Reference Book Update to Celebrate the Finale of Xros Wars- Shoutmon x7 Superior Mode & Luminamon (Nene Version)

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
didn' t think they would've considered it to be a digimon to begin with.
I mean, that didn't stop Yggdrasil 7D6 and N.E.O..
That's a really interesting approach actually, cause Luminamon (Nene Ver.) should probably be considered more like a Digital being a la Rhythm from Savers than a Digimon per se in my honest opinion. After all both Yggdrasill 7D6 and NEO also share a level, type and attribute.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Luminamon Nene Version is more of oddity. Rhythm of Savers is far more mysterious and never reveal her true identity. While this is only unique Xros fusion with a human yet they actually labelled her as "Nene Version" and got level, attribute and even... Type Composite?!

To the people, Luminamon Nene Version is just "fan-service" Nene with purified Shademon as... Her costume using Xros fusion. So to my surprise, they had her granted Reference Book profile despite being fused with Nene very specifically instead of using vagueness like "Tamer" and "Human" references like other profiles did.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Luminamon Nene Version is more of oddity. Rhythm of Savers is far more mysterious and never reveal her true identity. While this is only unique Xros fusion with a human yet they actually labelled her as "Nene Version" and got level, attribute and even... Type Composite?!
To be fair her Level, Type and Attribute are in-line with her being a lateral DigiXros of Luminamon.

Luminamon is itself a Level V Vaccine and almost all Digimon who are the products of DigiXrosses are either Enhancement or Composite Type.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair her Level, Type and Attribute are in-line with her being a lateral DigiXros of Luminamon.

Luminamon is itself a Level V Vaccine and almost all Digimon who are the products of DigiXrosses are either Enhancement or Composite Type.

Well... Didn't you find it strange? Luminamon Nene Version's Type Composite but Nene is just one nude human and this Xro'ed Luminamon didn't fuse with other digimons to be "chimera"-ish. In logic, it should be Enhancement type.

doublewizard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, it's literally a composite of Luminamon and Nene, lol.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that Nene thing is weird but hey, The final Shoutmon is pretty cool. He's basically everyone.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well... Didn't you find it strange? Luminamon Nene Version's Type Composite but Nene is just one nude human and this Xro'ed Luminamon didn't fuse with other digimons to be "chimera"-ish. In logic, it should be Enhancement type.
To be fair, Enhancement as a Type implies that the lead component is being enhanced by what it has fused with usually by the secondary component(s) becoming some kind of weapon.

Since Luminamon is itself bring applied onto Nene despite being the implied lead component, it would be disingenuous to say that Nene is the Enhancement for Luminamon hence why it's instead treated as a Composite of them.

The closest the Enhancement Type has are Shonitamon and DonShoutmon and both of them can be seen as Shoutmon Digivolving using the data from Monitamon and Dondokomon which would still be Monitamon and Dondokomon enhancing Shoutmon.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, it's literally a composite of Luminamon and Nene, lol.

All I see are just one human and one digimon. No extra "chimera" parts.

To be fair, Enhancement as a Type implies that the lead component is being enhanced by what it has fused with usually by the secondary component(s) becoming some kind of weapon.

Since Luminamon is itself bring applied onto Nene despite being the implied lead component, it would be disingenuous to say that Nene is the Enhancement for Luminamon hence why it's instead treated as a Composite of them.

The closest the Enhancement Type has are Shonitamon and DonShoutmon and both of them can be seen as Shoutmon Digivolving using the data from Monitamon and Dondokomon which would still be Monitamon and Dondokomon enhancing Shoutmon.

Hmm well Composite types have "The Thing flesh" merging with different others. Which is why I find her very odd, wearing Luminamon instead of having merged with in Anglerfish style.

Err whatever. I'm not Xros expert on this.

doublewizard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see where you're coming from on this. The creators are just using a broader sense of the term composite or chimera or however you want to look at it. I believe the intent isnt' that it's Nene wearing some Luminamon accessories, but having fully blended with Luminamon with attributes of both, while obviously focusing on Nene. It's definitely a bizarre choice to be sure, but that's what makes it fun imo! Digimon's greatest strength is that it often does whatever it wants.
Also sorry if my previous message was rude, I apologize.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see where you're coming from on this. The creators are just using a broader sense of the term composite or chimera or however you want to look at it. I believe the intent isnt' that it's Nene wearing some Luminamon accessories, but having fully blended with Luminamon with attributes of both, while obviously focusing on Nene. It's definitely a bizarre choice to be sure, but that's what makes it fun imo! Digimon's greatest strength is that it often does whatever it wants.
Also sorry if my previous message was rude, I apologize.

Naw that's cool. And that line is very so true. *Thinks of Parasaurmon, Gammamon, Machmon and others for odd Attributes chosen*

Ultimamon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, sometimes I wonder who get's treated worse when it comes to underage fanservice. Nene or Izumi.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just realized almost everyone thinks this Luminamon Nene Version is underage? It's clearly adult Nene to me... Just take a closer look! She didn't have those from anime/manga appearances!

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't say she's adult, but yeah, she does look a bit older.

And it wasn't just the bare skin and age that made her form in Xros Wars icky.
It was also the 'forced' subtext, and the ero-gothic imagery.

Compare it to the Bio-merge or Ancient Spirit Evolution scenes, where the nudity is used to symbolize purity/unity/transcendence.
So this purified older Nene Luminamon is at least a step up from the younger Shademon variant. Still a little weird tho.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon are ageless. And better think them as an Adult. Sakuyamon isn't always Ruki, even Ruki's Sakuyamon is ageless, it's not Ruki herself, and it doesn't have to be Ruki's age.
Takato's Dukemon too, Lee's SaintGalgomon too, and so on.
The same case with Izumi's two evolutions in Frontier.
So we can tell this Luminamon (Nene) is not Nene's age for obvious reason. Even though it requires Nene and only Nene (the human data) to evolve into.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well, she's a Perfect which is after being an Adult... so she's no Rookie, i tell ya!

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon are ageless. And better think them as an Adult. Sakuyamon isn't always Ruki, even Ruki's Sakuyamon is ageless, it's not Ruki herself, and it doesn't have to be Ruki's age.
Takato's Dukemon too, Lee's SaintGalgomon too, and so on.
The same case with Izumi's two evolutions in Frontier.
So we can tell this Luminamon (Nene) is not Nene's age for obvious reason. Even though it requires Nene and only Nene (the human data) to evolve into.

Luminamon Nene Version is really very unique case. I'm sure Xros manga showed Nene "undress" aka undo DigiXros and her sister and her personal army rushed in to cover that up by bringing her costume so it means that Nene is unaffected even DigiXros that cannot fuse humans with other digimons so Luminamon Nene Version is simply Nene and she is just armed with that transformed Luminamon "cosplay" dress. So I'm 100% sure "Nene Version" is just Nene and maybe she is aging normally but DigiXros have no effects to affect her age. No side effects suffered.

Or it could be just that art style that made her look very mature in this new artwork.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's also worth remembering that XW didn't use Levels, let alone as life stages, and thus depicted Digimon aging like humans.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well, she's a Perfect which is after being an Adult... so she's no Rookie, i tell ya!
Hahahaha nice. Genius reply. I didn't see the pun.
My bad hahaha I meant Adult (human phase/age) not Adult (Digimon level). I shouldn't have capitalized the A, seems ambiguous.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hahahaha nice. Genius reply. I didn't see the pun.
My bad hahaha I meant Adult (human phase/age) not Adult (Digimon level). I shouldn't have capitalized the A, seems ambiguous.
nah, it was obvious by the context, don't worry