Riding their digimon partners.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look like they will ride their partners in every battle & episodes.

You know, Digimon battles could get dangerous as they evolve to Perfect or Ultimate levels.

C'mon it might be dangerous if those digimon partners reflect off attacks but getting damaged in process? I know somebody will say "Plot Armor" when those humans magically survive unharmed while caught AOE attacks or something like that but C'MON!

But realistically... Did it decrease the screentime of having humans as "cheerleader" or what? Or to appeal to children? Which?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tbf humans seem to be more durable in the Digital World, like theyre made of data too. Like when in Tri Machinedramon slammed Sora into a wall multiple times and she was fine. So I don't think itll be too dangerous for them to ride their Digimon when in the Digital World

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tbf humans seem to be more durable in the Digital World, like theyre made of data too. Like when in Tri Machinedramon slammed Sora into a wall multiple times and she was fine. So I don't think itll be too dangerous for them to ride their Digimon when in the Digital World
This is a great point. Another example that comes to mind is the Digimon Tamers falling from who knows how high and leaving craters in the ground when they land but being a-okay. And it worked for the show; they made very explicit in Tamers that lots of physical laws in the real world simply don't apply in at least that version of the Digital World.

As for Adventure:, I don't think we've seen anything to suggest that they'll ride their partners in "every battle." Heck, it already hasn't been that cut and dry. Taichi didn't ride Greymon in episode 1, and in episode 2 Taichi and Yamato deliberately stay off of Greymon and Garurumon when they do the reckless charge at Algomon. I think the creators know what they're doing in this regard. As for why it looks like they're having the kids ride the Digimon in battle more often than in prior series, I dunno, that's just what they're going for. It's fun and exciting, don't think it needs much more justification than that.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sora is OP. Just kidding.

Yeah they did got off of Greymon and Garurumon but then Omegamon appeared and they... Rode again. -_-

Fun and exciting... Yeah wonderful indeed.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah they did got off of Greymon and Garurumon but then Omegamon appeared and they... Rode again. -_-
They were covered in some kind of weird aura and seemed to be psychically linked to Omegamon at that point in time. If anything, they seemed safer then than in the rest of the fight.

I'm pretty sure the showrunners are doing this to make the children look more involved in the action. Hopefully we'll get some confirmation that humans in the digital world are, indeed, more durable than in the human one (as they have seemed in most Digimon media I've seen so far, including the previous Adventure shows). If they are not supposed to be enhanced in any way... yeah, it'd be plot armor.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
if I was trying to get from point A to point B in the dangerous Digital World and I had a partner with tenfold my movement speed like Matt with Garurumon, I think both my partner and I would rather I hitched a ride on them. Otherwise I'm a liability slowing things down