Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.5

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Parasaurmon might be the boring suggestion. Vegimon can work too but it's not really reptilian, just being a plain plant.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, this is a project that I've been working on for a bit, and sharing in the Discord server as I go along, but it was done with a view to sharing it here. In Digimon World 3, there is an internal collectible card game. There is no evolution in the card game per se, but if you play three or more of the same Digimon at once, it results in a "combo" that (temporarily? I haven't actually played it) gives you another Digimon, and many of these combos are clearly references to well-known evolution lines. Others are not evolutions that exist elsewhere in the franchise, but very well could. My idea was to make all these card evolutions into visual evolution trees, and you can see the results at the link below.

A few notes here. Getting a combo with a Child or Adult Digimon results in a Perfect Digimon (unless it's V-dramon, which combos to Imperialdramon). For simplicity's sake, I've combined all Digimon that share a combo form into the same branch of a tree. Example:

Agumon x3 = MetalGreymon
Greymon x3 = MetalGreymon
MetalGreymon x3 = WarGreymon
Full line: Agumon > Greymon > MetalGreymon > WarGreymon

Because of this setup, each tree ends in a single Ultimate (except in cases where a species gets multiple cards). The last image in the linked gallery shows all the Ultimates that are left out because of this; there weren't enough Digimon to evolve into them. Note also that there are a few oddities in the levels that Digimon are assigned:

BlackKingNumemon = Ultimate
BlackMegaloGrowmon = Ultimate
MarineDevimon = Adult
SuperStarmon = Ultimate

Finally, cards in the game are divided into six colors: White, Blue, Green, Red, Black, and Brown. The Digimon names in the images are color-coded, though I've changed some of the colors to make them easier to read/differentiate and to better match their counterpart colors in the Digimon Card Game. Specifically I changed White to Yellow, Black to Purple, and Brown to Gray. Digimon with two colors in their name are the ones that got two different cards representing them.

I've said enough for now, but I'd be interested to hear what comments everyone has to make on these "lost" evolutionary relationships!

I can definitely see the logic behind a lot of these, and you can see they put care on it by making references on working out why certain lines meet. This is really good reference and should definitely become reference entries among the usual evolution trees in the wikis. Thanks for doing these.

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want a perfect level digimon that can take down the throne of the prettiest digimon from Angewomon.

Angewomon is a perfect level digimon suitable for both male and female fans. They need a perfect level digimon that can beat Angewomon in that aspect.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, this is a project that I've been working on for a bit, and sharing in the Discord server as I go along, but it was done with a view to sharing it here. In Digimon World 3, there is an internal collectible card game. There is no evolution in the card game per se, but if you play three or more of the same Digimon at once, it results in a "combo" that (temporarily? I haven't actually played it) gives you another Digimon, and many of these combos are clearly references to well-known evolution lines. Others are not evolutions that exist elsewhere in the franchise, but very well could. My idea was to make all these card evolutions into visual evolution trees, and you can see the results at the link below.

A few notes here. Getting a combo with a Child or Adult Digimon results in a Perfect Digimon (unless it's V-dramon, which combos to Imperialdramon). For simplicity's sake, I've combined all Digimon that share a combo form into the same branch of a tree. Example:

Agumon x3 = MetalGreymon
Greymon x3 = MetalGreymon
MetalGreymon x3 = WarGreymon
Full line: Agumon > Greymon > MetalGreymon > WarGreymon

Because of this setup, each tree ends in a single Ultimate (except in cases where a species gets multiple cards). The last image in the linked gallery shows all the Ultimates that are left out because of this; there weren't enough Digimon to evolve into them. Note also that there are a few oddities in the levels that Digimon are assigned:

BlackKingNumemon = Ultimate
BlackMegaloGrowmon = Ultimate
MarineDevimon = Adult
SuperStarmon = Ultimate
I can understand why BlackMegaloGrowmon and BlackKingNumemon are both Ultimate in the card game because they are the Black Bosses, which I think are the group of Black Ultimate Bosses.

I can't find the reason for MarineDevimon and SuperStarmon.

I've said enough for now, but I'd be interested to hear what comments everyone has to make on these "lost" evolutionary relationships!
Thank you very much. This is really a good project. We can now get more evolutionary relationship from the mini game of the game.

I also like the way they set Blast Evolution in the game for Agumon specifically. Making Agumon is the only digimon in the game that blast evolves to its "secondary" line (the virus line) instead of its "main" line.
I like the fact they make a different virus line especially the Ultimate form for Agumon in World 3 and World 2.

Balanaex

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lvl 1 Ogre > Lvl 50 Lich > Lvl 100 Death God
23nDHWX.png

Parasaurmon might be the boring suggestion. Vegimon can work too but it's not really reptilian, just being a plain plant.
I decided to go with Chamelemon. It dosent have a poison ability or plant physiology but its reptilian appearance and green coloration works fine enough
bkW9sOi.png

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And this is why it sucks it came on its own, doomed to just become the same plants as everyone else and have no uniqueness of its own.

Nice for Weedmon, though. Just needs its own Mega it can call its own.

Kaleidos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And this is why it sucks it came on its own, doomed to just become the same plants as everyone else and have no uniqueness of its own.

That logic applies to literally every single Digimon that doesn't have a dedicated line and even then, the reverse logic applies instead where they're stuck just being shoehorned into their limited line and not being generic enough to branch out as easily.

gerocabral

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
43hArfh.png

A sort of paralel line to adventure Rosemon?I actually really like Yakiimon to Oleamon because of that purple coloration and it reminded me of Togemon to Lilymon,and then I just used Alraumon to paralel Palmon, I could have used Lotusmon for the Ultimate but BanchoLilimon looked kinda cool.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think adding Lilithmon to Oleamon is good option. Just because she can melt and lure the enemies.
And Lilithmon X, too.

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, if this is pokemon i will said Oleamon as Ghost-Plant type but we only have flying-plant, fairy-plant, poison-plant, dark-plant, earth-plant, water-plant, dragon-plant mega level.

Oleamon more suit the title "Ghost Game" than the protagonist. I mean Jellymon and Canoweissmon look like fit better for space theme.
OUKTCWX.png

oMIj0Gn.png

0S6Dikz.png

KmyxNVl.png

oIoWp0r.png

aG4jcq9.png

lines I thought for Oleamon

Hydranoid413

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m a fan of Witchmon > Oleamon > Rafflesimon, Witchmon even has a plant connection with the wooden broom

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mushmon - Dokugumon - Oleamon - Lilithmon X (Fungi prey on bugs and plants melt bugs and Lilithmon got butterfly wings)

Lalamon - Sunflowmon - Oleamon - Rafflesimon (Lady. Simple.)

Alraumon - Sunflowmon - Oleamon + Blossomon = Hydramon (Plant monster)

Lalamon - Togemon - Oleamon - Bloomlordmon (Face with no emotions and Faceless then mask to hide its face)

Mushmon - Sunflowmon - Oleamon - Rafflesimon (Terrible Smelliest digimon ever)

I think connecting up with Bacchusmon is interesting.

gerocabral

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
drCQFUv.png

I was thinking about Publimon when I remembered Indaramons shell,but if i wanted to put an adult level thinking about his shelll i would probably just use Shellmon,both kinda work tho!and Publimon also shares that lil prick energy with Indaramon.
j7CbM4C.png

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
drCQFUv.png

I was thinking about Publimon when I remembered Indaramons shell,but if i wanted to put an adult level thinking about his shelll i would probably just use Shellmon,both kinda work tho!and Publimon also shares that lil prick energy with Indaramon.
j7CbM4C.png
The oversized sleeves of Publimon's hoodie also resembles the arms of Indaramon. Good catch.

gerocabral

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
uqzWEfz.png

My digidestined kids setup
If you ask why I use Airdramon and Tuskmon instead of Coredramon Blue and Green,welp,I just like them better and think they're more interesting.
If you are annoyed by Baluchimon and Skullbaluchimon being here and not in the same line,I actually thought about the characters that owned them bieng brothers so it makes sense!
And yes,Ophanimon and Goddramon are meant to be making a paralelism with Seraphimon and Holydramon

tzMf5c0.png

Some dark evos along the history
yHxBmGl.png

Two jogress that could happen at some point,one that happens to save everyone and other that happens in a bad time to cause trouble(like Ordinemon)
NcdVmE1.png

Lore about the three main digidestined being guided by the four holy beasts and these giving them the power to evolve.
8D69ihx.png

A ninth digidestined with two Phascomon twins will eventually join the team,but will be a bad guy at the start.
YqV7zTr.png

The bad guys,after having a redemption arc Lotusmon will become Lilamon and Rosemon will become Babamon,they will aslo be able to evolve back to Lotusmon and Rosemon and then jogress(when Lilamon evolves to Lotusmon it will turn back to TeslaJellymon when she desdigievolves and when Lotusmon evolves to Rafflesimon it will turn back to Algomon Child,Rosemon will always turn back to Babamon since it is already a really power repressed form for her)(and I also know Babamon is Ultimate level but it's alongside Lilamon because even if she is Ultimate she will still evolve further into Rosemon)

Tell me what you think!
(and yes,the Dracomon line will not escape from the main character syndrome with a hundred evolution forms!)

Last edited: