Ranting: Kazin Style

Kazin Kagari

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this looks like fun... and it'll help to vent due to me not having a Myspace, so, yeah.

Anyway, it's my birthday today (yay! n_n), and so far that's pretty cool. I'm celebrating by prepping an authentic japanese meal tomorrow for me and my folks who are coming down to visit for the weekend (See Topic: Miso).

I started my internship at a local restaurant two weeks ago, and it's pretty busy. I've already graduated from culinary academy, albeit four years ago, and even though it's not for a baking/pastry position, it's pretty fun. Though I do feel a little rusty.

I also just changed jobs. Right now I'm working as a teller at a bank. Full time; benefits; the whole thing. Life is good.

...at least better than my last job that got me a whole 6 hours a week...

I'm currently playing 'The World Ends with You' on my DS. One of the more unique RPG's I've seen. And very fun, though 'Ultimate' difficulty at times seems like an exercise in masochism.

And, evidently, I'm at 251 pounds as of today. I weighed 275 at the beginning of the year, and personally I thought I was losing weight at a really slow rate. Evidentially, I was wrong. Which is good, because I really really don't wanna get physical issues because I'm overweight.

Anyway, that's it for now. It feels good to just type and talk even though no one may read this. Lemme finish up with one of my favorite recipes for desserts, and very very simple too.

--Chocolate Ganache--
9 oz. Dark Chocolate (Chips, or broken into small pieces)
1 Cup Heavy Cream

Simply, just slow boil the cream, taking it off the heat immediately once it starts to scald (start to bubble around the edges). Immediately pour into a bowl containing the chocolate, and quickly fold them into each other. The result should be a delectable creamy dark chocolate without the edge that's normally persistent in it. Then take anything; cookies, fresh fruit, etc., and dip into said ganache. Or use it as a frosting. Either is good. It'll harden as it cools, and turn into a thick paste if it's stuck in the refrigerator. Just reheat in the microwave, stirring at intervals of 10 seconds so you don't burn the chocolate.

Expires in about a month, so use it fast! ^_^

Kazin Kagari

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... I go into training today for my new job and... they tell me I'm not supposed to be there. I'm not on the list, I'm not even hired technically, and I'm told I need to leave.

So, I'm wondering to myself right now, 'What the hell is going on?'

I was told that I was hired for the position, and then all of a sudden this happens. I called the employment representative, but of course seeing as it's the weekend, I get nothing.

I have to say that I'm a little worried. I absolutely need this new job, and for this to be thrown up all of a sudden freaks me out. I've been searching long and hard for the last 8 months to find a job that isn't mind-numbingly painful. Where I live, there aren't great employment opportunities, and I'm starting to get desperate.

Though my internship at my restaurant is still going good. It's only three nights a week and I'm not getting paid, but it's something in the right direction. I just need something that kind of brings in money... y'know?

Kazin Kagari

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good news -- it was just a fluke. My training was upped to next weekend, thus proving there is a kind and benevolent god after all.

Bad news -- I decided to go back and start playing Pokemon Diamond again in my futile quest to CATCH THEM ALL (which, btw, I've NEVER done... ever), only to find that somehow my save data has become corrupted, forcing me to start over.

Again.

Personally, I blame witches.