Recreating Digimon Event Menu Items and General Digimon-related Food & Drink Thread

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Recreating Digimon Event Menu Items and General Digimon-related Food & Drink Thread

Since the Second Ani-On Station thread was getting a tad overpopulated with these, I made a thread here for all the Digimon event menu items recreated by fanboys and fangirls, and a general discussion for all the Digimon-related food and drink (with consent from MarcFBR of course).
Rn I myself have attempted only two of the drinks from the Ani-On Station Cafe, and both have turned out delicious, though with some suggestions to myself from my own side that could make them better.
First up, Gabumon's Guzzling Blue Milk
Image Thumbnail
For this one, I followed Xan's advice (and also that of Marc), and first added (non-alcoholic) Curacao Bleu at the very bottom of the glass, then topped off with a lot of ice, and finally, filled the rest of the glass slowly with milk. I didn't add any sweeteners or sugars, in line with what Xan did, and the cream on top is fresh cream that my mom tried to whip. I forgot to buy blueberries, although I doubt I could find them in this part of India. In general, I found that the more Curacao I add, the tastier this drink gets. It's all about the 'Bleu' blast at the bottom of the glass of the milk, hence the name.
Next, Agumon's Rumbling Mango Yogurt
Image Thumbnail
Tried to follow Xan's advice and first added a bit of milk at the bottom, then added ice, topped with yogurt, which I probably overdid, and then at around the quarter-to-end mark, I added mango juice slowly, sometimes using the back of a spoon to reduce the width of the spout of juice. In hindsight, I should have been more circumspect with the yogurt, and added in a lot more of mango juice. I also should have probably tried to mix the milk and yogurt layers first. So, what do you guys think? Have you tried any of the dishes/recipes off the Ani-On Cafe menu, or any generally Digimon-related food or drink? Post your tips and/or pics in this thread.

AquaVersus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven't been to any of these restaurants/events and I don't even know what the drinks and food look like; therefore, I have nothing to really base my opinions on beyond what I'm seeing here. They both look really good! I'd gladly drink them.

It doesn't look like there are ice/milk segments. You did a good job making the colorless parts of the drink (ice, milk, yogurt) blend seamlessly even if you didn't actually mix anything.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It doesn't look like there are ice/milk segments. You did a good job making the colorless parts of the drink (ice, milk, yogurt) blend seamlessly even if you didn't actually mix anything.
Thanks! I appreciate your compliments, but there was actually a really big chunk of the drink that just became a yogurt segment, with which the milk sort of mixed. If I'd have added more mango juice, it would have been easier to drink.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These are interesting that we actually could make them. Plus like I said, these look very close to what they look like in the picture.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All right. Cafe 3 has their menu items up. Can someone help me recreate meikos? Can i even recreate out?
Obviously we don't know exact details, but here is what I would do to recreate it based on current information...

Mix some orangeaid (or orange Kool-Aid) into Apple Cider (a squirt or two of a liquid concentrate from one of those super tiny bottles you use to flavor water would likely work well.)

Mix in some mango jelly (any slightly thick and sweet mango flavored liquid should work in a pinch.)

That's the primary element of the drink (and obviously add lots of ice.)

As for the top...

Add some whipped cream (and have it flat on top) and a mint leaf or two.

The green pearls are sugar decorations, you could likely find something roughly close in a bakery section, but if you can't find it, I'd say small and sugary with crunch should be fine (or even sprinkles if you want to stretch it a bit.) It's worth mentioning that element doesn't seem to appear in the photo. The version they use appears to be these. Shin had left that for me in some translation notes while we were working on the article.

Then draw on Meicoomon's design with chocolate syrup. They don't actually mention if it's chocolate syrup, something like a raspberry or blackberry syrup might match the drink flavors better.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't think I'd ever see catering advice on here

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't think I'd ever see catering advice on here
I have many talents.

Overall it doesn't surprise me, people like to feel close and connected to shows and characters. While many of the drinks and foods on the various menus don't appeal to me, if I can help someone come up with a semi-accurate recipe so they can try something that was made for the franchise, it's not a bad thing.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like Marc here mentioned, making the Meiko drink doesn't seem to be such a daunting task after all. Although I doubt I can find sprinkles around where I live. As for the other drinks, minus the sprinkles and monaka, Sora's and Takeru's drinks seem to be the easiest to make. I'm gonna be trying these after I go home for the long break.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mix some orangeaid (or orange Kool-Aid) into Apple Cider (a squirt or two of a liquid concentrate from one of those super tiny bottles you use to flavor water would likely work well.)
I forgot, it's Japanese Cider, which is a type of soda.

A weak ginger ale, Sprite, or 7up should work.

Also, small warning to anyone... remember that some things when put into carbonated sodas can cause the drink to bubble.... so you might want to test with your flavoring of choice outside.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So then, would orange squash and 7-Up be acceptable substitutes?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So then, would orange squash and 7-Up be acceptable substitutes?
Looking at what orange squash is since I'm not familiar with it (it appears to be a basic orange drink concentrate) I'd say that'd be something perfect to use.

And the 7-Up should be a good substitute for the Japanese Cider soda drink.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alright, thanks. I guess I'm gonna be trying out Meiko's drink too when I get home. Expect pics around June.