Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.5

Zyplum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Remember that Mistymon/MegaloGrowmon jogress I did in V.4? Yeah, I liked it so much that I decided to flesh it out. even made a bit of a story for the two.
Sebastian was, unlike his partner digimon, extremely confident. In his abilities, he believed that he had no equal despite his team's protests of that viewpoint. His partner, an Agumon Hakase, was the exact opposite of Sebastian. He was afraid, and had no confidence in his abilities as a digimon or even being able to protect his partner. The two came to a steady agreement with the two relying on each other's strength, causing the professor to become a student in a new field: magic. As time went on, the two would grow closer, achieving more strength in several ways. For Sebastian, it was in humility, and for Wizarmon it was confidence in his fighting prowess. Awakening Sebastian's crest, Tenacity, allowed Wizarmon to finally ascend to his ultimate or perfect form: Mistymon.
When the group all split off in groups of two, the unlikely duo of Sebastian and Rayne started traveling together, their partner digimon in toe. The two humans didn't always get along, but it was enough for them to get through everything without much issue, until finally, they met their match. When things were dire for the two tamers, their partners dove in to protect them, Mistymon and MegaloGrowmon taking a powerful blast from a Mugendramon and being heavily damaged. Rayne and Sebastian came to accept each other in what the two boys believed was their final moments. It was then that a familiar chime came from their digivices: Jogress Evolution. The magic warrior and the giant red cyborg combined to temporarily form MedievalDukemon, the Warrior of Fantasy and the general of the very winds itself.
It was time to face a new threat for the entire team, they were all united once more, and several other teams showed up to assist in the fight. In the chaos of the battle, the team's jogress evolutions were disabled as they were all separated. Mistymon came to Sebastian's aid once more and unleashed his full fury, at long last becoming the great warrior Dynasmon. When the world was saved at last, Sebastian decided to stay in the digital world and found a true sanctuary for weaker digimon, acting as a protector alongside his partner. the rest is history.
I'll get started on the story of MegaloGrowmon and it's tamer later.

Kyca

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Remember that Mistymon/MegaloGrowmon jogress I did in V.4? Yeah, I liked it so much that I decided to flesh it out. even made a bit of a story for the two.
Sebastian was, unlike his partner digimon, extremely confident. In his abilities, he believed that he had no equal despite his team's protests of that viewpoint. His partner, an Agumon Hakase, was the exact opposite of Sebastian. He was afraid, and had no confidence in his abilities as a digimon or even being able to protect his partner. The two came to a steady agreement with the two relying on each other's strength, causing the professor to become a student in a new field: magic. As time went on, the two would grow closer, achieving more strength in several ways. For Sebastian, it was in humility, and for Wizarmon it was confidence in his fighting prowess. Awakening Sebastian's crest, Tenacity, allowed Wizarmon to finally ascend to his ultimate or perfect form: Mistymon.
When the group all split off in groups of two, the unlikely duo of Sebastian and Rayne started traveling together, their partner digimon in toe. The two humans didn't always get along, but it was enough for them to get through everything without much issue, until finally, they met their match. When things were dire for the two tamers, their partners dove in to protect them, Mistymon and MegaloGrowmon taking a powerful blast from a Mugendramon and being heavily damaged. Rayne and Sebastian came to accept each other in what the two boys believed was their final moments. It was then that a familiar chime came from their digivices: Jogress Evolution. The magic warrior and the giant red cyborg combined to temporarily form MedievalDukemon, the Warrior of Fantasy and the general of the very winds itself.
It was time to face a new threat for the entire team, they were all united once more, and several other teams showed up to assist in the fight. In the chaos of the battle, the team's jogress evolutions were disabled as they were all separated. Mistymon came to Sebastian's aid once more and unleashed his full fury, at long last becoming the great warrior Dynasmon. When the world was saved at last, Sebastian decided to stay in the digital world and found a true sanctuary for weaker digimon, acting as a protector alongside his partner. the rest is history.
I'll get started on the story of MegaloGrowmon and it's tamer later.
Rookie suggestion: Rurimon
Yeah, this is just kind of an excuse to mention this lil guy. He really got the short end of the stick compared to the other memorial mons

Last edited by a moderator:

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
now that somebody brings it up, I do suddenly realize that Rurimon is a great rookie for Dynasmon in general.

If we ever get a localized name for it, I would like if they used Lulimon instead since its name is thought to come from Lapis Lazuli. It's just more comfortable for my mouth to say

Hydranoid413

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was looking up Seahomon to see if it evolves into any Dragon Digimon (only Goddramon so far, btw), since in Asian mythology seahorses are thought of as baby dragons, and from a Xros Wars screenshot I realised it has a yellow, striped belly and a yellow chin, which brings its design from “unrelated to Armadillomon” to “mostly unrelated to Armadillomon”

so, Armadillomon > Seahomon > Goddramon I guess?

citramon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was looking up Seahomon to see if it evolves into any Dragon Digimon (only Goddramon so far, btw), since in Asian mythology seahorses are thought of as baby dragons, and from a Xros Wars screenshot I realised it has a yellow, striped belly and a yellow chin, which brings its design from “unrelated to Armadillomon” to “mostly unrelated to Armadillomon”

so, Armadillomon > Seahomon > Goddramon I guess?
What about Armadimon - Seahomon - Wingdramon - Goddramon? Both Seahomon and Wingdramon have wings, helmets, hair and are blue with red stripes.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
uh65zvt.jpg

My first partner line with SSSS. Gridman characters, since Justmon is based on Toku heroes mainly Kamen Rider this line is perfect, I don't know what to give for Sho and Rikka.

Last edited:

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or Armadimon - Seahomon - MegaSeadramon - MetalSeadramon if you want to keep it as a sea dragon.
or Leviamon(regular or X) if you want to keep it a sea monster without becoming a cyborg(though in that case maybe swap out MegaSeaDramon for WaruSeaDramon)

Hydranoid413

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the SSSS Gridman characters are partially based on characters from Transformers’ “Shattered Glass” storyline, so here’s my Yuta line based entirely on Cliffjumper (who he’s partially based on)

idk a Rookie > Chackmon (small guy with a bazooka) > Phelesmon (red guy with devil horns) > Imperialdramon (transforming)

I’d like to put Flamedramon or something in there since he’s based specifically on Classics Cliffjumper who’s got silver flames on him, but no room ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the SSSS Gridman characters are partially based on characters from Transformers’ “Shattered Glass” storyline, so here’s my Yuta line based entirely on Cliffjumper (who he’s partially based on)

idk a Rookie > Chackmon (small guy with a bazooka) > Phelesmon (red guy with devil horns) > Imperialdramon (transforming)

I’d like to put Flamedramon or something in there since he’s based specifically on Classics Cliffjumper who’s got silver flames on him, but no room ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I never thought of that, why not use Veemon, Blucomon, or Guilmon as the rookies and I don’t know what Digimon that are similar to the Shattered Glass.

I think Mailbirdramon > Metal Greymon 2010 or Jazamon line.

Last edited:

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was looking up Seahomon to see if it evolves into any Dragon Digimon (only Goddramon so far, btw)
Seahomon's an Armor, Armors tended to get the short end of the stick in evolutions, especially the ones that didn't turn into Devas.

You're mostly trodding untrodden ground with them so it's the best idea to do something never done before.
since Justmon is based on Toku heroes mainly Kamen Rider this line is perfect
Except that Gridman was an Ultraman knockoff. (Well, knockoff is a bit far, it was made by the same people, it's not a Zone Fighter situation, but even so.) You're conflating Toei with Tsuburaya.

IndustrialPanic

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm the only one who thinks Gulus had big Flowey energy?

flower_by_industrialpanic_dext8o7-fullview.jpg

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, his 'Eat or be Eaten mantra put me in mind of him too.
Good choices.

ShootingStarMel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can someone help me find Megas for the following Digimon?

Shakkoumon
Meteormon
MetalMamemon

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can someone help me find Megas for the following Digimon?

Shakkoumon
Meteormon
MetalMamemon
You could use

Shakkoumon > Slash Angemon
Meteormon > BanchoGolemon
Metal mamemon > Machinedramon

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
for Shakkoumon, I know that there are some people who fiercely support ClavisAngemon as an evolution. Here's a graph made by somebody offsite that's honestly pretty convincing

AEczx9l.png

ShootingStarMel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
uwflAot.png

although I don't usually mind at all when digimon change attributes upon evolving, something about making a visual of a data Tyrannomon line and a virus Tyrannomon line separated is very appealing to me

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anybody have ideas for Transformer shattered Glass based lines of cliff jumper, Megatrone, and sideswipe?

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
for Shakkoumon, I know that there are some people who fiercely support ClavisAngemon as an evolution. Here's a graph made by somebody offsite that's honestly pretty convincing

AEczx9l.png
Only problem I see with Clavis as an evo is that it isn't Free attribute, so it doesn't work quite as well as Imperialdramon or Valkyriemon do for their respective Ultimates. The other problem though is that Valkyriemon and Imperialdramon work as solo evos without the need of their original jogresses from the vpet. Can't really say the same for Vikemon who only makes sense when you consider that Zudomon was supposed to jogress with Shakkoumon.