MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A small weekend update...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Artwork and a short profile for Rasenmon: Rage Mode was posted to Twitter by the ReArise account!

We're going with 'Rage' for the translation for gekiko for now until we find out what Bandai will use in the English translation of ReArise (something like Fury is also a likely translation)

Rasenmon: Rage Mode
At the time of it's evolution, the data of negative emotions flows in from others, and it can't control that dark power. This evil Ultimate level Digimon with nine tails acts as a destroyer that scatters destruction around with it's rage.

Hopefully we get the same for Erismon's other Ultimate soon!

Prior details about Rasenmon: Rage Mode can be found here.

Update- A larger profile translation from garm. It isn't mentioned where this is from, assuming it's in the game?

Ultimate/Bewitching Beast/Data
A ruthless, nine-tailed Ultimate level Digimon that became unable to control its dark power due to the large volume of negative emotion data that got mixed in while it was evolving from Perfect level. The moment its evolution is complete, its body comes under the full control of its rampaging power of darkness; what results is an entity of destruction that devastates all in its surroundings solely on impulse. It suffers from inner conflict stemming from its fear of and attempts to reject the swirling negative emotions inside of itself, which gave rise to its destructive impulses and subsequently its vicious personality.
Its Special Moves are extending its large, spiral-shaped tails and skewering the opponent over and over again (Desperate Vortex), and pouncing on the opponent, devouring their Digicore directly (Predator's Bite). Not only that, it is able to rotate the blades on its wrists at high speed, creating tornadoes that indiscriminately tear apart everything in their surroundings (Spiral Hell).

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It doesn't have the same as belphemon rage mode in Japanese though is the two words using different alphabet since Japan has two?

anyway I never thought we'd ever get an art work for him. This basically implies/confirms one of those secret v2 spots lol.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It doesn't have the same as belphemon rage mode in Japanese though is the two words using different alphabet since Japan has two?
Belphemon Rage Mode uses the English word "rage" (which is also a pun, since the Japanese pronunciation is the same for the English word "lazy"). Gekiko is a Japanese word meaning "rage."

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Belphemon Rage Mode uses the English word "rage" (which is also a pun, since the Japanese pronunciation is the same for the English word "lazy"). Gekiko is a Japanese word meaning "rage."
I just think if it was rage mode they'd use the same letters. Though they'll probably put him in next months DRB.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad it has received its own artwork and profile, I guess we'll get to know more about the nature of Spiral but ain't gonna lie it's my least favourite Digimon I can remember since Ordinemon, and that's a lot to say. I hope it grows up a little bit more on me. At least purified Rasenmon looks dope!

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa I like it. But he look like nothing like the hedgehog digimon. His thighs and arms look like the jester's costume. The full profile better explain about that skin appearance... TT TT

Togetak

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa I like it. But he look like nothing like the hedgehog digimon. His thighs and arms look like the jester's costume. The full profile better explain about that skin appearance... TT TT
I imagine they won't talk too much about the wireframe stuff, that part of the design comes from it's place within the story of rearise as the partner digimon merged with the spiral viruses that wander around as wireframe digimon, so I feel like it won't have much of a place in the null canon of the reference book. Same as hudiemon's name and design coming from a very specific story beat out of Hacker's Memory, but still being treated as a random generic entity by its profile

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i will keep calling it gekiko mode until we will get the official translation but still glad we got his artwork i guess since they reveal his profile right when he become playable in rearise we will probably get the profile of herissmon good mega once he will become playable as well

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rasenmon Gekikou Mode
Ultimate/Bewitching Beast/Data
A ruthless, nine-tailed Ultimate level Digimon that became unable to control its dark power due to the large volume of negative emotion data that got mixed in while it was evolving from Perfect level. The moment its evolution is complete, its body comes under the full control of its rampaging power of darkness; what results is an entity of destruction that devastates all in its surroundings solely on impulse. It suffers from inner conflict stemming from its fear of and attempts to reject the swirling negative emotions inside of itself, which gave rise to its destructive impulses and subsequently its vicious personality.
Its Special Moves are extending its large, spiral-shaped tails and skewering the opponent over and over again (Desperate Vortex), and pouncing on the opponent, devouring their Digicore directly (Predator's Bite). Not only that, it is able to rotate the blades on its wrists at high speed, creating tornadoes that indiscriminately tear apart everything in their surroundings (Spiral Hell).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. So It's called Rage but a different way of saying it. Not sure what it would be in English but maybe not helpful, I remember one way to say Fury is Goretsu. So I'd rather see the good form.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bewitching Beast type? Wow since Kyubimon and Youkomon last appeared.

Dark power, ruthless, negative emotion data, rampaging, destruction, fear, vicious personality = Data type. WUT??? That sounded like it's totally Virus type. Oh well at least it's very unique.

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing Rasenmon: Rage Mode's artwork made me think that it looks like a second level Nightmaren. In NiGHTS into Dreams... and NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, all but one of the bosses excluding the final boss are second level Nightmaren.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the larger profile translation to the news post.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't realize it has 9 tales. With its type as a bewitching beast I guess it's part kitsune in concept. That's pretty great. I liked older Digimon that were a mix of a few animals or non specific animals, like Elecmon.

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dark power, ruthless, negative emotion data, rampaging, destruction, fear, vicious personality = Data type. WUT??? That sounded like it's totally Virus type. Oh well at least it's very unique.
i'm pretty sure it's a data type because herissmon line is data
also skullbaluchimon fits most of what you said and he is data type as well

Last edited: