Rate the Digimon Above You Game

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
10/10 much better presentation of prehistoric reptiles than Tyrannomon or Birdramon(yes, birds are technically reptiles) since this one does not have a human chest. Also the fins seem to have spots as opposed to being crippled by holes like to many Digimons often have.

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
9/10, classic. Score increased for providing plenty of Adventure's funniest and scariest moments.

Never trust an angel if you can see its eyes.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Birds are technically birds...

5/10 on Lucemon. Kid needs to wear more clothes, and the design's rather simplistic.

This next Digimon is brought to you by Wikimon's Random Page feature.

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think as a matter of simple English we mean different things when we say "bird" and "reptile," but there is this from the Wikipedia page on birds: "Birds are a group of feathered theropod dinosaurs, and constitute the only living dinosaurs. Likewise, birds are considered reptiles in the modern cladistic sense of the term, and their closest living relatives are the crocodilians." (Sorry for posting twice in close proximity, but wanted to clear up the bird thing)

6/10. Looks cool in motion, but is too close to MetalGarurumon for me.

Another Digimon courtesy of Wikimon's Random Page feature:

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
4/10 I just don't like the stitched mouth it is really impractical not to mention a overused design choice when it comes to Digimons.

Last edited:

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
1/10. Every day we stray further from God.

Belphemon Sleep Mode

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
7/10 I like the idea of a cute demonic Digimon however it could have looked a bit more dark despite being cute. As in give me some skull or bat symbols on that thing.

Anyway now somebody rate this.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
5/10 I love dinosaurs and it absolutely nails that for me but as somebody in the US who hates the cultural erasure and stereotypical caricature of natives, headdresses rub me the wrong way (Allomon X goes full force with its headdress) and I genuinely don't know how to feel about Allomon due to it :s it's a random aesthetic and provides absolutely no commentary on the people and Japanese designers I wholeheartedly believe had no bad intent but it's still a caricature

anyway here's Altur Kabuterimon

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of those lazy recolors. Wargreymon's design is awesome however be it is black or gold so a 5/10.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
10/10. Distinct despite being obviously modeled after the mascot, gets across the entire theme of its evolution line (and it's the best of them for that matter), emphasizes the "digital" look with that pixelated camouflage.

Dianamon

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit to spikey for my taste also I am not a fan of high heels 4/10.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
6/10 He looks cool and creepy, but the bottom-heavy proportions are a little too OTT for my tastes.

Last edited:

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
10/10 Bacchusmon is a comic relief character I can easily see being absolutely terrifying. I think the fact people underestimate him is the point and just adds to his power. Also being the god of partying is also just a cool concept. Major Fat Majin Buu from Dragon Ball vibes

continuing the Olympos XII theme I'm a bit hesitant to post my favorite but šŸ‘‰šŸ‘ˆ

@McGann how did you get such a high res image from Wikimon? My Apollomon is blurry :(

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit to similar to wargreymon not to mention a bit to over the top. However it is still not to bad so a 5/10.

Last edited:

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A low 8/10. Good, but a bit too straightforward.

Since I just finished playing Dusk, ExoGrimmon. (EDIT: changed the image to the in-game sprite per the comment below)

Last edited:

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
8/10 TBH, the profile art doesn't leave a big impression, but I've seen his in-game sprite, and he looks rad as hell!

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
9/10. Probably my favorite design as far as the Legend-Arms go, with Spadamon being the only competition.

Mr. first protagonist digimon itself, the capering monster Bun.

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Comical I give it a 7/10.