Re:Digitize Decode Updates and Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think so... I already came to know, through discussions here, that those connect and at the same time conflict with the main series, so you can't think of them as an equivalent to Pokémon: The Origin...

Digimon World / Digimon World Re: Digitize could fit that bill better...
Pity. Would've been awesome.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suppose a new series is possible. December has long been the month when the upcoming series in two of Toei’s biggest franchises, SUPER SENTAI and PRECURE, get their first publicity dumps in preparation for February-ish debuts — and Toei has always wanted DIGIMON to be such a perennial franchise, so pushing them at the same time (albeit in different mags) makes sense.. That being said, I’m very leery of insinuating too much from the term ‘big announcement’: it can mean — and has meant — anything, including shit that never reaches us Westerners on the other side of the world, like most of the video games in the past five years. I think we may have had just such a portentous announcement (which turned out to be nothing) in the last two years; and I’m certain that it recently befell some other franchise that I follow, although I can’t recall which. For example, the big announcement could just be the completion of the Olympus Twelve; we’re due for Junomon any month now, after all. It could be a ×ros Wars movie, which is about the most agreeable possibility besides a new series, since standalone films like X-Evolution don’t really do it for me with this franchise.

If DIGIMON’s rumoured four-year cycle has any more veracity than reading a plate of chicken bones — which it very well may not, but I am in my heart of hearts an exceedingly superstitious man — then one might argue that we have another year to wait. On the other hand, Kaén has a point about it being desirable to premiere a new series during Adventure’s fifteenth anniversary, and you could alternatively interpret the stars as saying that because because ×ros Wars started late and Hunters was a last-minute addition, we are still on schedule for an early 2014 series. Then again, if you were to determine, somehow, that Hunters doesn’t count but ×ros Wars’ late start does, then you could conclude that we’re due for a series in late 2014, which would still be hailed as an anniversary celebration. I will say this: the first Saint Seiya Ω series replaced Hunters, and its sequel, currently airing, should end in late March as both its predecessor and Hunters did. Mayhap DIGIMON shall reclaim that which was taken from it; Saint Seiya seems fairly popular, but I’m not sure how much juice it has in it for the long haul.

Toei, if I'm not mistaken, is classing the U.S. as a 'primary viewing market' along with Japan. According to Wikipedia, Savers premiered on April 2nd, 2006 and ended on March 25th, 2007 in Japan. The Savers dub (Data Squad) premiered in the U.S. on October 1st, 2007 and ended on November 1st, 2008. Over a year later, Xros Wars premiered on June 21st, 2010 and Young Hunters ended on March 25th, 2012. The Xros Wars dub premiered in North America on September 7th, 2013, over a year after Young Hunters ended.

If those dates are correct, it implies that Toei has waited to see how well Savers did in the U.S. before they decided to make another Digimon series. If that's the case, and they do the same thing with Xros Wars and Young Hunters, we may only get an announcement of a new Digimon series in 2015 or 2016.
I dunno about all that bro. It could indicate that Toei was waiting to see how it performed in the States, but it could also mean a lot of other things. In particular, ‘primary viewing market’ (do you have a source?) sounds like a general term, not an absolute one; just because Toei keeps an eye on the American success of some of their series doesn’t mean they plan all of them with the gaijin in mind, and DIGIMON has always been known as a cheap Pokemon ripoff over here.

Frankly, I’m sceptical about the odds of any possible outcome. A new series announcement would be the best Christmas present imaginable, but I’ve been disappointed far too many times to get up my hopes too much.

CyberDramon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno about all that bro. It could indicate that Toei was waiting to see how it performed in the States, but it could also mean a lot of other things. In particular, ‘primary viewing market’ (do you have a source?) sounds like a general term, not an absolute one; just because Toei keeps an eye on the American success of some of their series doesn’t mean they plan all of them with the gaijin in mind, and DIGIMON has always been known as a cheap Pokemon ripoff over here.
I remembered hearing it somewhere. So I decided to look for a source.

An internet search brought me to my own website (check the post from April 26th, 2008).

"Why did this happen? Originally, Andrew Lupp said that whether or not Digimon would get 'restarted' as a card game depended on whether or not 'season 5' of the anime got licensed. Savers got licensed (called Data Squad), and still there was no 'restart' of Digimon as an English card game. I strongly believe this is because Bandai America felt that a card game needed an anime on the air to help keep the popularity up (Digimon CCG was released without an anime, and despite the size of the fanbase and the number of accounts on their message board, the ccg didn't have enough sales to justify it's existence. Digi-Battle, as far as I know, at least made a profit).

But Data Squad was on the air, so why did this happen? Because Data Squad was the only series announced. Due to the rising costs of producing animation in Japan, several Japanese companies have teamed up with American companies and class the U.S. as a 'primary viewing market' for the anime (before, Japan made anime for Japan and had other countries as an afterthought). The Japanese companies are doing this because they feel that they can make extra money from teaming up with U.S. companies, and having the anime aired in the U.S., because it gives the Japanese companies more money to offset the cost of making the anime. So with Digimon, they were cautious: The concept of Savers was much like Adventure 01 (and I believe the name was a pun with the series meant to 'save' the franchise; they had enough optimism not to name it 'final fantasy'), and they first aired Savers in Japan to gauge the interest of the Japanese audience. Then, Toei (yes, Toei, not Disney) had Savers dubbed as Data Squad for airing in the U.S. In my opinion, whether or not we see another Digimon anime (anytime soon) would depend directly on Data Squad getting good ratings in the U.S., and the products selling well."

But that's not exactly a 'source,' so I kept searching and found a WtW thread from 2007:
http://withthewill.net/archive/index.php/t-3508.html

In it, there is an ANN poll (that was apparently brought to WtW's attention by me), and Lost and I exchange comments. I was the first one to mention that Toei 'seems to be' classing the U.S. as a primary viewing market.

I searched more, but couldn't find an exact source (but we're talking about something from 5 years ago). Maybe I read between the lines and drew a conclusion, or maybe it's something that a Bandai America employee told me. Either way, I don't have a verifiable source.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The volume is called "Foment", the same title as chapter 1. Okay, why does every Digimon manga have the first volume with the same name as the first chapter?
Given that Rina is on the cover, I assume the volume goes at least until chapter 6, which ws her first appearance according to Rainmon.

Regarding chapters, I can't even find the titles online. It seems the only options left are 2ch and Baidu, however, 1) I have no idea how to navigate 2ch, 2) Baidu is Chinese and I have no idea how to read it, nor am willing to try at the moment.
Other than that, all I can is Google デジモンワールドリ:デジタイズエンコード together with 議論 or 第5章 and hoping to find something while having no idea of what is written in the results or time to translate everything.

We would need help of someone who knows enough Japanese to know how to search or someone who knows the Japanese part of the Internet. The best I can think of are Kriffix from PokéJungle and e9310103838 from Serebii, however, 1) I don't know if Kriffix knows any Japanese Digimon fansites, and the only ways I could contact him are PokéJungle's comments, which at this point would require for him to notice my comment in the middle of thousands, since now PokéJungle's news always hit 1000 comments in less than a day, and PokéBeach forum PM, but I'm not willing to create a PokéBeach account just for this; and 2) e9310103838 is Taiwanese and speaks in broken English, sometimes so broken it becomes impossible to understand he/she says, but I only remember this happening once or twice.
Alternatively, I could try to see if there's something in any Portuguese-language site.

Kaen has the jumps, but can't scan atm. Vol 1 is needed for the missing chapter as well.
Or... we could just ask Kaen to describe what is happening. What happened with the missing chapter again?
Also, out of curiosity, the reason she can't scan, are time constraints, or is her scanner broken?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That cover looks really nice. We have 6 human characters on there. Too bad this isn't an anime huh. heh

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The stuff was by the way under the info box for the other Vol. 2 gard game set.
Aw, piss! (Kicks a chair over.) I just took a look at the scan and saw how close it was to the card game subsection: it was right at the bottom of it, its two lines of text straddling the lower border. That placement makes it look more like something to do with the card game than with the franchise in general. Even given the upcoming anniversary, it could easily be a special Adventure-inspired scenario or something like that. Dammit.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When does jump usually come out? I forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.