Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.5

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Centaur Digimon!
kVULbM4.jpg

idk a good horse Rookie

I mentioned this in the design inspiration thread, but there is a possibility Patamon might be partially inspired by the eohippus, a type of proto-horse.

https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-designs-inspirations-influences.11699/post-421006

88IeHwm.jpeg

mpNQUAZ.png

A friend told me once about this animal, and it could explain why so many of Patamon evolutions - since it's debut - have been hooved mammals!

I don´t really see how Patamon could be based on this, they don´t really look alike, anything i´m missing?

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Centaur Digimon!
kVULbM4.jpg

idk a good horse Rookie

I mentioned this in the design inspiration thread, but there is a possibility Patamon might be partially inspired by the eohippus, a type of proto-horse.

https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-designs-inspirations-influences.11699/post-421006

88IeHwm.jpeg

mpNQUAZ.png

A friend told me once about this animal, and it could explain why so many of Patamon evolutions - since it's debut - have been hooved mammals!

I don´t really see how Patamon could be based on this, they don´t really look alike, anything i´m missing?

The small size, fur coloration and toes/nails. It was a suggestion my friend brought up of possible inspiration, given the many hooved mammals Patamon has been historically associated with since it's conception and through the years (very apparent in it's Digimental evolutions).

I admit is unlikely, but is one possibility I like. Of course Patamon's design is not supposed to resemble a real animal, specially given the bat-ears. And you could draw much simpler explanations of animals that most likely do inspire it's design, from small mammals like hamsters, rabbits and guinea-pigs to baby pigs and the like.

But basically this was the one (extinct) animal that has an association with horses and some resemblance. Given Patamon eventually got retconned with having genes of "ancient digimon" it's an even more fun connection.

So to recap: coat coloration and small size, ancient animal, connection to hooved mammals. Unlikely but fun.

gerocabral

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
aBDMQGm.png

A little line of ladies with winged heads I made out of boredomVenusmon would work fine too and Mastemon was also taken in consideration but I think Minervamon works best.
Edit:
3b6u7tn.png

I really liked Shutumon with Minervamon so I made a line just for them and used Shutumon as perfect level,and then I just went for ladies with a similar color scheme and yellow wings like Shutumon.

Last edited:

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Raijinmon look like Knightmon mix with Ankylomon feet, why this cannot be cannon?
booster8armadimon_november24_2021.jpg
fundigica46cards_7ankylomon_october3_2020.jpg
booster5knightmon_february3_2021.jpg
booster9raijinmon_january24_2022.jpg

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. Knightmon really does resemble Raijinmon quite a bit, especially about the face.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Raijinmon look like Knightmon mix with Ankylomon feet, why this cannot be cannon?
I always think in another story Knightmon is a good Perfect for Armadimon but never thought Raijinmon is the perfect Ultimate for the line. I love this.

shynely

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are there any options for Data Dragons (not necessarily Dramons) at the Perfect and Ultimate Levels, aside from Seadramons?

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are there any options for Data Dragons (not necessarily Dramons) at the Perfect and Ultimate Levels, aside from Seadramons?
depends on what you are looking for, these are probably the most draconic data-mons

Volcdramon, CrysPaledramon, Doruguremon, Ebidramon, Jazarichmon, SaviorHackmon
Bryweludramon, Cannondramon, Devitamamon, Dorugoramon, Dynasmon, Examon, Hexeblaumon, Huanglongmon, Metallicdramon, Jesmon, Qinglongmon

gerocabral

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always think in another story Knightmon is a good Perfect for Armadimon but never thought Raijinmon is the perfect Ultimate for the line. I love this.
I have mentioned before that Raijinmon is perfect for the Armadimon line,even with Shakkoumon!

jeqohuo.png

I truly think he is the perfect Ultimate for the line

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The sudden focus on electricity is a bit odd, but I guess if the focus is on the "thunder" aspect it works rather well for Ankylomon's mega.

gerocabral

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The sudden focus on electricity is a bit odd, but I guess if the focus is on the "thunder" aspect it works rather well for Ankylomon's mega.
I mean,we could argue it's maybe inspired by Tentomons line electric attacks,and Zudomons,both the crests of Codys diggiegs.
Also it would not be the first elemental switch in an anime line
Gabumon(fire)-Garurumon(fire)-WereGarurumon(fists)-MetalGarurumon(ice)
Gomamon(water)-Ikkakumon(water and fire?)-Zudomon(electricity)-Vikemon(ice)

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean,we could argue it's maybe inspired by Tentomons line electric attacks,and Zudomons,both the crests of Codys diggiegs.
You make very good points. Up until Tri, both Gomamon and Tentomon's lines had ended with electrical powers, so it would be a perfect reference.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You make very good points. Up until Tri, both Gomamon and Tentomon's lines had ended with electrical powers, so it would be a perfect reference.
Plesiomon and Vikemon don't use electric though?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He’s talking about Zudomon, which was Gomamon’s final form in the anime as of 02.

shynely

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
depends on what you are looking for, these are probably the most draconic data-mons

Volcdramon, CrysPaledramon, Doruguremon, Ebidramon, Jazarichmon, SaviorHackmon
Bryweludramon, Cannondramon, Devitamamon, Dorugoramon, Dynasmon, Examon, Hexeblaumon, Huanglongmon, Metallicdramon, Jesmon, Qinglongmon

I'm honestly surprised to hear that the Jesmon line are data.

Balanaex

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
3BSuksg.png

I've noticed similarities between these two such as:
-Singular eyes
-Centalmon's purple cyst being reminiscent of BEMmon
-Broken chains attached to their bodies
-Last but not least, cybernetic/bio-mechanical bodies

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have mentioned before that Raijinmon is perfect for the Armadimon line,even with Shakkoumon!

jeqohuo.png

I truly think he is the perfect Ultimate for the line
Yeah. Knightmon also has Crest of Hope which I think is very good connection for Shakkoumon.

And if we see Armadimon, Ankylomon, Shakkoumon, Knightmon, and Raijinmon, we can see the "round and ball" theme in all of them.

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even so it still falls under the theme "Tank/Steel/Defense". Like the Vikings it is still suitable for the water theme and other Gomamon line fit for ice theme too. And all Gabumon lines are snow-dwelling animals.

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Gabumon has been depicted in snowy environments in the TCG at least. Plus it can breathe fire so I'm sure it can keep itself warm somehow.