MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re:Digitize Decode Updates and Manga

Some random updates on Decode.

We now know who the silhouette is, a new character named Rina, who will have V-mon as a partner. Rina will be voiced by Haruka Tomatsu, known for playing many characters, but probably best known as Nagi from Kannagi, and Lala from To Love Ru.

Image Thumbnail

There will also be an (ongoing?) Decode manga in V-Jump starting next month.

Thanks to Exiled and Rain for the various information.

This will also be the new Decode discussion topic.

The prior topic can be found here http://withthewill.net/threads/1287...l-V-Jump-Update-Re-Digitize-Decode-3DS/page12 (linked one page from the end because a new page had just started)

digitalx

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm confused as to what this is. Is it a sequel or an update?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm confused as to what this is. Is it a sequel or an update?

It appears to be 'remake with new stories.' I'm not sure if it's been made 100% clear if the 2 new stories (each of which seems to be as long as the original game?) take place in the midst of the elements of the original game, or after.

I think that's about as much as we know on that subject, but I'm not sure on it.

If that's right, an updated version of the original game with a sequel or so worth of new material.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well... Er... As expected from Yasuda's design. =^^=;;

Other than that, glad to see that V-mon made it as one of the playable Digimon. It was personally a bit of downer of his absence in the original PSP port, despite making an appearance in its anime opening.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is that girl wearing?

I'm hoping they do something new with the Demon Lords since they've already done their storyline twice previously and most of them have taken major roles in either the anime or the manga. Maybe they could have Ogudomon make a surprise appearance since it would be the first time outside of the card game it'd be involved with them.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny thing is there's faded red print across the middle of the scan & the left side reads "BRA". XD XD XD XD XD

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To confirm, I'm not getting V-Jump to do scans/manga stuff as I have done in the past. So hopefully someone else will pick it up.
Well, if nobody else does it, I guess I can. But I will get the V-Jump belated, as I will buy it from the normal japanese bookstore and they normally don't have it till about one week or so after it is released in Japan.

Dante

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I'm not mistaken, isn't the 3DS region locked? If so... Looks like anybody that wants this will be buying a Japanese 3DS.

Nice to see V-mon as a playable Digimon. Maybe we'll get more Digimon than juts V-mon for this release.

Tamer Frankie

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the other thread, a link leads to a site with info about the game. Should be 160 playable digimon. The original had 87, so it's almost double.

And if you need a japanese 3ds, that'd really stink. That just makes me hope it'll be sold outside of Japan even more. Since Re: Digitized is getting a new upgraded game, I'd think it did well, so maybe that factoring in with the dubbing of Xros Wars will help it get released outside of Japan.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the other thread, a link leads to a site with info about the game. Should be 160 playable digimon. The original had 87, so it's almost double.

And if you need a japanese 3ds, that'd really stink. That just makes me hope it'll be sold outside of Japan even more. Since Re: Digitized is getting a new upgraded game, I'd think it did well, so maybe that factoring in with the dubbing of Xros Wars will help it get released outside of Japan.

IDK, people are clamoring for all these games to be made in English. While I do to, I can't help but feel like since Xros Wars is being dubbed it's their games that are going to be made in English & nothing else. And if we were to get anything else I'd think we'd get Digimon Adventure (PSP) since it has tie-ins w/ the crossover in Hunters. Re: Digitize & Decode English dubs don't seem possible, atleast to me.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: Digitize & Decode English dubs don't seem possible, atleast to me.

Re:Digitize Decode being localized within the next year, year and a half seems like one of the likeliest things I can imagine happening at this point in the franchise.

Tamer Frankie

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

IDK, people are clamoring for all these games to be made in English. While I do to, I can't help but feel like since Xros Wars is being dubbed it's their games that are going to be made in English & nothing else. And if we were to get anything else I'd think we'd get Digimon Adventure (PSP) since it has tie-ins w/ the crossover in Hunters. Re: Digitize & Decode English dubs don't seem possible, atleast to me.
I really hope that's not the case. So glad they returned to the gameplay found in Digimon World 1, I would hate for it not to get localized just because it doesn't have to do with Xros Wars. But based on the past, I could see your outcome coming true, but I hope Marc's prediction comes true.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Re:Digitize Decode being localized within the next year, year and a half seems like one of the likeliest things I can imagine happening at this point in the franchise.

How is that? There's not a whole lot that can promote it.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

How is that? There's not a whole lot that can promote it.

You could make the same argument for Championship and to a lesser extent the Story games when Savers/Data Squad came out over here. Re:Digitize also did have the Taichi, Sora and Takato make cameos as well as a lot of old favorite Digimon from previous seasons so they could always play that angle as well.

Last edited:

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You could make the same argument for Championship and to a lesser extent the Story games when Savers/Data Squad came out over here. Re:Digitize also did have the Taichi, Sora and Takato make cameos as well as a lot of old favorite Digimon from previous seasons so they could always play that angle as well.

Well Championship had the 10th Anniversary Digimon in it (Dracomon's line), so i can see it as maybe something special. That's a pretty big maybe though. As for the Story games, all the Data Squad Digimon were playable in them, Championship included. So that's why they were brought over here right before, during, & right after Data Squad's American run. Lost Evolution was lost (XD pun intended) due to being made in a point in time when Digimon was once again dead in the US. Re: Digitize & Decode don't include anything from Xros Wars (which is what's going to revive American interest in Digimon ATM) while Adventure (PSP) has some relevance to Xros Wars in the crossover.

Tamer Frankie

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But this is part of the fifteen years of Digimon, right?

Regardless, we all seem to hope it'll be localized. ^^

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do hope this question's not awkward or absurd in nature: Is it possible that Akiho and Rina's design could prove to be a significant obstacle if a western localization of this would indeed come to reality later on?

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well Championship had the 10th Anniversary Digimon in it (Dracomon's line), so i can see it as maybe something special. That's a pretty big maybe though. As for the Story games, all the Data Squad Digimon were playable in them, Championship included. So that's why they were brought over here right before, during, & right after Data Squad's American run. Lost Evolution was lost (XD pun intended) due to being made in a point in time when Digimon was once again dead in the US. Re: Digitize & Decode don't include anything from Xros Wars (which is what's going to revive American interest in Digimon ATM) while Adventure (PSP) has some relevance to Xros Wars in the crossover.

Well, we can't truly speak for Decode yet since they can add them in either as cameos or playable but I do see your point. I guess the angle I was more going for is that the Story games and especially Championship aren't that strongly tied to Savers aside from having those Digimon like Decode isn't that tied to Xros Wars.

Anyway, like Tamer Frankie said Decode does have the 15th anniversary thing going for it just like Championship did for 10th anniversary so they could play that angle, especially with the aforementioned cameos.

Last edited:

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There will also be an (ongoing?) Decode manga in V-Jump starting next month.

Ongoing could still just mean two chapters, like the last one. However, there’s nothing in this notice about chapter number, while there was for the previous manga. Man, it would be sweet if we could get another year-long manga when there isn’t even a show out. Best interim period ever.

I do hope this question's not awkward or absurd in nature: Is it possible that Akiho and Rina's design could prove to be a significant obstacle if a western localization of this would indeed come to reality later on?

Nah. If their outfits are deemed too scandalous, they’ll just edit some more clothes onto them, the way they scrub away all the swastikas in Pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.