Reference Book Refreshing Xros Wars Digimon with Levels & Attributes

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Armor levels remains unchanged for all eternity. Because they evolved with Digi-Eggs in unique evolutions. Also their power levels can be compared to certain levels in Cyber Sleuth series and other games. Well their other purposes are to be "common" wildlife animal species in digital nature...

Hybrids... Well it's better to leave them alone unchanged. Power levels are depending on whatever they put even if it's odd like Duskmon or leaving fusions out in Next Order. But it's good thing they gotten some game appearances but minus.... Only Agnimon and Wolfmon's evos are allowed to.

For Xros levels to get levels. The results doesn't make it better because No Levels "fits" Xros fusion with any levels to one shot for no reasons/nonsense. If they got "official" levels, their power levels will be ever bizarre to discuss over. I can imagine some people cockily are happy with their favorite Xros digimon like Yup Shoutmon is my favorite because he defeated Mammon and other higher levels cuz he is No Level or Child ether way.

For that purpose to ensure Xros Digimon to get new cards in new Digimon 2020 cards and future games but that is quite... awfully tons of Xros fusions getting "official" levels like what, over 200 in total?

I hope they don't include all other Ultimate or lower level non-Xros Digimon who were Xros'ed fusion. Just all Xros (No Levels) digimon can be just included with other Xros ones in Xros fusion to get levels is enough.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If all they’re doing is updating the reference book as is, there’s maybe 20 or so different DigiXros forms to deal with, maybe 30, and most of those are derived from Shoutmon. So just those, a number of XW Digimon, some XW redesigns, and that’s it. That’s around 50 or so entries that would need to be updated? I’m not the best at estimating lol.

Anyways, this is great news to me. It’s always nice to see different corners of the franchise get some attention, and this move is exactly what’s needed for that to happen. Here’s hoping we see something cool in the TCG. If Great Legend (BT04) is in part a neat little reference to the “Legend Xros Wars” theme, that would be really cool.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are currently 82 Xros Wars Digimon in the Reference Book, 24 of which are DigiXrosed forms.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's something to consider: is it possible for a DigiXros to actually DECREASE at least one of the Digimon's stages? I think DragonBallZ has shown us that not all fusions are guaranteed to be a greater sum of its parts, with some cases going horribly wrong (fat and skinny Gotenks, anyone?). With that in mind, would something like JijiShoutmon be a guaranteed Ultimate just because Jijimon is part of the Xros (albeit a very weak Ultimate, much like Jijimon itself)? Or would it and the (supposedly) Child-level Shoutmon cancel out and end up at a stage somewhere in between?

as somebody who has Coronamon -> Apollomon as their partner Digimon and has Xros Wars as their least favorite Digimon anime, I really like Whispered. It takes the Digimon recolor trope and makes it a mode change rather than a seperate individual and I love that, especially since it has context as a corruption that Apollomon can't get rid of that naturally creates conflict as a result, giving a lot of depth to his character
And with Xros Wars Digimon getting attributes now, it'd be so easy to just correlate Apollomon Whispered to being a Virus-type Apollomon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's something to consider: is it possible for a DigiXros to actually DECREASE at least one of the Digimon's stages? I think DragonBallZ has shown us that not all fusions are guaranteed to be a greater sum of its parts, with some cases going horribly wrong (fat and skinny Gotenks, anyone?). With that in mind, would something like JijiShoutmon be a guaranteed Ultimate just because Jijimon is part of the Xros (albeit a very weak Ultimate, much like Jijimon itself)? Or would it and the (supposedly) Child-level Shoutmon cancel out and end up at a stage somewhere in between?

as somebody who has Coronamon -> Apollomon as their partner Digimon and has Xros Wars as their least favorite Digimon anime, I really like Whispered. It takes the Digimon recolor trope and makes it a mode change rather than a seperate individual and I love that, especially since it has context as a corruption that Apollomon can't get rid of that naturally creates conflict as a result, giving a lot of depth to his character
And with Xros Wars Digimon getting attributes now, it'd be so easy to just correlate Apollomon Whispered to being a Virus-type Apollomon.
I don't think there's any chance "JijiShoutmon" would be Mega lol

and I think Apollomon Whispered remaining Vaccine would be better for diveritisty. There's not many like that - only Cherubimon evil, Ophanimon FM, and Shine Ruin mode really. we have a million dark virus digimon

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon World 2's Evolution logic Hmm let's wait and see.

Maybe it will say something about weakened power attack or not. I doubt if getting a real Ultimate or Perfect level to Xros fuse to keep same levels just because Xros ones will stay their levels this way? Eh not interested in this.

Peppermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Xrossed Digimon could be in a specific level, such as armors are

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Armor levels remains unchanged for all eternity. Because they evolved with Digi-Eggs in unique evolutions. Also their power levels can be compared to certain levels in Cyber Sleuth series and other games. Well their other purposes are to be "common" wildlife animal species in digital nature...
Not necessarily. In Sagittarimon's case, it is specifically mentioned that a Centarumon may evolve into it without the Digi-Egg and does NOT count as Armor evolution, so it would make sense for any other 'armor' Digimon to evolve in such manners, and what level would they be in such cases?

Also, Digi-Eggs are supposed to be rare, so why would 'armor' Digimon be the "common wildlife animal species"?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah yet evolving to Sagittarimon whose is Armor level doesn't seem to be very powerful. Unless if it might be like that Digmon in Savers maybe?
It seemed to be more of "Mutant" slide evo to me. Just that vibe. Few Armor profiles have weird and bizarre mentions like Pucchiemon Green, Ponchomon, GoldV-dramon, etc.

Well ask Tamers, Frontier, Savers, Xros, and even Adventure 2020, why multiple clones of Armor levels? Were there like Digi Egg farms or what?

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well it depends for me. If they make it a 'corrupted form' that actually has a differing bio and such, then yeah, sure, go for it, could be cool.

If it's just a recolor. Just let it be. Not worth it.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah yet evolving to Sagittarimon whose is Armor level doesn't seem to be very powerful. Unless if it might be like that Digmon in Savers maybe?
It seemed to be more of "Mutant" slide evo to me. Just that vibe. Few Armor profiles have weird and bizarre mentions like Pucchiemon Green, Ponchomon, GoldV-dramon, etc.

Well ask Tamers, Frontier, Savers, Xros, and even Adventure 2020, why multiple clones of Armor levels? Were there like Digi Egg farms or what?
Tbf you could prob use the same digi egg on 1000 Digimon at once lol. Like use it on the first veemon, then the second veemon, then the third etc.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tbf you could prob use the same digi egg on 1000 Digimon at once lol. Like use it on the first veemon, then the second veemon, then the third etc.
I mean, Savers all but states that. Something like 90% of Saberleomon's Army were a bunch of Armors, and some of them were low-Perfect level in terms of power even. It's likely he had a few Digimentals lying around and mass evolved a bunch of things.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I want more than anything is for these new levels to be balanced around future game mechanics, not the anime's mechanics. For example, x5 does not need to be stronger than a Demon Lord in all his appearances. Perfect would be fine for future games. OmegaShoutmon doesn't need to be stronger than Omegamon, just state that he inherited a portion of his power (almost like a reverse Meicoomon.). I just need the anime's power levels to be ignored for the sake of future balance. Most of the Xrosed forms will have to be Ultimates if they don't.

I've got a weird feeling Dondokomon is going to be a Perfect though.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I want more than anything is for these new levels to be balanced around future game mechanics, not the anime's mechanics. For example, x5 does not need to be stronger than a Demon Lord in all his appearances. Perfect would be fine for future games. OmegaShoutmon doesn't need to be stronger than Omegamon, just state that he inherited a portion of his power (almost like a reverse Meicoomon.). I just need the anime's power levels to be ignored for the sake of future balance. Most of the Xrosed forms will have to be Ultimates if they don't.

I've got a weird feeling Dondokomon is going to be a Perfect though.
Agree with this.
To add some points, I think it doesn't have to be ignored. It's okay to have an anime (a story in general) where a lower level digimon defeated a higher level one. There have always been unique cases in many digimon media till now, whether it's from the profile or the in-universe canonicity. And in Xros Wars case, it was obvious about how the evolution works in that era. It's its uniqueness.

Yeah I feel Dondokomon would be a perfect Perfect.
A Mamemon-like representative in Xros Wars.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like they should just keep the Xros Wars level for Digimon like Shoutmon X5, etc, tbh. Those guys are such a massive headache - it'll be interesting to see what they do with it. Surely they can't have everything after X3 be a Mega. I'd say after X4, but Beelzemon 2010 is part of Shoutmon X4B. At least then you can handwave that Shoutmon X4 can be Mega if you want, but Champion if you want, etc, if it's Xros Wars level.

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I don't mind Appomons getting new lvls especially that they already have a similar ones with just different names. Also, it doesn't mean that adding them a new lvls will cause them to lose their current lvls - they can still have them within their own season.

Geode

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't forget panbachimon.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And Digimons from Xros Wars manga...