Recent Digimon Purchases

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I noticed that while we have a 'Recent Gaming Purchases' thread we don't have one relating to Digimon purchases (unless I missed it).
I always want to yell into the horizon whenever I make a Digimon purchase so I might as well yell it in a direction that might care.
I'm also curious about what other people in this forum are buying.

So I recently bought a D-Ark version 1.5 (Li's colour, I'm trying to purchase all released D-Arks), Our War Game Omegamon (finally put down a preorder at figurine store in Australia. I think I got the last preorder they had), two mini flyers from teh Our War Game screening, and I put a preorder down for the Gabumon headphones.

So what about everybody else? :eek:

Last edited:

Kovokashi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is such a nifty idea!

A bit jealous you got Li's D Ark as his was always my favourite (I only have red versions of the 3 different types)

Recently bought a Japanese D3 (V-Mon one) from a wonderful person on this forum.

Also having a couple plushies me for me (Botamon and Mamemon) as they're things I need that do not exist!

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've gone a little crazy lately, since I discovered that buying from Japan directly (well, via a proxy service) actually allows you to find better deals than on ebay (some of the time, anyway). Just today I got a version 1 D-Scanner, and I've been having some fun with that. :p Also bought a Mini V1 not long ago, and got a Pendulum Progress V2 for really cheap about the same time. Although they were pretty good deals, my bank account is still whimpering just a bit... ^^'

Kovokashi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Gigamon23 what service do you use to buy from Japan? I've been looking around and the ones I've seen slap a few charges on things for no real reason.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Gigamon23 what service do you use to buy from Japan? I've been looking around and the ones I've seen slap a few charges on things for no real reason.
That's what proxy services do. They spend the time and effort to get products you can't and charge you for it.

Your average proxy service charges a fee, either percentage or flat, on top of the products entire price, along with a shipping charge to your location.

Many also offer a hold service at a fee (so you can have multiple things shipped at once to try and save on shipping.)

Because of this you end up paying...

The MSRP (since many of the items you'd use a proxy service for are exclusive items that stores charge MSRP for.)
Japanese Tax (the item has to be shipped inside of Japan, so you get hit for that.)
Shipping from the exclusive store to the proxy service.
The proxy service's fee based on the price of the item.
Hold service (if you want it held.)
Shipping to you from the proxy service

I've yet to see a reputable proxy service just throw fees on for 'no real reason'

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, hoping I snag those tag/digivice gashapon I wanted on Y!JP auctions, but I did get a Matt/TK bag from Australia for $3.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Recently ordered the trifecta of Tri singles, and the Adventure movies DVD from CDJapan. The latter was kind of an unplanned impulse buy but oh well :D

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Kovokashi -- I use Buyee, primarily shopping on Yahoo Auctions. MarcFBR is right, there are fees attached. You'll want to read the fine print before you choose them, but basically they have you pay for the domestic (from seller to their facility), and international (from them to you) shipping. They also charge a service fee that's 10% of your total purchase, or 250 yen if its under a certain amount. I generally try to keep purchases as cheap as possible because the shipping costs a lot. The service is reasonably good, but I've heard of people having issues trying to get them to combine shipping, so there's that to consider.

PlaidSlurpee

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to admit I've gone a little crazy with the purchases lately since Tri came out! I recently bought a D-Arts WarGreymon figure, he's still in his box and I probably won't open him until I get my own place. I also pre-ordered a few G.E.M series figures and currently waiting on my metal crests and Charawatch's to arrive

ThunderDramon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Scored me a Digimon Animated Series Booster Box a few days ago in Chinatown, just waiting on exams and the like to be over so I can open the sucker and got a few more cards coming in the mail. Hoping to start up a collection binder filled with favorites or holos from various Digimon TCGs and other games since my regular trade binder is getting full. Also waiting on the Complete Selection Animation Digivice to start shipping, hopefully it'll be here before New Years.

Nachtier

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My recent purchases are an IC 20X and japanese vpets versions 1, 2 and 3. Hopefully postage doesn't take too long. I picked one of the worst times of year for shopping online to get back into digimon.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just got the Charatch watch with the blue shell for about $30. No strap but I didn't want it anyway. Also snagged the Taichi/Yamato signboard for a decent price, finally.

Duplicated

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Kovokashi -- I use Buyee, primarily shopping on Yahoo Auctions. MarcFBR is right, there are fees attached. You'll want to read the fine print before you choose them, but basically they have you pay for the domestic (from seller to their facility), and international (from them to you) shipping. They also charge a service fee that's 10% of your total purchase, or 250 yen if its under a certain amount. I generally try to keep purchases as cheap as possible because the shipping costs a lot. The service is reasonably good, but I've heard of people having issues trying to get them to combine shipping, so there's that to consider.
Might I suggest giving FromJapan a try? IIRC, I did a a research on various proxy services, and FJ came out to be the cheapest with lots of shipping options, while Buyee was almost unanimously voted to be among the worst. I don't recall the numbers off the top of my head, but you could do a quick googling to confirm what I said.

That being said, I just got another Pendulum 1.5 to add to my collection. Still looking to bid on a few other things, as well.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll second FromJapan. Cheapest by far although reviews are mixed on service. Also, if you happen to collect doujinshi, that can be problematic with FJ.

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just got a Mini V2 today! (Also a Genjintchi and Umino Tamagotchi. I got a good deal on all three from Yahoo! Japan Auctions.) Looking at getting a black Original V2, as well, which is by far the best shell color for the originals! ^^' If I don't get it, it's okay though. My bank account won't complain. XP