 date=1331187579]
Sounds a little like Digimon Championship too (even though that game didn't have a plot at all...). I might be up for something like that, I have like this weird fetish for anime tournaments. xD

Also, I wasn't naming any names when I was talking about the apocalyptic RPs, I didn't even know what Armored War was about, so don't take it personally. =w=;
[/quote]

Just something to throw out there. I'm putting my attention on Armored War, since its my first RP. If anybody wants to pick up this idea and work with it I'll be interested to join later on.

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Feelix link=topic=15928.msg227133#msg227133 date=1331189607]
Just something to throw out there. I'm putting my attention on Armored War, since its my first RP. If anybody wants to pick up this idea and work with it I'll be interested to join later on.
[/quote]I just might take you up on that, except I don't know if I trust myself to run an RP. I'm pretty busy lately and I dunno if I'm responsible enough for that LOL. xD Although like I said, tournaments DO really appeal to me... =w= We'll see.

Feelix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DarkVictoryGreymon link=topic=15928.msg227189#msg227189 date=1331302858]
Can I join Armored War? If you guys dont mind a paragraph post.
[/quote]

Sorry.. the RP is meant for 3-4 people and we already have 4 people. :\

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We're out of digi-eggs to evolve with, pretty much.

Jackalmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If DarkVictoryGreymon wants to join I would be fine with dropping out. I feel like I'm holding the group back by not having enough time to post. I joined at the end of last semester and seriously underestimated my workload. Those two factors together make me really nervous about continuing, and I don't want to disappoint anyone or kill an RP, especially one with such a good premise. Sorry Feelix, I'd love to continue, but I don't think I can. My apologies ^^;

Feelix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you don't feel like you can keep up, that's fine since you haven't really started posting anything. DarkVictoryGreymon, if you want to, you can post up a profile in the Digimon Armored War Signups and Discussion thread. Once I approve it, you can put up your first post in the RP thread.

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll admit, I have some reservations about this person joining. A paragraph for a whole post just doesn't seem like enough material to me. If you put legitimate time and effort into a post, there's no reason for it to be a paragraph long. Length and quality will come with those two things. Make sure you read the forum RP rules and follow them diligently.

Feelix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Queen of Ice link=topic=15928.msg227289#msg227289 date=1331375890]
I'll admit, I have some reservations about this person joining. A paragraph for a whole post just doesn't seem like enough material to me. If you put legitimate time and effort into a post, there's no reason for it to be a paragraph long. Length and quality will come with those two things. Make sure you read the forum RP rules and follow them diligently.
[/quote]

Thats true. Darkvictorygreymon, if you want to join, you have to commit more than just a paragraph.

DarkVictoryGreymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can you give me some pointers for it? Like how I can extend my paragraph to at least to yours. I read your guys' posts and they are Superior to mine. So can you guys help me.

Feelix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DarkVictoryGreymon link=topic=15928.msg227518#msg227518 date=1331564714]
Can you give me some pointers for it? Like how I can extend my paragraph to at least to yours. I read your guys' posts and they are Superior to mine. So can you guys help me.
[/quote]

I pm'ed you about it. That way, this thread won't get sidetracked.

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was brainstorming on an RP idea... I'm thinking it might be such that people can reply whenever they want, and that the RP doesn't necessarily suffer and slow down if one or two people are too busy to get on and post. I wanted to think of something that sort of incorporates elements from most or all of the seasons, if possible... here are a few ideas I came up with (each individual bullet point can be optional, or not) :

- The RP is set in the real world current day, with all real-world happenings and current events playing a part (as much as players know about or want to involve them in the story). It's basically our world with one major alt-reality change: Digimon is one of the most successful anime/game/card franchises in the world today (essentially in place of Pokemon) in order to make it more relevant, I guess? Ehahahaha.
- Players can be from all nationalities all over the world and still be involved and be relevant, sort of in a .hack//-esque fashion. Everyone is involved in their own lives, but a few discover the secret of the Digital World, are granted Digivices and partners, and are allowed to open portals to the Digital World at will, sort of in a 02/YH fashion, I think. The kids would meet up in the Digital World, ending up in the same general region regardless of where they're from, as an escape of sorts from their everyday lives just to hang out, explore, fight, or whatever they want to do, really.
- ^ this is the premise to get people interested and playing, and once all the players are involved (could be anywhere from 4-12), maybe the wheels of the major underlying plot start turning (though I don't know what this could be, and I'll work on thinking it up; suggestions would be appreciated too). Maybe there's some sort of story arc for some of the major groups; the 4 Sovereigns, Royal Knights, Demon Lords, etc. etc. etc. (people could also sign on to play those characters too, that might be neat.)

The rest of this stuff I'm not as sure about, mostly just brainstorming.

- Some of Tamers' real-world grittiness and realism could come into play too, what with the kids having to hide the secret of the Digital World from everyone, and potentially Digimon breakouts from one or two irresponsible children leaving the gate open or something? (Because I can see kids doing that, kids can be forgetful and irresponsible.)
- Additionally, only children who discover the Digital World on their own are allowed Digivices and partners, so anyone who the information is leaked to (friends of the chosen or whatever) can join their friends to go to the Digital world, but can't open/close portals, don't get partners (right away), etc. etc. Maybe no one would want to play this sort of character, but it might be an interesting way to allow extra characters to join after the initial cast is filled.
- I sort of want to have Digimon, mechanics, and concepts from all the seasons, and maybe some of the other media (like Digimon X-Evolution and some of the games, potentially) to be integrated in this... so Armor Digivolution, DNA-Digivolution/DigiXrosing, Biomerge evolution/biohybrids, alternate modes/Burst evolution, and other things like that would all be possibly integrated, but would require special requirements to do so-- I was thinking maybe some kind of upgrade to the initial Digivice, which could either be the original Adventure digivice or maybe like a DS- or PSP-shaped apparatus, LOL. (I've always liked the latter idea)
- Maybe the upgrades are achieved by doing quests for the specific groups; like the Armor Evolution ability could be earned by doing a task for the soverigns or devas, Bio-hybrid/biomerging could be earned from the Royal Knights or something, etc. etc. etc.
EX: A partner with KoKabuterimon. Initially, he can only digivolve into his normal form, BladeKuwagamon, but by earning the favor of the Royal Knights, he is granted the ability to Biomerge with his partner to Beetlemon/Blitzmon.
- Digimon can definitely have multiple evolutions! I kind of wanted it to be like Digimon World or the V-pet, where Digimon stay in their evolved forms unless forced into a previous stage by some outside influence, and eventually die and reincarnate into a Digi-Egg. (I won't be surprised if most people don't like this idea, in which case it'd just be the basic anime policy of going-back-to-Rookie-stage-after-every-battle.)
- I definitely do want to have DW 1/2-style NPCs littered throughout the thing. The major groups like the Sovereigns/Demon Lords/Royal Knights/Great Dragons/3 High Angels and so forth are among these, for sure, but then there are others like Jijimon the guide, and many others from the various seasons (which I'll be getting suggestions on). It's probably going to take a lot of people to play, and even people who aren't one of the main characters can potentially have a role as one of the NPCs.
- If we want to have a whole Season 4 Ancient elemental Warriors thing going, we could make it 10 people to join and assign everyone a crest and an element, but I fear that might make the Digimon and human character/gender requirements too specific, so it might be better not to go there and just have the Ancient Warriors of each element be NPCs....? *shrug*
- oh, one last thing I thought of... differentiating DNA Digivolution and DigiXrosing. In DNA Digivolution, it would be V-pet style, where both Digimon involved in the process turn into something-- so ExVeemon x Stingmon would result in ExVeemon digivolving to Paildramon, and Stingmon digivolving to Dinobeemon. Megadramon x Cherrymon would result in 2 Ghoulmon. In DigiXrosing, all the components are mashed into the final product, just like in the show. Sound good?

That's all I've really got for now. So how does this sound? Would anyone join an RP like this? If so, what would you like to see changed? If not, what would you like to see added/removed?

PS: If I'm in charge of this, (which I probably will need to be, though I won't mind handing control of it over to someone more experienced .___.) I won't be able to get it started for at least a week or two; I've got tests and final speeches and papers to write all up in next week, so I'll be ridiculously busy. Just getting some opinions for now.