Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.5

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, when was Oboromon's profile art revealed!?
I wanna say the tie-in app for the Vital Bracelet/Hero got updated earlier today because the Dim cards are going to be released Monday at earliest.

Last edited:

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And according to the Dim cards, Espimon's evolution lines are.

Espimon > Hoverespimon > Digitamamon > Devitamamon or Black Deathmon
Espimon > Hoverespimon > Manticoremon > Devitamamon or Black Deathmon
Espimon > Hoverespimon > Pixiemon > Devitamamon or Bryweludramon

While in Ryudamon Dim, Oboromon digivolves from all 4 Champions but mainly Musyamon > Oboromon > Zanbamon or Ouryumon.

And finally Ginryumon or Dukugumon > Gyukimon > Zanbamon or Ouryumon

What are everybody's thoughts on these lines.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, when was Oboromon's profile art revealed!?
I wanna say the tie-in app for the Vital Bracelet/Hero got updated earlier today because the Dim cards are going to be released Monday at earliest.
Ah, I see.

The art is surprisingly simple. It almost looks like it didn't get the finishers yet.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

gerocabral

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lPTZHv1.png

Hoverespimon has a lil mousey face
XuH2TNP.png

And always thought Kumamon and Sheepmon looked similar to SaintGalgomon,and HoverEspimon also looks similar so why not three adults evolving into a Mega in a sort of Megazord way

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is pretty good.

ShinMonzaemon's brown color also reminds me of the Brown version of Bearmon.
I wonder if Espimon will end up being Monzaemon

Seeing people talk about Ruri and Lamortmon are Beauty and the Beast make me think "Will Lamortmon end up being a prince or knight digimon?"

I also curious if Jellymon's mega related with love story or something like that

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is pretty good.

ShinMonzaemon's brown color also reminds me of the Brown version of Bearmon.
I wonder if Espimon will end up being Monzaemon

Seeing people talk about Ruri and Lamortmon are Beauty and the Beast make me think "Will Lamortmon end up being a prince or knight digimon?"

I also curious if Jellymon's mega related with love story or something like that
This is actually a bit random but I guess Espimon will evolve to Surfimon in its Ultimate form.

And for Lamortmon, this is also baseless opinion but I'd love Lamortmon to evolve to a mini digimon like MarineAngemon.
So the slim but looks big digimon evolves to a slim, to a big, and to a mini.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would assume that if Espimon makes it past Adult it will get its own dedicated evolutions.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We already had both Monzaemon in GG, Monzaemon is a bear, not a hamster, and Espimon is clearly space-themed. They have nothing that suggests a connection.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That does work really well. ...We really need my idea for a big spider-lady Yokai monster. But good job there.
To be fair, I was making dedicated lines for the Three Head Officers of the Bagra Army from Xros Wars.

After Bandai announced its intent to add KoDokugumon to the DRB back in February of last year, I thought about using the spiders for Lilithmon since Arukenimon in 02 and Lilithmon in XW were bumbling, comedic villainesses like Jessie of Team Rocket. The addition of Oboromon allowed me to finally make Mummymon > Blastmon as the James to Arukenimon/Lilithmon's Jessie while also giving Tactimon a better transition from Troopmon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That does work really well. ...We really need my idea for a big spider-lady Yokai monster. But good job there.
To be fair, I was making dedicated lines for the Three Head Officers of the Bagra Army from Xros Wars.

After Bandai announced its intent to add KoDokugumon to the DRB back in February of last year, I thought about using the spiders for Lilithmon since Arukenimon in 02 and Lilithmon in XW were bumbling, comedic villainesses like Jessie of Team Rocket. The addition of Oboromon allowed me to finally make Mummymon > Blastmon as the James to Arukenimon/Lilithmon's Jessie while also giving Tactimon a better transition from Troopmon.
Yeah. I know. But still, you did a great job. That's a good idea to fit them together.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It pains for me to say, poor Bearmon.

I see some say it's perfect for jogress between WaruMonzaemon and Monzaemon and others say it's more suited for WaruMonzaemon.

So I came here in this random evo topic to post here.

How about jogress of... WaruMonzaemon and Digitamamon's "Nightmare Syndrome"? Remember Shurimon episode? I think I felt it does make sense...

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two lines for some of my favorites recolors I made some time ago for fun:

dorbickmon__gold_armour__custom_line_by_industrialpanic_dfaceu9-fullview.jpg

Dorbickmon (Gold Armour)

tengu__custom_line_by_industrialpanic_dfacncu-fullview.jpg

Blue Buraimon and Karatenmon

Holo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tried to make a couple color alterations to give a more cohesive look to the line. Wanted oboromon to look a bit more like an inbetween stage in terms of his color scheme. Given that asuramon still holds up better in terms of matching colors to me though I think I'll probably keep using him instead to fill the gap between musyamon and zanbamon.
mesFaKy.png

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BTW do you guys prefer BushiAgumon or Kotemon for Musyamon and/or Yaksamon?
with the new art of Oboromon out i recently looked at all the samurai mons, Ryudamon and Hyokomon are pretty much self concerned in their line,
leaving the Musyammon>Oboromon>Zanbamon/Tactimon and Yaksamon>Grademon>Gaioumon lines.