Relation between Xros Wars and Chronicle X

Chrono_Shindou

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello everyone! It's my first time making a thread here, so nice to meet you all! Hoping to get along with everyone!

So anyways, here's this thing that's been bothering me, did Xros Wars happen in Chronicle X continuity? I know this is a baseless assumption, but we did get to see OmegaShoutmon X and DarkKnightmon X in Chronicle X, Digimon who were normally exclusives to the Xros Wars continuity and they also had official levels in Chronicle X. Also with the new upcoming retcon of the levels of all Xros Wars Digimon, this now makes it possible for Xros Wars Digimon to exist outside of that Universe. I know Xros Wars most possibly didn't happen in Chronicle X considering we already saw SkullKnightmon becoming a good person at the end of the manga whereas Chronicle X shows DarkKnightmon being still evil, and Omegamon still alive contrary to how he is considered dead in Xros Wars. Moreover Kouta and Yuuji were still mentioned to be travelling all the while between Chronicle and Chronicle X with Alphamon, Omegamon and Dukemon.

So what is your headcannon regarding those two Digimon, Shoutmon getting OmegainForce and DarkKnightmon being killed and sent to the Dark Area? My personal headcannon is that Yggdrasil never got shut down in Xros Wars, so Bagramon could never make use of the data stored in it and make his army and Digimon never lost evolution system, nevertheless he still tried to rebel but his rebellion didn't last too long unlike in Xros Wars (this is very much possible since Darkness Bagramon was still available to obtain in Digital Monster X, indicating his presence). During the war Omegamon X bestowed his Omega inForce data to Shoutmon, helping the latter to evolve into OmegaShoutmon and MAYBE take him as an apprentice later. While I don't know what happened to Bagramon, DarkKnightmon in this Universe was still evil so he was sent to the Dark Area. While I can't say anything about the rest of the events such as creation of ZeedMilleniummon, since that would require Nene and other Human Tamers of Xros Wars to be present and we didn't see any of them in Xros Wars.

Contrary to Xros Wars, V-Tamer more than likely happened but in the Old Digital World cause Demon said at one point "How many times are you going to interfere with my plans Ulforce V-dramon?" which indicates that they fought before. Although this could be just a random meeting between the two but still I personally prefer to consider both happened in the same universe cause there's nothing contradicting the two stories happening consecutively one after another.

So what's your personal headcannon regarding the different stories associated with the V-pets? I would love to hear your opinions, and if you made it this far into my post, thanks a lot for reading my ted talk. Have a nice day ahead!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There were Shoutmon in Cyber Slueth, Links, and Next Order though. Nothing indicates Shoutmon is exclusive to XW.

Chrono_Shindou

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There were Shoutmon in Cyber Slueth, Links, and Next Order though. Nothing indicates Shoutmon is exclusive to XW.
I mean, they were available as a Digimon but weren't included in the story. In Chronicle X it was explicitly stated OmegaShoutmon X and RizeGreymon X were leading waves of army from the New Digital World to the Old Digital World, that's why I speculated that since Xros Wars Digimon weren't really included in story outside of Xros Wars, untill Chronicle X happened

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chronicle X also explicitly referenced V-Tamer through how it specifically mentions that Demon X gained power that rivals the Super Ultimate-level Digimon that he once plotted to revive.

Chronicle X is also clearly referring to the Frontier-style iteration of Lucemon as the almighty angel that rebelled against God (along with the existence of the Three Great Angels), as opposed to Xros Wars' Lucemon who was just a villain-of-the-week subservient to Lilithmon.

And while they didn't specify they were the same individuals, they were clearly referencing Adventure with the battle between Vamdemon, Tailmon, and Wizardmon.

It's just standard null-verse stuff. Each individual Digimon's backstory is based on their debuts/source materials, regardless of how contradictory they are when connected to Digimon from other universes.
Not to mention, Chronicle X mentions absolutely nothing about the events of Xros Wars. OmegaShoutmon was only briefly mentioned alongside RizeGreymon (so why aren't you including Savers/Next?), and DarkKnightmon was just a generic villain with no mention of even Bagramon (who's also in the Digimon X2).

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, they were available as a Digimon but weren't included in the story. In Chronicle X it was explicitly stated OmegaShoutmon X and RizeGreymon X were leading waves of army from the New Digital World to the Old Digital World, that's why I speculated that since Xros Wars Digimon weren't really included in story outside of Xros Wars, untill Chronicle X happened
Shoutmon was in Next Order's Story. He gets infected by the Virus and turns into Machinedramon then rampages, so you beat him up and he reverts back to Shoutmon. Then he opens up a shop in the City where you can change what music is playing in the plaza. He actually breaks the fourth wall too, as Kouta says that Shotumon is a Rookie level Digimon and then Shoutmon replies to him and says "no I'm not, I'm Shoutmon level".

OmniShoutmon you find in the Volcano and he fights you. After you beat him up he joins the City and lets you listen to any music you want.

Gumdramon is friends with Zudomon and is found in Absolute Zero having run away from Zudomon. You help them become friends again and they join the City, going to the builder together and help you get items from digging and what not (like Drimogemon in World 1).

Arresterdramon chills in the Logic Volcano too (different area to Omnishoutmon) and after you beat him up he joins the City and will boost your stat gains in the Gym on Sundays if you talk to him